Mindhunter

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah she provides practically no value except for the one interview scene with her and the FBI guy who ratted members of the team out yet inexplicably is still on the team.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea, i coulda been so happy w/ every scene that involved creepy kid, annoying wife, lesbo bitch and all the annoying black ppl be replaced with more ed kemper.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The annoying black people who had 28 of their kids murdered? Yea, just get over it already.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The annoying black people who had 28 of their kids murdered? Yea, just get over it already.
well they ain't do nuttin about it either.

they shoulda done all they could to get WW, outta prison cuz imo he's just a convenient patsy, the popo luckily stumble upon him.

The only "evidence" they even have is sparsely linked carpet and dog fibers, i bet if they re-opened the case and re-examined those fibers with current technology, nothing would match.

Sure, 30years ago they "coulda" matched, but now, naw, they'd fail

scientists even argue hair/fiber analysis fails in all scientific aspecs

Wayne is just a perfect crazy killer, even 30years later in interviews you come out listening and thinking "well maybe he did do it, fuck he's crazy"

• 1Picard

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I listened to that Atlanta Monster Podcast series last year. I think they got the right guy. Wayne is both charming and unstable. That, in combination with his right place/right time involvement with the kids and luring them in with promise of creating the next Jackson 5 is just all too perfect.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont understand how all this psychological shit even helped. It all came down to old school police work, boots on the ground, to watch those bridges until someone tossed one overboard. Who cares at that point wether hes white, black, brown or what age? You caught the fucker red handed, or as close to red handed as you will get. The nxt step also involved boots on the ground to watch the fucker and hopefully make case with evidence from the car.

Khane

I dont understand how all this psychological shit even helped. It all came down to old school police work, boots on the ground, to watch those bridges until someone tossed one overboard. Who cares at that point wether hes white, black, brown or what age? You caught the fucker red handed, or as close to red handed as you will get. The nxt step also involved boots on the ground to watch the fucker and hopefully make case with evidence from the car.

Yea, I think that was the point of the season. The profiling is only meant to facilitate real police work, and in this season they weren't able to do jack shit with their real work to solve anything.

The more interesting plot line was Tench's kid and the idea that his kid is showing the signs of a serial killer in waiting and him either denying it, holding it in, or just being too stressed to recognize it. The best two moments of the season were when he told each of his colleagues what had happened individually. You could see they wanted to say "let's study him, he's what we've been trying to understand this whole time and he's young enough. The perfect test subject." but just offered their sympathy instead.

• 1Like

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think it was more like the two parts weren't working together. Like, they get input from BSU and political concerns would get in the way, or they'd go off on some KKK shit. Or BSU kept noticing that basic investigation hadn't been done on multiple murders and just kept focused on their niche. The only reason they caught the guy is because at the end the BSU was embedded in the front line investigation and directing resources based on something tangible. Before that everyone was just kind of doing their own thing, even within BSU they were torn between "well we have to follow up on these leads" and "this isn't our fucking lane." A symptom of how new the concept is, and how difficult it is to integrate into establish investigative procedures, I would imagine.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The murders also stopped after they arrested him right?
it was the biggest case in Atlanta, so either they caught the right guy, or the killer is like, hmmm, lets stop.

besides it's Georgia, it seems when i'm half paying attention to high crimes/serial crimes and some kind of police fuck up is involved, it always involves the GBI

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
it was the biggest case in Atlanta, so either they caught the right guy, or the killer is like, hmmm, lets stop.

besides it's Georgia, it seems when i'm half paying attention to high crimes/serial crimes and some kind of police fuck up is involved, it always involves the GBI

Not likely. This dude was taunting police. He likely would have doubled down after a break or after they convicted Williams to fuck with them.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not likely. This dude was taunting police. He likely would have doubled down after a break or after they convicted Williams to fuck with them.
we'll see what happens in the coming months, 6 months ago the altanta child murders were re-opened again (not the conviction of WW), i'm positive those fibers don't match with todays tech.

• 1Picard

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Episode 6 :

1566324495759.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So I didnt realize until reading a review of the finale, this season spanned 1977-1981. Imo they did a terrible job of articulating that in the show. Apparently, Fincher has 5 seasons planned. It's not inconceivable to get up to BTK if they keep like kind of timeline.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
4 seasons of starting every episode with a BTK scene, then the 5th season being the payoff would be epic. Let's do this shit, I'M ALL IN.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So I didnt realize until reading a review of the finale, this season spanned 1977-1981. Imo they did a terrible job of articulating that in the show. Apparently, Fincher has 5 seasons planned. It's not inconceivable to get up to BTK if they keep like kind of timeline.
That's nuts. His fucking kid would be twice the size if it was 4 years. He'd be on to torturing cats/dogs probably by now if they were chronologically accurate.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea the river stakeouts were like half a year long, thats why they stopped, they literally had zero money left.

and yea, looking back on it, they really sucked, the kid looked the fucking same from eps 1 to eps 9, lulz.

Khane

Go watch an Australian rules football match and see if you still feel like talking shit about Australians