Minecraft

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Mystichorizons still up and running? Read the FTB infinity server carried the whitelist from DW20 over but can't seem to join-up.

Also curious about how the pack compares to DW20, if anyone played it at all.
The DireWolf20 whitelist is the same as Infinity, but I just had my wife add you just in case (game name Azziane, right?)

FTB Infinity server address is: 158.69.117.199
FTB Infinity Evolved version 2.3.5 is the current version.

Couldn't tell you how it compares packwise though. I haven't really played it.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I just might go insane if I have to watch anymore Stampy with my son.
lol don't know who Stampy is but I really enjoy Minecraft YouTube Let's Plays, and damn are there some annoying people! Before I found the video blocker app for Chrome I got rustled all the time because I would click on interesting looking videos without first seeing who posted it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been playing PS3 version with 4yo; feels good man. We did the first floor of Vindicator Mansion. It was like we were raiding. Kind of awesome really.

Rime

<Donor>
Sev Tech Ages is an INSANE modpack. Probably the most mods I have ever had running at a single time. Take 5+ minutes for the game to load.

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Sev Tech Ages is an INSANE modpack. Probably the most mods I have ever had running at a single time. Take 5+ minutes for the game to load.

It felt so tedious in the beginning that I couldn't make it past the first age. Banging a table with a rock to make stuff? Eh.

Still looks like a good pack, but there's so many options that I couldn't get into it compared to alternatives.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
So my 4yo is loving raiding with Dad everyday.
I'm not sure if it's just PS3 or we're on a really good seed, but here's our layout: spawn point is a horse valley; to the north is a really cool mountain with a circle hole through it, natural bridge, and llamas; NW is a village - two zombie villagers and a pack of wolves (cool RP moments); S is our base, cut into a snow-topped mountain; SE is a Woodland Mansion - while exploring that we saw through the windows a desert temple; far SE is a desert temple; E of that is a village - two buildings cut in half and tons of villagers. we made it a priority to fence it in to protect against zombies, but we haven't given names to locals yet.

Two villages, woodland mansion, and desert temple all within a brisk walk of ZI

4yo has been obsessed with Temple since we found it - but I prioritized the fencing, once I didn't and zombies ate them on the first night, never again.
I knew it was trapped so I researched, turns out the trigger is in the same spot each time, so I dig a stairway. sitting my pups and insisting 4yo dig elsewhere.

I mined all the way to the bottom and the last block harvested somehow didn't come to me but instead lobbed right onto the dang the pressure plate. ... all 4 chests gone. me and my leet gear. gone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
So my 4yo is loving raiding with Dad everyday.
I'm not sure if it's just PS3 or we're on a really good seed, but here's our layout: spawn point is a horse valley; to the north is a really cool mountain with a circle hole through it, natural bridge, and llamas; NW is a village - two zombie villagers and a pack of wolves (cool RP moments); S is our base, cut into a snow-topped mountain; SE is a Woodland Mansion - while exploring that we saw through the windows a desert temple; far SE is a desert temple; E of that is a village - two buildings cut in half and tons of villagers. we made it a priority to fence it in to protect against zombies, but we haven't given names to locals yet.

Two villages, woodland mansion, and desert temple all within a brisk walk of ZI

4yo has been obsessed with Temple since we found it - but I prioritized the fencing, once I didn't and zombies ate them on the first night, never again.
I knew it was trapped so I researched, turns out the trigger is in the same spot each time, so I dig a stairway. sitting my pups and insisting 4yo dig elsewhere.

I mined all the way to the bottom and the last block harvested somehow didn't come to me but instead lobbed right onto the dang the pressure plate. ... all 4 chests gone. me and my leet gear. gone.

I have 2 boys that are 13 months apart. They are 2 and 3. It sounds like you are having a blast and I can't wait until they are old enough to play Minecraft with.

• 1Solidarity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have 2 boys that are 13 months apart. They are 2 and 3. It sounds like you are having a blast and I can't wait until they are old enough to play Minecraft with.
It's a proud feeling having your child go from being a novelty to hindrance to teammate, experiencing their real skill gains. He's not a terrible shot with the bow either - if only arrows weren't so damn rare.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I am constantly on the lookout for THE modpack that will finally make me forget to sleep. I haven't found it yet.

I typically can't stand mods that drastically change recipes just to slow you down at the beginning, but I also realize that if they don't do that you just go mine up a bunch of shit with an iron pickaxe and immediately start making ore-doubling machines and sorting systems, etc. So in that respect, SevTech Ages is probably my favorite of these types. It slows you down at the beginning and makes you use those shitty chests and such, but not too long down the line you get access to regular chests and most of the goodies you're used to. I honestly can't stand All The Mods and Skyblocks because of how it makes you use that retarded fucking system of the heater and casing and blah blah. As far as I can see, you never get to a point where that system isn't used, but SevTech you do get to more familiar crafting eventually.

I don't know how many of you regularly watch Minecraft videos, but I am really liking the guy that I mentioned earlier in this thread, ToAsgaard (not shilling). To Asgaard

I've found that Direwolf20, while still decent for the most part, is actually sort of retarded a lot of the time. If Soaryn is on the server with him, I almost can't fucking watch because he never ever shuts the fuck up, and his Kermit the Frog voice triggers the fuck out of me. Pahimar is pretty funny because he gets annoyed with Dire, and I don't blame him because Direwolf20 is one of the worst team players ever. All he cares about is what he's doing, what he's saying, what he's focused on. He literally cuts other people off that are saying something interesting just to talk about what he's doing. And doesn't listen when he isn't talking. And doesn't read quest text that would have told him exactly what he needs to do. And doesn't know a lot of the mods as well as he thinks he does, and rarely actually researches or tests things before the episode, and ends up looking retarded compared to people that know their shit. And his idea of fancy is building with sandstone instead of cobblestone.

Anyway, I have almost completely dropped everyone I've tried to watch, DW20, Hypnotized, ChosenArchitect, countless others I can't remember the name of. ToAsgaard is the only one I still watch, because not only does he know what the fuck he's doing most of the time, but he also spends a fuckton more time off-camera making shit look good than anyone else I've found. I get tired of seeing shitty 9x9s. This guy actually builds shit that I would love to have the creativity for. He's definitely slightly autistic, and has a prominent southern twang, and can be weird about certain things (opening and closing doors), but in the end you know that not only is his shit likely to work the way it is supposed to, but it will look fucking awesome too. I rarely have the time (or ambition) to play Minecraft the way I want to nowadays, so watching his videos is kind of a good substitute because I know I'd never in a million years be able to come up with some of the designs he does, nor would I have the patience to grind out thousands of blocks that will only be used to make something look pretty. My shit ends up looking way more like DW20s ugly 9x9s than this guy's. Maybe if I were retired and not that rich I could develop the same skills he has, but until then I just watch and enjoy.

• 1Like

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Minecraft is one of those games i sometimes get lost in and 4 hours later i realize its actually 16 hours later.

• 2Like

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I bought two additional MC accounts on the weekend and played with my kiddos using the LAN connect. Really reeeeally fun, but the direct connect is kind of a pita.

All I want is a plain ole vanilla server. Doubt I'll have more than just the three of us, but maybe some of their friends will want to join. Survival or nuthin!

Are the official MC Realms worth the sub? Are there better options that don't involve me having to build my own server?

Rime

<Donor>
MC Realms are very limited mod-wise (most of the big packs do not work on them, so far as I am aware). But if you want the vanilla experience, it is the way to go.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Got a Minecraft Realms server for the family. I told them survival or nuthin'

My daughter was hesitant at first, since she only ever plays creative, but I think I made a believer out of her. It makes the game more fun when you can die and have to run to aid your old man who's getting shot up with arrows.

• 1Solidarity

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
4yo adventures continue. Starting in a horse valley, they've been mocking us for awhile now as we quest for a saddle.

Finally get one and the white stallion decked in armor is finally rideable, but he can't fit through a single fence gate. I jump off and start digging at the fence, my last stroke double taps, breaks the gate and then pokes the horse. My wolf army swarms in. My 4yo is freaking out running his character all around the fence getting in the way as I'm frantically trying to sit my dogs. He's grabbing on my arms in RL demanding I do something. all in all, horse died and I managed to sit a whopping one dog.
We quest for more horses. They were everywhere (llamas too) and then nothing.
Spent a long time searching. He veered off to home base and I got hopelessly lost.. carrying the saddle. I couldn't die by gollie. but I made it back.

wandering the desert of all places was a single brown horse and damn riding them are fun. I can friggin jump onto the roof of my house.
4yo wanted to build a nether portal and we have been fuckall on diamonds so I rode horse back and forth to a lava pool, filling 7 buckets at a time. Unlike water, lava doesn't go infinite (at least in PS3)
Also in PS3, you can't build small portals.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
4yo gets a little cowardly, which is annoying - but coachable moments when I keepmy own cool lol.
On his corpse run, I got hijacked by two skellies and a creeper. Wolves were sat. I had minimal torches and food; amature hour here..
While fighting, I assumed he ran for his loot. NOPE! I'm excitedly telling him the battle is over and come back as I finish the last with two hearts remaining.
I looked at his screen, mf was still running. Was to our house by then. ...
Wife said it was time for us to take break. Lol

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm enjoying the chill that is village grinding. The economy is dope. There are farms, that they replant unlimitedly - crops from the farms may be sold for emeralds which buy things. Basically every villager that I've seen has a product overlap. It's not difficult, but I appreciate that because of the age range accessibility. It's also not super trivial.
I look forward to growing the village and attracting more peeps.
Does murdering the green robe freeloaders increase spawning?