Miniature Painting

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Bertoxx is pretty slim. Maybe some of the Plague demons molded together would be close.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Chaos-Daemons-Plaguebearers-of-Nurgle-2018

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Poxbringer-Herald-Of-Nurgle-2018

1628990977535.png
1628991001495.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Probably the long way around but, can probably get the 3d model out of an eq install and convert it to a stl and have it printed. Probably not as easy as it sounds though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Probably the long way around but, can probably get the 3d model out of an eq install and convert it to a stl and have it printed. Probably not as easy as it sounds though.
There was someone on Reddit doing that a few years ago. I think it had the software for it, instructions, etc.

There is a bunch of EQ stuff on thingiverse but no Bertox. I’m guessing because he would fucking suck to print.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
Haha thanks guys yeah it's definitely a tough one. Plague Demons definitely give me a bert vibe and that's a badass bestiarum mini! I could definitely use that bottom half. I'm definitely no pro with green stuff but it would be fun to mess with.

I was thinking that too about the eq install thing but that's way above my skillset. Maybe that'll be a summer project when I can devote more time to figuring it out :)

• 1Solidarity

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Been watching the progress of Krisamisu from the Zoids discord on a fantastic custom model/diorama of the Liger Zero Panzer and figured I'd share it. There's some pretty damn talented painters/kit-bashers there, so it's been very nice for some inspiration. Another member, mingo, is also working on a Panzer, but with a totally unique color scheme and custom weapons. It looks perfect for a construction zone. The detail and weathering on both of these is just mind-blowing to me.

panzer.jpg caterpanzer.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Been watching the progress of Krisamisu from the Zoids discord on a fantastic custom model/diorama of the Liger Zero Panzer and figured I'd share it. There's some pretty damn talented painters/kit-bashers there, so it's been very nice for some inspiration. Another member, mingo, is also working on a Panzer, but with a totally unique color scheme and custom weapons. It looks perfect for a construction zone. The detail and weathering on both of these is just mind-blowing to me.

View attachment 368302 View attachment 368303
I love models that do the launching shit with smoke / fire.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Home from vacation and putting some more time into this guy. I'm still playing with the exact colors but I am liking the results so far! I'm thinking Silver Gold Purple are for sure my main. But then the straps, handles, base etc etc ... we'll see. The purple is too flat right now but I'm not exactly sure what I'll do to address that yet lol.

SC Silver Gold Purple WIP 1.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still leaning Silver but we'll see. I also might change the white trim to black and see what that does.
I think if I can get an army up to this level I'd be very happy with this box.
20210824_214606.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just started building my most wanted kit during the weekend and finished today, so 5 solid days of sanding and filing nubs and snapping it up. It's a $130 kit or something close to that... My poor wallet.

It was the last one to build but now I have like 10 kits to paint as I've been slacking all summer.

MG Psycho Zaku with huge ass booster backpack.

Still not sure if I just do similar colors or try something custom.

20210825_201738.jpg
20210825_201728.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anyone have some recommendations for guides on intermediate basing?

All of my guys are either my ancient flock-and-green rims, or built-and-painted-on-the-base, then added some kind of texture goop relevant to the army. Super basic stuff.

I kind of want to start a new project with a new (small) army with some kind of unified basing theme that's more aspirational/cohesive than "I smeared martian earth paste on the admech bases and stirland mud on the deathguard." I don't really feel like any of my existing models are... in the world? I guess, is how I'd describe it.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Another today. I'm going pretty quick with these hoping to keep rolling.
There are under 20 in the box, not sure I'll do all of them but at least 5 and then see where I stand.

SC4 1.jpg
SC4 2.jpg

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Here's the WIP of the Gunpla painting. Finished torso and left arm, right arm is painted and getting decaled and the legs are still untouched. Mixed my own colors with Gpaint and using tamiya flat varnish.

20210830_155008.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Quick update, 6 done. I'm planning to do 4 more to get a squad of 10, then switch over to the new Kill Team box. Excited for both.

SC Six.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users