Miniature Painting

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Christ that is horrifying.

Spent yesterday painting up the main TIE Defender for one of my husbands squads. Have to do the other two next with a slightly different scheme. These molds are quite a bit nicer than the regular TIEs and Interceptors so it was a lot easier to get cleaner border lines at least. Still need a lot of practice on those stripes, though.

B067D663-7940-4B18-B88E-6B16F21A26EA.jpeg7A13FECD-955F-4944-8C65-6AD403209D33.jpegC41AD09A-AF00-430C-B69A-C92857FC85DD.jpeg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finished the Deathscythe Hell Gundam today. Mixed my own colors with the G Paint stuff. It's close to original paint scheme but added a few twists of my own. Mostly the metal bits. I might need to redo them later because they look quite scratched up, skipped the primer to fill in the sanding. Got lazy. :p

20210523_195744.jpg

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Did a full Army Showcase with the guys on Play on Tabletop for my Chaos, check it out:

• 13Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 15 users

Aazrael

Well I think I know where my money went... all into plastic. Set up some lights on my shelf in my hobby room. These are mixed painted and snapped kits. Don't really want to calculate the money spent...

Think I need to paint the wallpaper in a more neutral color though. 🤔

20210604_214758.jpg20210604_214811.jpg20210604_214820.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
This thread didn't really play a part, but I'm the middle of a minis relapse now as well. A rough order of events:

- Heard a new Dark Angels Codex was coming out earlier this year
- Had interest from a friend about getting into 40k
- Knew that I probably wasn't going to get back in that deep while I still had models unpainted from 20 years ago
- Started looking into Kill Team as a small-scale substitute
- Found AoS Warcry as a even simpler gateway game

Have restocked all my painting materials and working the first couple test models for Skaven in Warcry. Have plans to do 3 more Warcry factions and 2 Kill Teams, plus finish my old-school Deathwing.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Don’t know if I need to go make a separate model building thread at some point but I finally finished this Gun Sniper that’s been sitting half finished in the box for 10 years. I absolutely want to go back one day and give this and my others of the series an actual paint job when I have the space and some cash to get some airbrushes.

66920DFC-A545-479B-8E26-B9266A404F7D.jpeg3683BD03-E92D-40EC-A3CD-2F80255BF832.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Don’t know if I need to go make a separate model building thread at some point but I finally finished this Gun Sniper that’s been sitting half finished in the box for 10 years. I absolutely want to go back one day and give this and my others of the series an actual paint job when I have the space and some cash to get some airbrushes.

View attachment 359351View attachment 359352
Nah, they’re miniatures and they’re getting painted. They’re fine here. Breaking it up in to subgenres would just lower the traffic. Seeing different shit changes the thread and interests up a bit too. Lots of techniques are transferable. I could tell you how to make those gun tips look used/heated for example. I could take metal weathering lessons from Aazrael Aazrael , etc.

Nice work.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I had this pop up as a random suggested video and it reminded me of this thread.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I had this pop up as a random suggested video and it reminded me of this thread.

That turned out awesome. He did some stuff I’ve never seen. Like why was he rubbing thinner over parts after they were painted and dried? Does that make the undercoat bleed through a little better? That’s the only thing I could think that would accomplish.

Aazrael

Looka awesome. Seems like some resin kit for a Gunpla. I wanted to buy some high detailed resin expansion for some of my Gundams but it's really expensive and also require lots of sanding and fitting.

Got kinda burned out due to high workload at my job, got no energy to build or paint. Vacation is coming up though so will be able to continue painting.