Miniature Painting

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Go big or go home when it comes to the WW2 models.

311SO02_Dora-Railway-Gun_01.jpg

The cold has really settled in here so I guess it's time to pump out a few models to get through the winter. Picked up Kurdoss and a Black Coach as my big boys, and some of the army of the dead for the LotR game to add some variety to my chainrasp. Pics to come.

• 2Weird Boner
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nice looking wet palette on Kickstarter. The paint station lid is pretty cool, would be useful to keep my desk clean.

I originally used a wet palette I made with Tupperware and I didn’t like it much. The paper would curl, paint would move, high sidewalls so I couldn’t load my brush well. Got a Red Grass palette on a whim one day and love it. Having a nice palette makes a big difference and I ended up using it a lot. This one looks nice too and has the added paint station lid the Red Grass doesn’t.

Edit: forgot link it wtf.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anyone built "Gunpla"? Been stumbling over videos about them every now and then but never took the time to watch. Started watching a newbie guide now and it looks kinda fun. Painting not necessary but can be done to make them better. Seems like something one need to get into a bit before getting one as there are different grades/scales etc. No stores seems to carry any stock over here right now either.

Edit: Jesus fck building these can get expensive.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone built "Gunpla"? Been stumbling over videos about them every now and then but never took the time to watch. Started watching a newbie guide now and it looks kinda fun. Painting not necessary but can be done to make them better. Seems like something one need to get into a bit before getting one as there are different grades/scales etc. No stores seems to carry any stock over here right now either.
I have a friend that builds them with his son. They have some pretty cool models. The high end ones are badass.

• 1Like

Aazrael

I have a friend that builds them with his son. They have some pretty cool models. The high end ones are badass.
I know myself and when they say "start with the 1/144 and do the more expensive 1/100 master grades later" I just have to do the more advanced one first or I'd be disapointed. :p

Started with cheaper models on the tanks and planes and they sucked compared to the ones I get now.

Ordered a Mastergrade that I could find in stock to try it out, maybe it's not for me but they look cool. Will do this one after the Merkava tank.

strike43.jpg

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I know myself and when they say "start with the 1/144 and do the more expensive 1/100 master grades later" I just have to do the more advanced one first or I'd be disapointed. :p

Started with cheaper models on the tanks and planes and they sucked compared to the ones I get now.

Ordered a Mastergrade that I could find in stock to try it out, maybe it's not for me but they look cool. Will do this one after the Merkava tank.

View attachment 323927

I haven't built one of these before but like all other models be careful where you put your glue, make sure you clean your parts of burrs and mold lines and go slow and follow the directions carefully... you should be okay

Aazrael

I haven't built one of these before but like all other models be careful where you put your glue, make sure you clean your parts of burrs and mold lines and go slow and follow the directions carefully... you should be okay
Supposedly they just click together with no glue at all. I think the hardcores in this hobby repaint and weather them to make them look awesome.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I haven't built any Gundam ones before, just the Zoids ones from Kotobukiya and the old Tomy ones. The Kotobukiya highend master model line I believe sits around grade 3 on the difficulty scale. No paint, no glue, etc. I love building 'em, though. This was my collection at one point, though they're all now in baskets in my parents' house and I have no idea what to do with them all now. I need a house so I can have room for all this shit. Got a couple more of the HMM line to build other than the three I finished below. Currently very slowly working on my Berserk Fuhrer.

Stuff looks pretty nice just on it's own with no repaints (although even a gundam pen for some line work goes a long way for detail), the repaint and weathering definitely looks awesome on these. Also seen people do some crazy kit bashing with them as well, and I imagine they probably do them with the Gundams, too. Little too advanced for me, though.

Zoid1.jpgZoid2.jpg7BB6900B-555C-4686-BBE4-7D389425FC04.jpegbfuhrer.jpg

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't built any Gundam ones before, just the Zoids ones from Kotobukiya and the old Tomy ones. The Kotobukiya highend master model line I believe sits around grade 3 on the difficulty scale. No paint, no glue, etc. I love building 'em, though. This was my collection at one point, though they're all now in baskets in my parents' house and I have no idea what to do with them all now. I need a house so I can have room for all this shit. Got a couple more of the HMM line to build other than the three I finished below. Currently very slowly working on my Berserk Fuhrer.

Stuff looks pretty nice just on it's own with no repaints (although even a gundam pen for some line work goes a long way for detail), the repaint and weathering definitely looks awesome on these. Also seen people do some crazy kit bashing with them as well, and I imagine they probably do them with the Gundams, too. Little too advanced for me, though.

View attachment 323929View attachment 323930View attachment 323931View attachment 323933
I’m that way with miniatures and transformers. Hundreds of them all over my hobby room lol

Aazrael

Got stuck on the air hose yesterday and the airbrush slammed to the floor and fucked up the 0.4mm needle and noozle. Luckily I got a dual kit so I have a 0.2mm kit to replace it.

Briefly sprayed some with I yesterday and the tamiya paint diluted 60/40 seemed to spray fine. Anyone else paint larger areas with 0.2mm?

If it works fine I won't need to replace the thing as it is like $30-40.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah you can still spray with the .2 for sure. It widens out enough to get some good coverage.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Yeah you can still spray with the .2 for sure. It widens out enough to get some good coverage.
As long as I do tamiya paints I have no trouble it seems airbrushing even with 0.2mm. I top them up with isopropanol when I get them and that consistency is really smooth to airbrush.

However Vallejo Air and Ammo are much harder to get a good coat. They also dry much slower which sucks. Think I'll stick with Tamiya for now and just buy the other brands to have something to color match when I mix paint myself.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unbelievable stuff in there, you really should go work for the company, I can't imagine the people they have doing their own painting can make things look that good. I don't play the game but if you ever want to sell me one of those guys I'd buy one just to put it up for display as a work of art.

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Unbelievable stuff in there, you really should go work for the company, I can't imagine the people they have doing their own painting can make things look that good. I don't play the game but if you ever want to sell me one of those guys I'd buy one just to put it up for display as a work of art.
I agree.

Shutupandtakemymoney.jpeg