Minecraft

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'm honestly lost in FTB, there seems to be so much you San build, I have no idea what's gling on. I have an inventory full of stuff that I have no clue about.... This is just super confusing.
If you are really serious about learning FTB (and willing to put in time watching) then startby watching Direwolf20's latest Lets play. He's one of the gold standards for FTB Lets Plays and he takes it fairly slow in his single player series so people can learn as he does it.

Rime

<Donor>
Server seems to be down again.

I must feed the beast! The beast being my addiction. To digging holes.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
My usual FTB start is to get smeltery up and running first, then get a few crop plots going to I have food growing, do some mining and get to at least iron level hammer for faster mining (does 3x3) then get survivalist generator going with pulveriser/macerastor and furnacer (does same ore doubling as smeltery but has chance for secondary drop). Once that's running work on getting a planter and harvester built to get farm automation happening for wheat and tree farm so food and a bit of resource pressure is removed.....after that either go botania, thaumcraft or forestry lines while continuing resource management so you can eventually get to AE2 age.

Two mods I don't think are running, that to me now are absolute must-haves for FTB packs, are Iguana Tweaks (removes the OPness of early smeltery along with making tools more fun) and logistical pipes. I find the pipes a nice middle ground as you work from BC pipes or item transfer nodes to Ender IO conduits, the gap between those two types is way to extreme unless you're on a server that has an enderman spawner set up or that has already beaten the Enddragon and have a killzone set up to farm ender pearls.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
is there (in FTB) a button you can push while over an item to see everything you can build with that specific item.
For example, if i did it to cobble stone, it would show on the right (big pick list area) furnace, steps, stone shovel, stone pick axe, etc....
this would really help me to figure out what 99% of the crap i've collected is so far and what to use it for.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
is there (in FTB) a button you can push while over an item to see everything you can build with that specific item.
For example, if i did it to cobble stone, it would show on the right (big pick list area) furnace, steps, stone shovel, stone pick axe, etc....
this would really help me to figure out what 99% of the crap i've collected is so far and what to use it for.
U while hovering over an item should bring up an overlay with click-arrows that will show you what the item can be used for (either a recipe that involves it or a machine that can process it)

Terial

Trakanon Raider
awesome, i'll try that tonight
smile.png

FTB is a weird one, i keep building things with no idea how to use them or what they are for.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Can i get added to the whitelist? Would like to check things out. MC name is also Lambourne, thanks.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Just a PSA if you didn't see it on the front page of the FTB server.

The Nether, Twilight Forest, The End, and Mining age are reset on the 1st of every month. If you have any machines or quarries in those worlds get them out of there before Sunday.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've been busy with other shit so that has contributed to my lack of play time, but everyone being literally miles and miles apart on the FTB server sort of kills my interest a lot too. Except for a few of the people I don't know near spawn, I wandered all over the damn place and even used that random teleport thing a few times, and never saw another man-made structure. I subsequently found a kind of cool place, but it is way out near the map boundary, and it is likely that unless I tell someone my specific coordinates, no one will ever see anything I build. At that point it is almost like I am playing single player, except without the convenience/stability/lack of lag that single player gives you. Anyone else experiencing similar thoughts?

I do want to say it is a great server, and I was happy to contribute to it, but I miss my bros!

Nutcrusher_sl

shitlord
Vvoid one thing yall could do is make a certain location and make a bunch of linking books to all yalls homes and make portals at that location to everyone's home.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I've been busy with other shit so that has contributed to my lack of play time, but everyone being literally miles and miles apart on the FTB server sort of kills my interest a lot too. Except for a few of the people I don't know near spawn, I wandered all over the damn place and even used that random teleport thing a few times, and never saw another man-made structure. I subsequently found a kind of cool place, but it is way out near the map boundary, and it is likely that unless I tell someone my specific coordinates, no one will ever see anything I build. At that point it is almost like I am playing single player, except without the convenience/stability/lack of lag that single player gives you. Anyone else experiencing similar thoughts?

I do want to say it is a great server, and I was happy to contribute to it, but I miss my bros!
I haven't had a lot of time to build anything. I'm willing to move near some other rerolled peeps and build a house close by.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
wait what is ftb? Is it that faggoty stuff with all the crafting? Is the MC server back? someone help i dont want to read too much.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
FTB is Feed The Beast - a compilation of mods that has it's own launcher so you don't have to fool around with much. Just select which pack to use (this server uses one of the most popular, Direwolf20) and login. It adds thousands of new items and blocks, and multiple means of machinery and magic through multiple mods.

Urlithani and his wife Nutcrusher (jerimay) have run an FTB server and small community for awhile now call Mystic Horizons. They have generously whitelisted any who ask to play on that server, as well as created a vanilla server to play on as it is considerably less resource intensive. The vanilla server is essentially RR only while the FTB server has an established community. Both require whitelisting. I think most of us that started on the vanilla serer migrated to the ftb server however.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I've been playing just the Magic mod from FTB to learn, less blocks and less confusing (though still confusing lol)
Regardless I was trying to set up waypoints but I don't seem to be able to find them. I could have sworn they were in. I've tried to manually add the journeyman mod but the newest one is not compatible.
Anyway, does anyone know if a waypoint mod to add?

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
I'd love access to the "normal" server, with my kids. They're well behaved, but not very talkative. They won't break other people's stuff.
Our names:
Daeish
gimle2005
MajaSofia