Might & Magic X: Legacy

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Finished the game last night and must say I enjoyed it a lot.

Finished very close to reaching level 34, Got the 100% explore achievement and killed 1k mobs. Also picked up 21 relics and used more then half. None of the blues I found/shopped seemed to be able to replace them really.

Ran with:
Shield bearer: GM-Shield, Warfare, Heavy armor. M-Mace. E-Crossbow
Warmonger- GM-Spear, 2H. M-Warfare, Arcane Disc. E-Endurance, Medium armor, Bow.
Blade Master- GM-Dagger, DW. M-Warfare. E-Dodge, Bow, Arcane Disc, Medium armor.
Archmage- GM-Dark(not till after the final dungeon) M-Earth, Water. E-Fire, Light, Prime, Air, Focus.

I liked Dark over the others to push for GM on my buff mage because of how nice agony was for some extra damage, but really she just pumped out buffs 90% of the time. Just kept Stoneskin-Membrane always up then wards if needed with some CeleArmor and a regen when needed.....which I needed less with my Orc with a lifesteal chest relic and my Elf with dual 14% life steal daggers.

Really game was very skin by my teeth for about the first half then after that game got easier since party got better gear and my mage got more buffs. Really only issue I had left was at the end of the game getting close to wiping me out.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Discovered this last night in the thieves den as well. Decided to give up though after not opening after a ton of attempts.
Thieves' Den ones are all easy reqs, just go get the Hour of Power buff outside and you should be able to open even the perception one with no trouble.

Vaclav

Doing an Archer focused group now, and it's working very well so far into Act 2. Perception isn't awful - it's just.... different compared to the rest.

Ranger, Scout, Druid, Runepriest. Roots/AE roots make it a pretty laughably easy group to use on 99% of stuff and with double DW on the melee and better spec knowledge than my first full playthrough bosses and other unrootables aren't really causing issues of note yet.

Really looking forward to AE root + bows + RP mastery ability.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
What a difference a good group makes... Druid/Blade Dancer/Rune Priest/Barbarian -- just walked through the lighthouse and knocked out the boss in the first go. Wasn't even close, with all the DPS done by the two casters (less damage than if my melees tried to hit him and get reposted). My last group got owned hard by him.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm having trouble gaining entrance to the Lost City. After meeting Kilburn I cleared a way to the cave with the ghouls and skeletons, but at the gate to the Lost City I need a key I don't have. Searching the interwebs,this videoshows 2 guards spawning, one of which drops an Iron Key. Unfortunately, those guards never spawned for me. Tried reloading, restarting the game, ...
Am I missing something, or bug and so out of luck?
It seems it's a bug that happens sometimes. There is however a way to fix it, had to spend a bit of time finding the original thread with the fix:

To solve this delete the "<condition failState="HIDDEN" xsi:type="QuestActiveCondition" questID="37"/>" in \Might and Magic X Legacy_Data\StreamingAssets\Dialog\LordKilburnDial og.xml file.
After that you can speak again with Kilburn - the quest will update properly.

2 guards will spawn in Lost City lvl 1 locked door which drops a key to open the Lost City lvl 2.

I haven't tested it, so make sure to backup the file before changing it.

Vorph

Speaking of bugs:

There's a typo in \Might & Magic? X Legacy\Might and Magic X Legacy_Data\StreamingAssets\StaticData\QuestSteps. csv -- open the file in notepad++ or whatever and search for MELEE_WEAPON.82 and change the period to a comma. If you don't fix it, you cannot get the quest reward for the bestiary, which is a relic dagger.

Vaclav

Really? Neat to know although you can't finish it till the very end.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Speaking of bugs:

There's a typo in \Might & Magic? X Legacy\Might and Magic X Legacy_Data\StreamingAssets\StaticData\QuestSteps. csv -- open the file in notepad++ or whatever and search for MELEE_WEAPON.82 and change the period to a comma. If you don't fix it, you cannot get the quest reward for the bestiary, which is a relic dagger.
Well damn. Was wondering why they had a relic for every weapon but dagger.

To bad already past the quest.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So did anyone have issues with the Lighthouse boss being ultra buggy? I experienced several different bugs in ~15 attempts before he finally bugged out in my favor and I was allowed to kill him. Mostly dealing with him pushing me, and then me being stuck not being able to move, or act. Also a bug where he'd push me and then the game would think I was somewhere I wasn't. THat's the one that finally allowed me to win, because he moved into my square and proceeded to attack through me, and his push never worked after that.

Cool game so far, but wtf. I didn't have a single engagement that didn't experience a bug of some sort on that guy, you'd think that shit would have been discovered in ANY kind of testing.

Vaclav

That "bug" involves you trying to move before he's finished his move - wife kept being impatient and running into it to she'd see the shove then immediately try to move back and freeze it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah never seen that. As for the relic dagger, it's a caster weapon, because fuck dual wield daggers or something. There's a couple of fairly big bugs, going to the crag before getting the quest from after lost city generally blocks progress in the main quest, TPing out of the runepriest closed area makes it impossible to complete cause the door doesn't open anymore, killing the cyclops for the dwarven defender quest before having the quest bugs it, the mentionned bug about the guards in lost city 1 not spawning, somehow entering tomb of 1000terrors before having the quest(I personally couldn't even enter it but someone mentionned doing it and clearing it before having the quest) and maybe a few others. Seems a lot are just doing stuff out of order breaking the quests, even though some other quests work fine even when you do them out of order. Also as a general bug, using the teleport to get out of combat will make you be stuck in combat until you run back to the place and finish the fight(and the mobs keep moving meanwhile so it's messy).

I think most of it is fixable by editing various shit but pretty annoying when it happens.

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It seems it's a bug that happens sometimes. There is however a way to fix it, had to spend a bit of time finding the original thread with the fix:

To solve this delete the "<condition failState="HIDDEN" xsi:type="QuestActiveCondition" questID="37"/>" in \Might and Magic X Legacy_Data\StreamingAssets\Dialog\LordKilburnDial og.xml file.

2 guards will spawn in Lost City lvl 1 locked door which drops a key to open the Lost City lvl 2.

That worked, thanks a million, Pyros! The Kilburn conversation was reset and evolved into the 'search for Montbard' quest (side effect of the fix is that you can keep doing the conversation). Just killed the Lost City guards and got the key.

I think I know how I broke the quest: after my first visit to Kilburn, I got the quest correctly, but then I reloaded until before Kilburn, and then halfway through the quest conversatio again, went 'back' instead of 'continue'. That exited the conversation and removed it from the dialogue options but I hadn't gotten the follow-up quest yet.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
That "bug" involves you trying to move before he's finished his move - wife kept being impatient and running into it to she'd see the shove then immediately try to move back and freeze it.
Well, no. Because I wasn't doing that. I was anything but impatient with that fight, I was taking my time trying to figure out what the fuck to do to win.

Vaclav

Weird, wife getting it to lock there was her moving too early every time.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well, even if that were the only thing that triggered it, I still hardly think it deserves quotations around it. It's a game-breaking bug (only thing you can do is load), that should have been quite easily found in testing.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Instead of finishing Act III with my bladedancer, druid, RP, and Freemage I decided I would do one....more restart! Went double blade dancer (1 DW dagger, 1 DW sword), a crusader more so focused on GM light magic and alot of spirit, and a freemage with air, dark, and magic focus for primary skills. 3 of the 4 have basic earth just for regen.

Just got into ACT II, skipped the lost city and have destoryed everything on my way to karth and Crag that I've come across. Best of all I was doing it with fairly crappy weapons from the starter city, my crusader was using a white starting sword until 5 minutes ago. Now I picked up a extra attack blue dagger and strong green at Crag that will basically quardraple my damage and just turned in the meteor so i'll have that in a week. Figure i'll go do blade dancer promotion, and then bend over most of lost city and be on my merry way.

Love this game. Really hope they pump out some additional content and maybe even a new class (2 hand GM Axe please)

Vaclav

Well, even if that were the only thing that triggered it, I still hardly think it deserves quotations around it. It's a game-breaking bug (only thing you can do is load), that should have been quite easily found in testing.
With how many unavoidable ones are in the game is why I quoted it - it's certainly a bug, but on levels of how much hassle they cause once you understand them it's one of the easiest to mitigate.

It's the first glaring case where the shoestring budget they were on shined to me though.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
Just got a bad bug within the elemental forge - fire shard area. It's a known issue apparently, where if you push the rafts in a different order, they end up blocking one another and you can't finish the fire shard > blessing.

Is there something I can edit in one of the csv files to progress this?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just got a bad bug within the elemental forge - fire shard area. It's a known issue apparently, where if you push the rafts in a different order, they end up blocking one another and you can't finish the fire shard > blessing.

Is there something I can edit in one of the csv files to progress this?
Actually I mentionned this before cause I had the same issue. After a few posts on the forums about it, someone mentionned that there is actually a reset button in the room. Right when you enter on the right side, there's a lever you can activate that resets the thingies. I haven't actually pressed it but I did see it when I was looking for it on my playthrough after reading about it. Otherwise the game autosaves when you zone in the tower so you should be able to load that save.

Crone

Doing an Archer focused group now, and it's working very well so far into Act 2. Perception isn't awful - it's just.... different compared to the rest.

Ranger, Scout, Druid, Runepriest. Roots/AE roots make it a pretty laughably easy group to use on 99% of stuff and with double DW on the melee and better spec knowledge than my first full playthrough bosses and other unrootables aren't really causing issues of note yet.

Really looking forward to AE root + bows + RP mastery ability.
I suppose it doesn't matter as much, since you have your dual wield characters, but did you change the ranged damage penalty while in melee range? I suppose that'd make it even more laughable.

I admit though, that was one of my favorite parts about Asheron's Call. I could play an Archer, and no matter how close a mob got, I could still just plink arrows.
smile.png

I've been fixing this stuff as I see it come up so that I can hopefully avoid as many bugs as possible. I don't get much time to play, so I'm still very early in the game, so hopefully by the time I get through this stuff, I'll be mostly bug free! haha