Minecraft

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Hi guys, just a quick update on the server. Last night someone from China tried to hack into the server. The provider put the box into recovery mode, and Jeri has to reinstall just about everything and start over on setting up the box from scratch. I think the data files for the world will be saved, but there's no ETA on how long it will take to get things back up and running. I'll post an update later but I think it's going to be 2-3 days.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
If I'm reading this correctly this is just them porting the mobile version of Minecraft over to Windows 10 for some weird ass reason. A less developed , less supported version of a game everyone already owns.

This is how Microsoft is trying to get their 2 billion back from their investment?
Just a guess but they probably wanted to have this for Windows 10 launch and realized a full conversion is quicker with the more recently modified mobile version then the original. It's clear they want this as a launch title like Solitaire in past versions of Windows.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
And also R.I.P. mods probably, what kept the game alive the last years. And even if they have a plugin/API I doubt some of the old ones will be rewritten.
I assure you it's age 10 and under as their key demographic... And they don't give a shit about mods

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Pretty much. have you seen how much minecraft branded toys and crap flood retail stores? And it sells like crazy. Minecraft birthday parties are a thing.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
All the neighbors kids have a copy on a tablet, phone, and/or Xbox.

The parents must think I'm a retarded man-child
frown.png

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
I assure you it's age 10 and under as their key demographic... And they don't give a shit about mods
have you seen how much minecraft branded toys and crap flood retail stores? And it sells like crazy. Minecraft birthday parties are a thing.
Having a son that is 10, I can attest that both of these statements are both true. He'll spend the entire day with a friend playing Minecraft on the Xbox that has no mods, and every boy birthday we've gone to has been either Minecraft themed, or minecraft gifts. He'll also sit for hours watching Youtube of people playing Minecraft mods. We even bought him a class online that would teach him how to create his own mod. I know he had a minecraft something on his tablet before he lost his charger... Kids are obsessed with this game.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hololens runs Win10...that's the simple answer as to why they created a Win10 version no? They can beta test most of the functionality in standard old 2D viewing mode.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I mean... it's digital legos. That other people can see/play with/whatever while you are running around building stuff, and it's persistent for the most part. If I was 10, I would have blown my first load playing this game probably. As an adult I enjoy dicking around with it every now and again, but when you're that young you have some pretty gnarly "I want to build a dinosaur-robot-house!" type shit going through your brain.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
My three nieces and nephews all under 10 have been hooked since this game existed and they were able to remotely function. They watch endless hours of The Diamond Minecart and other modding celebrities when they're not playing.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I wouldn't mind being Whitelisted for the FTB server if ya don't mind

Playtime is limited these day's but would be fun too bullshit with Kais/Rime(that damn tree of yours)

Brand

Molten Core Raider
My son is starting to minecraft a ton...I wanted to build a minecraft server that he and his friends can play together on (And that I can passively spy/control the access). They are using a mixture of iPads, Macs, and PCs. Is there a compatible version that I can host/run that they could all connect and play on? Any tips, links, etc..

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
My son is starting to minecraft a ton...I wanted to build a minecraft server that he and his friends can play together on (And that I can passively spy/control the access). They are using a mixture of iPads, Macs, and PCs. Is there a compatible version that I can host/run that they could all connect and play on? Any tips, links, etc..
Can you connect to a server on an ipad version? Mac and PC sure, that is a normal client but as far as I am aware, the pocket edition can only use realms.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Doesn't work the Realm's servers run a special edition of the Minecraft server code. Mobile Minecraft is several versions behind the PC version.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Mystichorizons still up and running? Read the FTB infinity server carried the whitelist from DW20 over but can't seem to join-up.

Also curious about how the pack compares to DW20, if anyone played it at all.