Might & Magic X: Legacy

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Do you need any shards outside of earth to do the blademaster promotion? Just got into ACT II with my new team and haven't done it in the past. Got the quest, just curious if there is an artifical limitation to complete like need a shard of XXX or just a difficulty challenge to complete
You don't need anything, but the mobs in the mini dungeon for it are fairly high level so it's unlikely you'd be able to complete it, I think. Also, at least when I did it, the mobs spawn only after you do the quest, which makes it possible to be stuck in there with no way out if you can't handle the mobs, so not sure it's a terribly good idea. I haven't done it with a blademaster though so don't know how much it matters.

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Guess i'll hit the lost city up first then go give it a go. Dragon was really easy back in other zone and orcs so far was pretty easy (only had 2 groups but 1was like 5 of them with no threat at all). Or are we talking significantly harder then the black fang guys hard?

I'm debating to upgrade my poor blade dancers weapons, using greens from the first town store w/ +3 flat damage, there was a nice + 20 damage flat damage plus almost 2 X th base damage. For some mobs my blade dancer does most the damage while my mages are rotating c-ward, regen/buffs, and damage peppered with additional regen if needed from my free mage so I should probably invest in a top end weapon. Only have about 9k gold atm since so many spells with the 3 mages but i'm guessing loss city will increase my bank roll .

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's voracious ghouls, which are extremely tough in melee groups. Iirc they're vindictive(gets additional strikes when you miss/get blocked, this one I'm sure of) and enrage(higher crit chance when under 50% hp) and a base block chance. They would routinely one shot people. Actually do Lost City, at some point during it there's a harder part of the city where you're supposed to come back later, and it has voracious ghouls in there(note that it also has just ghouls, those are the easy type). So you can see for yourself, specifically it's on lvl 2 there's a path that lead to level 3 guarded by 2 voracious ghouls which you're not supposed to go to at that point, so you can see. Know that you'll have to fight like 4-5 at a time iirc, and there's also facehuggers(highly resistant mobs who drain mana on hit, but fairly squishy for melees).

You might be able to kill them fine mind you, I was just saying it's unlikely, but with a good amount of defenses and reloads, it might actually be fairly easy.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Level 3 of the Lost City is no joke. I'd wager that levels 1,2, and 4 are doable in your early to mid teens in level, but I wouldn't touch level 3 until you're close to level 20. Luckily, 1, 2, and 4 are interconnected, you can completely bypass 3 if need be. Also, try to have the ability to find secrets as you go through the Lost City. I didn't have any dark magic the first time through, so once I did I ran back through it with the detect secret spell up and proceeded to loot around ~50,000 gold worth of items and gold, theres a shit ton of secrets down there.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Well I started my fourth or fifth playthrough after beating the lighthouse. I'm obsessed with making each slot have greatest impact. So far I'm pretty convinced the best 3 for me are:

1. Druid. Massive heals and good utility (Nature+Light)
2. Runepriest. Fire damage and backup heals (Fire+Primordial+Dark)
3. Blade Dancer. (DW Sword)

I'm still struggling with the fourth slot though. I've tried both tanks and found them really underwhelming. I'm using Barbarian now and he does huge damage and has tons of HP but I'm worried about long-term survivability. Both Barb and Dancer have Warfare so I can provoke when need be. My biggest problem in Warrior was lack of DPS (so when my DPS went down, even though my tank was living he couldn't do anything). Anyway, this setup is a LOT of fun to play - big damage, good healing, but man I'm worried I'm going to run into something that basically needs a tank to kill.

Oh yeah, both Dragon and Cyclops stomp me but I just think I'm not leveled enough for them yet.

This game is a surprising amount of fun.

spronk

FPS noob
there is no mob in the game that requires a tank to kill, i did everything with 4 casters and with shields and regen going I rarely saw my HP bar move, I did wipe a few times but adjusting tactics and using different buffs/etc were more help than any impact a different class would have been.

the only ones I can think of that are really tough all use ranged magic as their main attack abilities, so having a tank I don't think would do too much there anyways.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Are there any abilities that allow 2h mace to hit multiple targets? Running into bigger and bigger packs make me start to wish I just got fireball for everyone

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
No, but you can find weapons that have mods that hit the whole group, and also armor pieces that add enemy group damage. Although those amounts tend to be small-ish, you're better off using those tactics with someone who dual wields so you can stack the damage 4,5,6 times across multiple attacks per round. My ranger does like 39 AE damage(damage from 3 different armor pieces he wears) which would suck on just 1 attack, but is pretty awesome added on to his 4 attacks per round right now. It basically hits for about the same as my mage's fireball(100-150 average) with Master Fire skill.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Drajakur: That's the exact group I ended up using too. I'd say stick with the barbarian, because you won't be able to enter the orc area if you don't have an orc in the group. Be sure to switch the barbarian over to spears instead of maces though.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Runepriests can't use Dark btw. And you don't really need both Light and Earth, Earth alone is enough as a Druid, even though I guess expert light is nice enough until you can promote(which as a druid is very easy to do). After trying it I think GM water is a lot better than GM light if you also have earth, liquid membrane shits on everything else since it's a flat 25% dmg reduction and you get good damage potential too(better than what earth gives you).

And yeah tanks are useless, plus everything is a tank with membrane+stoneskin. Like I explained it before on my 4mage setup, my freemage(who can't use medium armor or shields) was still taking less than 20dmg crit on melee attacks from bosses with both buffs up. Normal enemies(even elites) hit for 1 and sometimes crit for 3-4. The defensive spells are extremely strong especially when combined. The only point of Defender imo is for the 4might achievement, I think 4 defenders might actually be superior to blade dancers+other stuff because you can ignore most physical defense stuff since they can use shields and heavy armor and focus on the important defensive stat, arcane resist, and you only need to max GM axe to get a fairly decent damage potential. Not sure what the other tank you're thinking of since that's really the only tank. If you meant crusaders though, they're really good but they're not tanks and more like healers with good melee.

Crone

Who all gets Dark magic for the secret finding?

Freemage and Shaman?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Can you learn skills you don't pick at creation? So far I've only found the trainers of higher ranks (Expert+).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Only freemages get dark. As for learning skills, everytime you level you can put points in stuff you don't know as well, 1pt in a skill=you can use it, there's no need for a trainer. Trainers are only to unlock expert and higher.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Oh shit, I've been using that "only show known skills" checkmark. Fuck! Serves me right for thinking they'd keep it Might and Magic and still need trainers.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh shit, I've been using that "only show known skills" checkmark. Fuck! Serves me right for thinking they'd keep it Might and Magic and still need trainers.
The difference is it costing a skill point rather than money. I actually like it this way because its one less thing you need to run around for. I also feel its balanced since the tradeoff is a skill point rather than finding the trainer and money. To each his own though.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, except the intuitive thing to me would be to have trainers for base skills, and then just use skill points for ranks. It makes no sense that you can teach yourself Fire Magic from scratch in the field, but need some jackass to teach you to do it better, lol.

Regardless though, I liked the traditional MM way of having trainers for both.

Crone

Pretty sure this game would be B.A. on a touch screen. Please port this to Android or iOS!