538C6FB2-48EB-403B-9712-79A4F9E40B3A.jpeg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Kudos to your paint job. Shit's making me mad uncomfortable

Thanks and sorry!

Another one, some headless dude on a corrupted horse. Haven’t played the game yet so don’t really know what’s up with them.

93317539-C1EA-4107-B1D1-87CFDB44EC92.jpeg
D4389948-D0BC-4ADE-9C4B-5EE50FF69E9A.jpeg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a question for you guys. I just aquired an absolute shit ton of space marines, terminators, ect but they are in desperate need of some work to get ready for resale. Any of you know a good way to get super glue off a gw miniature without destroying it?

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I have a question for you guys. I just aquired an absolute shit ton of space marines, terminators, ect but they are in desperate need of some work to get ready for resale. Any of you know a good way to get super glue off a gw miniature without destroying it?

Plastic? Or metal? If metal break fluid does the trick I am pretty sure, you might try standard super glue debonder too, though I don't know if there is a certain point in time where that no longer works. As for plastic... I don't really know break fluid might work for that as well but you would need to keep a close eye on them as it would probably melt the plastic. This would also take all paint off them minis too

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Try putting them in the freezer for a couple hours and then using an exacto to pry the glue off.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have any experience stripping minis? I have some Heroquest miniatures I painted when I was like 11, and they were god awful. I had no primer. Used some Testors model paint. I used Mean Green and a toothbrush and got most of it, but there are a few spots it was glopped on too thick and killed some detail that isn’t really coming off. It’s been on there for almost 30 years.

Anyways I’ve seen a few other things on YouTube I could try, just wondering if anyone has a recommendation before I end up buying five different things.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Soaking in Pine Sol has done slightly better for me than any of the Simple Green knock offs I have tried. Not sure it will do 30 years though.

• 1Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have any experience stripping minis? I have some Heroquest miniatures I painted when I was like 11, and they were god awful. I had no primer. Used some Testors model paint. I used Mean Green and a toothbrush and got most of it, but there are a few spots it was glopped on too thick and killed some detail that isn’t really coming off. It’s been on there for almost 30 years.

Anyways I’ve seen a few other things on YouTube I could try, just wondering if anyone has a recommendation before I end up buying five different things.
I'd try simple green or whatever you have similar and let it soak for a few days then hit it with one of those black nylon brushes from the automotive section at whatever store you have. Also, if it's old testors enamel paint you may want to go talk to the greybeards at your local hobby/model plane store and see what they say about removing that stuff. I'm going to guess if the simple green doesn't work that it's going to need some enamel thinner like Tamiya or whatever the current thing is.

I'm about to do the same thing to the previous mentioned Marines, they're old models too and I'm hoping that they weren't painted with anything weird.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks for the suggestions for the super glue Fyff Fyff Gankak Gankak . I had been reading the same thing and appreciate the cross check for the info.

I'll post a pic later of the lot.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Some things to help remove paint. A sonic jewelry cleaner. Mind you because of friction. It will slowly heat the fluid in it. So it's not a leave it for 10hrs thing.

As for solution. A guy at work uses this stuff with above average results.

Superclean 101723 1gal. Super Clean Degreaser

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
IMG_20200109_095952.jpg

Not pictured, because I really didn't want to pull it all out and set it up.

A bunch of metal imperial guard
7 guard heavy weapons
21 Bretonnia Calvary
10 Dwarven Rifle Calvary
50+ Bretonnia Infantry
Random skinks in pieces
10 Horses without riders
1 Tau xv8 suit
And one dragon of some kind that's missing a wing.

Was about 50 USD. I just wanted the fantasy stuff, figure I can clean up, fix and sell the space marines.

• 1Solidarity

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only things there of any value are the special weapon guys, bikes and the Chaplain. Tac Marines and dreads have been in enough big boxes that you can get them super cheap on bartertown or eBay.

• 2Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only things there of any value are the special weapon guys, bikes and the Chaplain. Tac Marines and dreads have been in enough big boxes that you can get them super cheap on bartertown or eBay.
Oddly enough, I just sold the dreads this morning. Hopefully the rest will go as quickly.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nice man, got some luck. Good luck in the rest. The used game market is always crazy.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How do you guys sell yours? Just ask around at the game shop?

I randomly sold my full (core plus first 4 seasons) Netrunner game last week to a guy who happened to live near me. Saw him post on Instagram he just started so I DMed him I’d let it all go for $150, which I felt was a little low but didn’t really care. He thought it was too low too and gave me $200. Probably cost me $400-500 overall but I don’t think I was ever realistically going to have time to play it again. Just wanted to stop storing it I guess.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
We use an app called carousel to sell anything from dirt to Bugatti's, I think there's a similar one in the US called letgo.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck, going to ship my copy to you so you can paint it! I wouldnt even know where to begin :(

Have you painted before? These were pretty simple and I’d recommend this method to beginners.

Prime with a tan color, wash with nuln oil, drybrush where needed with a similar tan color. That’s it, unless you want to add small glow spots, then just paint it on with a small brush. Seal with testors dull.

Here is step one and two, prime and wash. This is very simple and you could stop here (and seal it) and it would look good on the table.

77D557E4-7318-44F4-8CD8-1FA66453B718.jpeg

Last edited:

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you guys sell yours? Just ask around at the game shop?

I randomly sold my full (core plus first 4 seasons) Netrunner game last week to a guy who happened to live near me. Saw him post on Instagram he just started so I DMed him I’d let it all go for $150, which I felt was a little low but didn’t really care. He thought it was too low too and gave me $200. Probably cost me $400-500 overall but I don’t think I was ever realistically going to have time to play it again. Just wanted to stop storing it I guess.
Bartertown has never let me down.

• 1Like