Minecraft

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Playing solo Infinity and got my first mob farmer running last night. Using a reusable safari net with an Enderminy in the auto-spawner, a blaze spawner snagged from the Nether to provide essence for the auto-spawner and a grinder to do the dirty work....outside is a drum to grab excess essence to power auto-anvil and auto-enchanter and a few hardended caches to store ender pearls, ender shards and blaze rods. I also have a cow ball to swap with the enderminy for when I need leather and meat.

rrr_img_93517.jpg

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Just a reminder that the first of every month the nether, twilight, mining age, and end are reset. If you have any machines in these worlds be sure to remove them before Wednesday morning.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Server was updated to version 1.3.1, and the map was reset late last night. If you want to experience that new map smell, now is the time.

Jeri and I are going to be out but Daliena is running things on the server. You can still reach us with PM's.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So I finally got this game and checked it out, after falling in love with Terraria and Starbound and such. I had always thought MC was a lot more rudimentary than it was. So, I'm hooked, and I could use some help figuring out mods, and such, because holy hell, if ever there was a game that was super hard to understand how to mod, it's this one.

I'm running 1.8.7, have downloaded Forge, and have successfully installed InventoryTweaks. But I've discovered this OptiFine mod, and I can't get it to work. Also, I've rented a dedicated server through Minespan so my gf and I can play together on it, and I guess installing certain content-related mods works differently for servers like that.

Halp? What mods are good to get, and how do I get content type stuff like Mo' Creatures and such installed on my hosted server? And if someone knows how to get OptiFine working, thumbs up to that.

-edit- Should I just be running my own multiplayer server off my PC for us to play on? I can't tell.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
We have the ftb server my wife runs athttp://www.mystichorizons.Com. it's direwolf20 modpack, which is about 140 mods.

However, the modding world for minecraft is huuuge. If you wanted to make a custom server I'm sure a lot of us would be interested since there's so many ways you can go with a modded server.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Well, I'd have to know how to do this stuff first. Did I dun goofed by snagging a server from Minespan? I just chose something that looked cheap for my gf and I to play on. Do people normally do that to run modded servers, or do they run them off their own machines? I'm having a tough time figuring out how Minespan's "bukkit plugin" stuff works, and whether or not those are actual mods, or what.

This shit makes me feel like a complete PC noob, which I am not whatsoever. So I officially declare Minecraft the most obtuse game/mod platform I've ever experienced, by far.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Bukkit and Forge are not compatable. Bukkit is also no longer in development so it may (or may not) be a few versions behind Minecraft now. The easiest way to get yourself up and running is download either FTB or the AT Launcher. Choose a pack of mods from their selection. They also have bundled server software for each of their packs so download the corresponding server and run it from your machine.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Ok, so I should ditch the Minespan hosted server if I want anything other than vanilla?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
There are a few hosting services out there that offer Forge servers, CreeperHost and NodeCraft being the two I know of. If your plan is only a server for a couple of people then running your own should be fine. One warning is that Forge servers can eat A LOT of RAM once you start piling on the mods.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I have 16GB, should that be enough for me to run the server and play on it on the same PC without problem? (i5-4670k).

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Azz, are you guys playing on the vanilla? (never played anything other than that.. ) Also, if there are enough slots, can ApostlePM be white listed in case I do decide to mess around some after the weekend?