Mikhail and Hodj's Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You could embarrass me right now by giving your sources (if you had any).
I could, but don't really give a shit about proving you right or wrong.

Already did that 6 months ago. So hard you ran away for 6 months.

Then you came back, and you were still mad.

So my job here is done.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Anyway, if you guys are interested, the Henry J Kaiser foundation has a really good tool on their website for figuring out what your costs will be.

The Requirement to Buy Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Come 2016, the fine for non enrollment is $697 per adult, and 347.50 per child. Family of four, non enrolled thats $2089 in fines at tax time.

Their premiums, let's just say they make 35000 a year in Kentucky, since its my home state, if you don't have employer offered coverage, you can look forward to

results
The information below is about subsidized exchange coverage. Note that subsidies are only available for people purchasing coverage on their own in the exchange (not through an employer). Depending on your state's eligibility criteria, you or some members of your family may qualify for Medicaid.

Household income in 2014:149% of poverty level
Unsubsidized annual health insurance premium in 2014:$8,290 Maximum % of income you have to pay for the non-tobacco premium, if eligible for a subsidy:3.92% Amount you pay for the premium:$1,373 per year
(which equals 3.92% of your household income and covers 17% of the overall premium) You could receive a government tax credit subsidy of up to:$6,917
(which covers 83% of the overall premium)
To paying out 8,290 dollars before you get a 6,917 dollar subsidy at tax time.

So basically exactly what I said: You're going to be paying actually about 684 dollars a month for your insurance, before you get your subsidy returned to you at tax time.

Good luck!

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

And it only gets worse the more money you make.

Anyway, if you guys are interested, the Henry J Kaiser foundation has a really good tool on their website for figuring out what your costs will be.

The Requirement to Buy Coverage Under the Affordable Care Act | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Come 2016, the fine for non enrollment is $697 per adult, and 347.50 per child. Family of four, non enrolled thats $2089 in fines at tax time.

Their premiums, let's just say they make 35000 a year in Kentucky, since its my home state, if you don't have employer offered coverage, you can look forward to

To paying out 8,290 dollars before you get a 6,917 dollar subsidy at tax time.

So basically exactly what I said: You're going to be paying actually about 684 dollars a month for your insurance, before you get your subsidy returned to you at tax time.

Good luck!

Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

And it only gets worse the more money you make.
Hey retard:

The premium and subsidy amounts above are based on a Silver plan. You have the option to apply the subsidy toward the purchase of other levels of coverage, such as a Gold plan (which would be more comprehensive) or a Bronze plan (which would be less comprehensive).

For example, you could enroll in a Bronze plan for about $0 per year (which is 0% of your household income). By enrolling in a Bronze plan, you would receive $6,871 in subsidies, which would cover the entire amount of your Bronze premium. For most people, the Bronze plan represents the minimum level of coverage required under health reform.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Oh and the difference between the bronze plan and the silver if you get sick?

Well you're picking up about 34% more of the price of your health care.

You are guaranteed access to a Silver plan with an actuarial value of 94%. This means that for all enrollees in a typical population, the plan will pay for 94% of expenses in total for covered benefits, with enrollees responsible for the rest.If you choose to enroll in a Bronze plan, the actuarial value will be 60%, meaning your out-of-pocket costs when you use services will likely be higher.Regardless of which level of coverage you choose, deductibles and copayments will vary from plan to plan, and out-of-pocket costs will depend on your health care expenses. Preventive services will be covered with no cost sharing required.
And this is why you give idiots like Mikhail what they ask for, because then they scan it quickly looking for any out to their retardation, and then you pull them right back in.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So Mikhail, tell us, how can any family of four making 35,000 a year afford even the bronze plan?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yurp.

Anyway. I'm not against single payer, and I think the ACA is marginally better than what we had before, but like I said, there's no way these types of pricing structures and fines make it live without serious modification. People will be arming themselves with pitchforks and tar and feathers and marching on Washington before they do.

The very people that need health insurance coverage the most are going to be impacted the most negatively by these prices, so something will have to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.