Might & Magic X: Legacy

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I hope it does continue on after the game's current ending. After the game ends, they do give you control of your party again to do whatever you want(if you have sidequests to finish up), it doesn't just end, so that had to be on purpose for continuing on with DLC.

And yeah, once you go through the Lost City with being able to detect secrets you'll never be short of money again(on normal). I think at that point in the game I had 150K-200K gold, and I ended up finishing the game with around 400K gold. There just wasn't hardly anything to buy during Acts 3 and 4.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gold is always useful. People who say they have 200k+ and nothing to do with it are just not bothering to check the magic vendors in Crag and Karthal, or the vendor in the slums that can spawn any type of item. I spend gold as fast as I get it and most of my team has full resist-all/+skill jewelry and any other slots not taken up by relics. Hell, very few relics can even compete with items like that.

Although, combining very good items with an optimized party can make the game a bit too easy. I'm going through act IV on warrior with just the three standard buffs (cel. armor/stoneskin/burning det.) and spamming 1111111111 to kill everything while pretty much never taking any damage, and it's been like this since the last third of act II or so. Blademaster and warmonger do so much damage that using mana for nukes just feels like a waste of time.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Gold is always useful. People who say they have 200k+ and nothing to do with it are just not bothering to check the magic vendors in Crag and Karthal, or the vendor in the slums that can spawn any type of item. I spend gold as fast as I get it and most of my team has full resist-all/+skill jewelry and any other slots not taken up by relics. Hell, very few relics can even compete with items like that.

Although, combining very good items with an optimized party can make the game a bit too easy. I'm going through act IV on warrior with just the three standard buffs (cel. armor/stoneskin/burning det.) and spamming 1111111111 to kill everything while pretty much never taking any damage, and it's been like this since the last third of act II or so. Blademaster and warmonger do so much damage that using mana for nukes just feels like a waste of time.
I had about 600K+ and it was useless for me.

All I spent it on was mana pots (which didnt really need). I checked vendors everytime I hit town and they almost never had anything to offer.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm playing on warrior and had just killed the main boss guy in Lost City (I know there is more to explore still), and at that point the 20k I had then was the most I've ever had. I'm back down to almost zero now after buying that weapon.

I eagerly await the point where money is meaningless to me!

Vorph

I've got about 70k left right now, and I'm basically done with the game. Every character has a ton of resist all and +20 or so to their most important skill, as well as immunities to the most annoying things, like knockout/paralyze for melee and feeblemind for caster. That's just from stopping by shops when convenient, not sitting outside and advancing time or loading savegames endlessly until something good shows up. (I did do that once early on because I was about 12 hours into the game and my two melees were still using the white weapons they stepped off the boat with, which made further progress nearly impossible at that point.)

Shops do favor certain affixes when they roll items, so maybe I just got lucky by only needing things with +spear/+sword/+light/+earth and those ones happen to show up all the time.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've got about 70k left right now, and I'm basically done with the game. Every character has a ton of resist all and +20 or so to their most important skill, as well as immunities to the most annoying things, like knockout/paralyze for melee and feeblemind for caster. That's just from stopping by shops when convenient, not sitting outside and advancing time or loading savegames endlessly until something good shows up. (I did do that once early on because I was about 12 hours into the game and my two melees were still using the white weapons they stepped off the boat with, which made further progress nearly impossible at that point.)

Shops do favor certain affixes when they roll items, so maybe I just got lucky by only needing things with +spear/+sword/+light/+earth and those ones happen to show up all the time.
Haha, that's exactly the situation I was in last night. My damage just wasn't keeping up, as I said the druid's relic staff did way more melee damage against heavily armored stuff. I saved and reloaded at least 10 times before I found a sword I a) wanted and b) could afford. That's probably the last time I'll do that too.

Crazily

N00b
I am still on my first play through but I am thinking for a 2nd play through, would it be viable to have a 2 person party? Not sure how XP works but if you have 1 person instead of 4 would they get more xp/level up faster?

Vorph

You have to have 4 characters. If you play with 2 dead and 2 alive all that happens is that half the xp is discarded. You even lose the xp if characters are stunned (paralyze and sleep too I think?), it's not just unconsciousness/death that does it.

Caliane

Still not done here. have work/other games, so its slow going.

But, my damage is kindof split. Ranged. my freemage is king. Mentioned early my record was like 767 chain to one. yeah. beat that be alot now. still not GM but 25 skill points. the damage per turn for cyclone, thunderstorm and chain lit has to be absurd. The damage she throws out onto packs is just crazy.
my melee are merc and scout. the merc really adds very little. I am not impressed with him at all. Scout trounces him with damage though. 2 master warfare is pretty good. Armor pen and anti-block.
those melee are aided by my druid giving acid bath armor pen, and -evade on poison.
liquid membrane, regen, stoneskin, and celestial as needed.

And yeah, have immunity rings/ammys.

Has anyone figured out the exp thing?

My scout has a good 900 exp then everyone else. And I almost always reload on a stun/death/etc, that causes exp to be missed.
And have directly noted the scout getting like 25% more exp on a kill.

Does the killing blow get extra exp?
Edit. I think that is it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
As far as exp discrepency, someone in the party always gets more EXP when things dont divide evenly by 4. I've seen my characters get like 35,33,33,33 exp from a kill. I wonder if the game always dumps the leftover exp on one particular character slot, like maybe the first one? I almost always reloaded on deaths/missing exp, and my barbarian in my #1 character slot would always level up a handful of kills sooner than the rest of the party by the end of the game. 1 or 2 exp per kill might not sound like much, but thats maybe 3-5% more exp than the other characters, I could see where 1 would slowly pull away from the others over time if the same character always got it.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Could very well be the kill shot, since my Crusader is the one lagging way behind, and he pretty much spends most battles sucking ass just getting blocked all the time. Worthless POS.

The block mechanics for this game really SEVERELY punish a balanced party. I have Crusader, Scout, Druid, Freemage, so really only 1 melee char (I altered the range malus because that's fucking stupid). I can spam the unblockable attack til he's out of mana, but I can almost never make use of his sunder/taunt etc unless it's on a monster that just doesn't block.

Vorph

It's definitely the kill shot that gets the leftover xp after dividing it up.

Plus, as I mentioned above, characters that are disabled in any way at the end of a battle lose their share entirely. I've lost xp on my druid several times because something stunned her and then died to poison. So now I use Burning Determination constantly whether I think I need it or not.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm almost certain it is the killing blow that receives the extra xp.

And there is nothing I hate more in this game than stun etc. depriving a character of xp. If they are dead, sure, but anything else (including unconscious) should still give xp.

Caliane

its definitely kill shot. i have been keeping a look at it now.
44/44/44/46
46/44/44/44
44/44/46/44
All specifically who got the killshot.

And if a DOT gets the killshot. poison cloud, cyclone. NO ONE gets the bonus.

Dispel magic clears stun, if you didnt know. The prime all clear.

Also of note, just incase it was missed. since none of us have mentioned it specifically.
you can have your party attack in any order you want.
druid might be in last slot... but you can have them use acid splash first for example.

Crone

Went back to my 4 mage team, because I wanted a freemage in the party and didn't want to remake. What's the best route to go for skills on Free mage? Have 2 RPs, and a Druid on the team. Was going Air and Water for nukes?

Vorph

I'd go with:
GM - Air, Dark, Magic Focus
Expert - Prime, Mysticism

Rest in whatever. Arcane Disc. if you give him the Jade Coif, Endurance if you feel you need the hp, or continue on with Mysticism. You can get the first two to Expert at level 31, but you can't get Mysticism to Master unless you manage to hit 32 which is tough to do.

Water sucks when limited to master tier only.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So how do you hit 40 in one playthrough if 32 is tough to do? Is that cheevo pre-planned for post-endgame DLC type shit?

Vorph

You don't. Either they're planning a rather huge DLC, or someone screwed up and the achievement should have actually been for level 30 instead of 40. If you do every single thing in the game and you picked up the 10% xp hireling the moment he becomes available, you'll hit 32 very late in act IV. 30 to 40 is probably close to the same amount of xp as 1-30 so that's completely out of the question.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't remember it being mentioned previously in this thread, but I might have forgotten since reading it because I didn't know what you guys were talking about at the time, so my apologies if it has already been discussed.

Can anyone explain to me why swords are vastly superior to say, spears? I didn't check every single different weapon type, so there might be others, but swords seem vastly overpowered compared to a spear or a mace, etc. What I mean is, my 1h sword does 29-33 base. My 2h spear does something like 16-32 base (I believe there are a few with a little bit higher damage but it isn't much more). Right off, damage range? Seriously? Why is a sword always almost the same damage but a spear isn't? Forgetting the fact that I can use two of those swords, lets look at a "Seismic" prefix on both. The sword gets somewhere between 17-23 extra earth damage. The spear gets about 4-6. WTF?

Now, I don't actually own that seismic spear, but I'm guessing the fact it is two-handed isn't going to suddenly make that "bonus" earth damage increase one bit. Hell, I'm not really even sure that it increases the normal damage either. I understand there are other benefits to a spear like extra block, armor penetration, extra damage to large creatures, etc. But that's really nothing compared to an extra 15 or so elemental damage, for free, on every hit. In some of those battles where you are fighting like 10 things in a row, an extra 15 really adds up fast.

I do also seem to remember that GM spear is a pretty big damage boost...but I'm pretty sure it doesn't affect bonus damage anyway, so why do swords get such huge stats and other weapons don't?