Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Flank_sl

shitlord
There's an HD texture pack for PC, did you apply that?
No, because they recommend 6GB video memory for that
frown.png

Nester

Vyemm Raider
This game is legit.

Some Orc got 2 levels off me, was awesome when I finally got some payback. Random orcs getting promoted for killing you is pretty damn cool.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I wish you could regeneration health outside of cutting herbs as you need them.

Game is pretty awesome so far.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I need details! How's the game other than awesome? You guys are really tempting me into buying this but I'm still stuck on Destiny.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sigh. If you let me complete (nearly) all of the side content and become OP before doing the first couple of story missions then I just can't help but do it! I haven't done a single power struggle though so I only have two teirs unlocked though all my weapon rune slots are already unlocked. Also Caragors are my bain. And I am still mastering Critical Strikes.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I wish you could regeneration health outside of cutting herbs as you need them.

Game is pretty awesome so far.
Get the rune that replenishes some hp on crit (sword rune) also there's a dagger rune that full heals you on stealth kill.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok so a series of really awesome events just happened. So far Caragors have been my bain but since they are not bosses they don't level up and so a couple of arrows takes them down. (or just getting up high and mounting them). Well I've killed off all of the under captains a couple of times now but the hardest ones for me are the bow guys who are immune to stealth, ranged, etc. So I'm doing a mission and two of these guys pop up and own me in quick succession. Well it has been awhile since I died (a LONG while) so they get some major level ups off me. Next thing you know I have three more deaths in rapid succession as combination of bow, ranged immune, and tracker orcs appear in two's in my missions.

So in this last mission right as I'm about to save the last prisoner two of them pop up and I'm freaking out for the first time like oh shit not again, three hit death crossbow fuckers. So I jump a wall and release some Catagor meat from two spots and summon 5 of those fuckers. They proceed to take out all of the new orcs the Captains summoned and I manage to kill one of the Captains in the melee. The other orc is also Catagor deadly or whatever it is called so as soon as he takes out the last one and it's just me and him I run up on him and go to fucking town.

It felt so fucking good to get revenge. I thought I was godlike but the system was just working it's way through orc types until it found one deadly to me I think. And it brought them in pairs. So. Fucking. Awesome.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Holy shit Combat Drain

Stab - Stab - Stab - Pull out bow - headshot - Headshot - Headshot - Combat Drain - Repeat

Wraith. Finisher. Oh. My Fucking. God.

If you are wondering how to use it run up to something and tap E (your drain key) then flurry attack.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
What the fuck really? Lol
Even the High textures want 3 gig of video ram. If you don't have a bleeding edge video card in your PC you're going to be stuck at Med (2gig) or Low (1gig). What's even worse is it is lacking SLI support out of the box, there are some jury-rigged work arounds out there. So far the game is good but holy shit I'm not sure why they think they need all that ram.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The trick with the ultra textures is the game only needs about 4.8gb, but there's no cards out there at the moment that really do 5gb (6gb+ titans and whatnot), so they rounded up. With ultra textures and cutting a few other effects you could run it at 30+ fps on a 4gb card, according to people that've tinkered around some. It's goobery but it's there.

I've got a fairly middle-of-the-road card and I'm running almost everything at high with no fps drops so far. The specs are a bit overstated.

Flank_sl

shitlord
I have a 4gb card (GTX 560), but it just does not feel smooth even on high. It looks good enough for me on low though, and never lags at all.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I am not going to lie, I promoted a lot of orcs last night.
Yeah, I had trouble getting the hang of the PC controls for the game, they just feel so weird to me.

Also... wtf is up with the space bar not registering when you hit it to dodge the evil cats?

Some captains get seriously OP... My nemesis for a while that got up to power 15-16 was immune to ranged damage and melee damage and non-stealth executions.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I need details! How's the game other than awesome? You guys are really tempting me into buying this but I'm still stuck on Destiny.
Ok so a series of really awesome events just happened. So far Caragors have been my bain but since they are not bosses they don't level up and so a couple of arrows takes them down. (or just getting up high and mounting them). Well I've killed off all of the under captains a couple of times now but the hardest ones for me are the bow guys who are immune to stealth, ranged, etc. So I'm doing a mission and two of these guys pop up and own me in quick succession. Well it has been awhile since I died (a LONG while) so they get some major level ups off me. Next thing you know I have three more deaths in rapid succession as combination of bow, ranged immune, and tracker orcs appear in two's in my missions.

So in this last mission right as I'm about to save the last prisoner two of them pop up and I'm freaking out for the first time like oh shit not again, three hit death crossbow fuckers. So I jump a wall and release some Catagor meat from two spots and summon 5 of those fuckers. They proceed to take out all of the new orcs the Captains summoned and I manage to kill one of the Captains in the melee. The other orc is also Catagor deadly or whatever it is called so as soon as he takes out the last one and it's just me and him I run up on him and go to fucking town.

It felt so fucking good to get revenge. I thought I was godlike but the system was just working it's way through orc types until it found one deadly to me I think. And it brought them in pairs. So. Fucking. Awesome.
You now have your details
smile.png

And this is what makes the game awesome. I need to experience this, and I need to do more things like what you did Selix. I end up going in guns blazing, although I was only able to play for 2 hours last night. Tonight I'll have from 6-11 or so.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So are they a nemesis as soon as they kill you? Or do they have to kill you a few times? I've only died to the same orc no more than one time and haven't seen anything special with that system yet.