Microwave Cuisine

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've bought microwaveable edamame before and it is pretty quality.

I might have to check out that Tandoor Chef stuff. I usually pack frozen meals like that for lunch. Trader Joe's has excellent frozen Indian food, but I'd be willing to try that out.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I love those big Marie Calendar pot pies. I stir them after cooking and dump Tabasco all over them. I never eat them anymore though because they are literally worse for you than a bacon cheeseburger and fries from a fast food place.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I eat one of these at work every weekday morning.
0007790050217_500X500.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Next time you do this throw a tomato in it, and use BBQ sauce and bleu cheese instead of ranch.
no

And Dirk I used to eat those tyson buffalo strips constantly, but I swear in the last year or so they decided to stop making them normal sized and start making them all the size of my forearm. Throws off the ratio of buffalo to chicken and makes them never cook quite right in the microwave and forces me to turn on the oven. Like some kind of fucking savage.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
They're ok in the oven, but they're still shitty. The problem is if they aren't on sale they're $9.99 or something and I find that offensive as shit.

The real delicacy is their chicken fries. Now that shit I can eat.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
no

And Dirk I used to eat those tyson buffalo strips constantly, but I swear in the last year or so they decided to stop making them normal sized and start making them all the size of my forearm. Throws off the ratio of buffalo to chicken and makes them never cook quite right in the microwave and forces me to turn on the oven. Like some kind of fucking savage.
Yeah, I think they did get bigger, and I have them almost never any more. I like the spice they have on them, and you're entirely right - too much chicken without enough spice when they're so big.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Want to see over priced shit, take a look at Tyson's gluten free bags of frozen chicken nuggets or chicken strips. Holy shit you get more chicken from an order of chicken nuggets at Wendy's, but Tyson thinks it's cool to charge a fortune for them.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I've bought microwaveable edamame before and it is pretty quality.

I might have to check out that Tandoor Chef stuff. I usually pack frozen meals like that for lunch. Trader Joe's has excellent frozen Indian food, but I'd be willing to try that out.
Trader Joe's doesn't have shit on Tandoor Chef.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Want to see over priced shit, take a look at Tyson's gluten free bags of frozen chicken nuggets or chicken strips. Holy shit you get more chicken from an order of chicken nuggets at Wendy's, but Tyson thinks it's cool to charge a fortune for them.
Good, gluten free is for fags.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
4 minutes isn't all that impressive. You only cook them in boiling water for 3 minutes. It takes a couple minutes for the water to boil but it's pretty much a wash I think.

I have also learned that it is much better to throw the seasoning packet away and just put some soy sauce on them instead. I don't make "soup" though, I drain them and just eat the noodles.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
4 minutes isn't all that impressive. You only cook them in boiling water for 3 minutes. It takes a couple minutes for the water to boil but it's pretty much a wash I think.

I have also learned that it is much better to throw the seasoning packet away and just put some soy sauce on them instead. I don't make "soup" though, I drain them and just eat the noodles.
At work though, at least in my work, and I'd imagine many others, we don't have access to a stove to boil water. Hence why he said a quick work meal. Not sure why I never looked into that before, because I love me some ramen, and for work it would be great.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Good point. I glossed over the work part. A lot of people do the cup-o-noodles thing at work and either heat up water in the microwave or run it through the coffee maker.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
One of my go-to snacks, especially during football season, is to buy one of those triangle tubs of crumbled blue cheese and then fill it 1/4 of the way with tobasco and mix it all together. Eat with a spoon. Yum.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Good point. I glossed over the work part. A lot of people do the cup-o-noodles thing at work and either heat up water in the microwave or run it through the coffee maker.
I used to do that too but paying an extra buck for a couple pieces of freeze dried corn and peas always bothered me. And yeah this is just an at work thing for me. I saw it on Shark Tank originally and when I saw it at the grocery store I was like "fuck yeah, work ramen!" Works good, you can't tell it was nuked.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I like putting blue cheese crumbles on my baked potatoes.