Minecraft

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Nutcrusher is looking at plugins to allow us to /sethome, /home, etc. Have to find that and a permissions plugin that work together smoothly for 1.8.2, or something like that. (I don't know anything about this kind of stuff).

Anyway, if you guys like the server we would appreciate any donations you are willing to throw our way. The FTB server isn't very busy these days so we have been paying for most of it for a while. You can go here and enter an amount to donate (page will open to paypal when you enter an amount and click donate).http://www.mystichorizons.com/shop
Donated $20, since I didn't see anywhere to put a note. We need that put in the first post or both your sigs or something, not going to be easy to find in a week or two.

Thanks again for the server, you guys are awesome.

Rime

<Donor>
One thing to remember - You have to have 24 Hours logged in-game before you can set up a Quarry.

If you need materials, grab a hammer (or three) and go to the Mining Age, hop into one of the open quarry holes and dig into the level you need.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
While we wait for whitelist, is there an area where Rerolled people are kind of congregating? I sort of prefer being near enough to at least see a neighbor or two, not out somewhere thousands of loc away all by myself.

Nutcrusher_sl

shitlord
Tarrant I don't know which server you're talking about wanting that on. I can't put it on the FTB server because there are already a ton of mods and things that can cause lag and the map plugins are known to cause some lag. I don't think it's really worth lagging the server when you can just make a jet pack or use morph to fly around the map.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
ya know, here i think i have a pretty beefy computer, but then FTB just won't load. Trying to make a single player game just to test it out... and i can't get it running :/
out of memory...
intel 17 3.2
12gb ram
nvidia gtx 760

cant get it running lol

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
There's an option in the launcher to allocate a certain amount of memory to minecraft. By default it is only 1gb. Should be at least 4 imo.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
There's an option in the launcher to allocate a certain amount of memory to minecraft. By default it is only 1gb. Should be at least 4 imo.
Thanks, that worked
smile.png

Camillos

Trakanon Raider
I've never tried FTB but it seems everyone here is playing it, so I'll request a whitelist on that server too if theres room. MC: dissonant22

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Tarrant I don't know which server you're talking about wanting that on. I can't put it on the FTB server because there are already a ton of mods and things that can cause lag and the map plugins are known to cause some lag. I don't think it's really worth lagging the server when you can just make a jet pack or use morph to fly around the map.
It was on McFlys server, it was a URL we could go to to see a live updated map of the server and see where everyone was. His server never lagged but you know more about it than I do I suppose.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm kinda hitting a lull already guys. I logged in just now, dinked around for a bit with where I thought I wanted to go next with my base, and then logged out again because I didn't really want to do it.

What I'm saying is, Tuco needs to join us and come up with a community project. I blame him for my malaise.
I doubt I'll ever push for an epic project again. Maybe if someone else manages it I'll help. Now the only things that are interesting are smallish builds that have some unique features. Once you do a massive, 3 month long project doing a 2+ week build just loses it's luster because you kind of realize that size is no longer impressive relative to your other project.

Besides that, most epic builds are just combinations of smaller ones. A stained glass like window here, a big dome there, some flying buttresses, some sweet columns, a door etc. No need to build one cool wall then replicate it 23 more times.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I'm honestly lost in FTB, there seems to be so much you San build, I have no idea what's gling on. I have an inventory full of stuff that I have no clue about.... This is just super confusing.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I'm honestly lost in FTB, there seems to be so much you San build, I have no idea what's gling on. I have an inventory full of stuff that I have no clue about.... This is just super confusing.
A smeltery is a good place to start, IMO:Smeltery - Feed The Beast Wiki

Other than that, I feel the same way. There are so many mods I feel overwhelmed.

I do want to do Computercraft (if you are a programmer this would be easy for you), Railcraft, and Witchery at some point.

Nutcrusher_sl

shitlord
Or you can hover your mouse over the things you have and it tells you what mod it's from. Theres a ton of stuff on the net about each mod. Try not to be overwhelmed. :p

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Ftb Server restarted and not letting anyone log in. Daliena is not home and it will be around an hour until Jeri and I get back from lunch.