Miniature Painting

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gankak Gankak That's cool. That would definitely add some dynamic interest to the hull.

Hateyou Hateyou You're right, just have to give it a try! It does look awesome.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This kit is crazy detailed. A thousand small details like hooks and pins and everything else to glue, half of the stuff I break loose when handling it. :p

The turret isn't even halfway done in this picture.

I've made a few mistakes when assembling it. Its not quite as good a fit as tamiyas stuff which falls into place effortlessly. More bending and forcing with this one.

20201203_210621.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Finished up 3 defilers. Did a lot of subtle conversions and adjustments on them. Fully magnetized weapons and on the bases too, So they look less silly.

FC173641-7FDC-452C-A269-23B6C02CFF61.jpeg

• 10Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Aazrael

Finished the Merkava Mark 3d today. Well, one more clear coat to go but it won't do any difference. Not sure if I will weather it, I kinda like it just preshaded and clean. Might do it later if I feel the need.
20201206_130718.jpg20201206_130757.jpg20201206_130729.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Finished up 3 defilers. Did a lot of subtle conversions and adjustments on them. Fully magnetized weapons and on the bases too, So they look less silly.

View attachment 321589
I only have one, and I bought it back when they first came out and you could still indirect fire with them.

It was kind of a waste of points, and since then they've always seemed overcosted to me. Huge target and they just get focused down so fucking fast.

If I ever manage to get back into 40K, I'd really like to kitbash some of these. This is one of those models that looks 100 times better when kitbashed (and kitbashed well...not just gluing random bits onto it)

1607268405862.png

1607268486678.png

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I am starting work on my Death Guard tomorrow. Will post pictures for lulz compared to that :D

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
WTF that is weird, yesterday I randomly started painting a Death Guard i had sitting on my table for months. I like to have something to switch things up.
20201208_235746.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Finished up a rhino, now no more updates in a while as I disappear into Cyberpunk
8F9825CF-14B2-46E9-8AA5-8115D51368E3.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not too much painting today. A bit more progress on the Death Guard, and lined up some recent work to get a few pictures.

WIP DG.jpg

Stormcast Group Shot.jpg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Aazrael

Apache ah64 from Italieri. Worst build yet. Really bad instructions and the fit when building was not good at all. Got kinda pissed by that so I powered through and built it during the weekend. It was a rush job but ended up pretty nice, got lots of mistakes and shortcuts.

Getting another Israeli tank by Meng that's been newly released and got great details. It should be coming this week and I wanted to spend my time building that instead.
20201213_201007.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
A lot of older kits have fit problems. And even 'newer' ones are just reboxings of older kits using those same tired old molds. This is true of all manufacturers, and most of them buy molds from each other so you can potentially buy a tamiya kit that is being manufactured with a mold from Italeri or Revell etc.

• 1Solidarity

Aazrael

A lot of older kits have fit problems. And even 'newer' ones are just reboxings of older kits using those same tired old molds. This is true of all manufacturers, and most of them buy molds from each other so you can potentially buy a tamiya kit that is being manufactured with a mold from Italeri or Revell etc.
Yep for sure, thought it was a new kit due to the box art but that was false. I learned scalemates.com is what you need. There you can follow all the kits and what they've done and where they are from.

• 1Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The question is, was this 9 year old me, or current day me. Gotta pimp that bright yellow bolter. Priming my Deathguard in the winter was probably a bad choice. Upside, they're deathguard, so I can slap some nurgle's rot on the spots where the paint didn't turn out quite right.

9yo space marine.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

This will take a while..... 2 parts for each track link. 95 links each side.

This kit was a bit more expensive but the quality is top of the line with workable suspension and tracks and lots of details.

20201215_153030.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I tried to find an old modeling post I saw on Instagram where a guy gave a weighted look to a model with rubber tires. He basically ran a wire through the bottom of each tire, ran the wire through the base then tightened so it pulled down and made the tires bulge at the bottom. Have seen similar stuff for other models that have working shocks that basically make the model ride high, Like your tank probably will.

While looking for that I did come cross an old airplane one o saved. You model guys might be interested in trying this technique some time, looks pretty cool. Covered it in foil then sanded it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users