Misunderstood pro football player donates an Xbox to a cancer ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If I ever start ruining a thread in a drunken stupor for kicks, feel free to give me the same ultimatum. In fact I even feel bad about going on about it this long in here, but I really don't think it's accurate to portray him as this downtrodden poster when you know very well what kind of poster he is. Everything looks better with nostalgia glasses, and You know precisely how he's going to act when he comes back be that in a year or a day.

i do know exactly what kind of poster he is, and i happen to find him really entertaining. i understand the people that disagree with that, but that's what the ignore function is for.

yeah, i know, ignore function has its downsides. deal with it, imo. you think he's annoying, i think he's hilarious, doesn't mean his free speech should be limited just to please the people that agree with you at the detriment of the people that agree with me.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
think of all the epic threads we had back in the day and why we so rarely have them now. most of those threads were focused on people who are no longer here.

yup. weed out all the sensational personalities and you're left with a pretty boring forum.

controversial characters make this place interesting.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
i do know exactly what kind of poster he is, and i happen to find him really entertaining. i understand the people that disagree with that, but that's what the ignore function is for.

yeah, i know, ignore function has its downsides. deal with it, imo. you think he's annoying, i think he's hilarious, doesn't mean his free speech should be limited just to please the people that agree with you at the detriment of the pople that agree with me.

Ignore doesn't work when he bogarts a thread. I'm on force ignore with him now and the Switch thread became unusable because he decided to talk about how he's donating his Switch to kids with cancer. Araysar shawing his endless posts is the only reason that thread actually works. That is not the only thread he's done that in either. He randomly @'s @Araysar, DickTrickle DickTrickle and me when he decides that the forum hasn't been talking about him for too long. Ignore never fixes problems when you're in a community it never has and never will.

I don't care if he's unbanned but stop implying that he's just a bit of fun because he definitely isn't and he's antagonistic as fuck.

And I am dealing with it, the mods made a decision and I respect that. If they make another decision to undo his ban I'll respect that too. It seems like the only person who needs to deal with it is you.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Ignore doesn't work blah blah blah
already addressed--
yeah, i know, ignore function has its downsides.

I don't care if he's unbanned but stop implying that he's just a bit of fun because he definitely isn't and he's antagonistic as fuck.

when you first started posting here, you decided to prove how much of a big dog you were by confronting Utnayan. he started being antagonistic towards you because you were antagonistic towards him. does he shit up threads? honestly, yes. but does he decide he has a problem with someone before they decide they have a problem with him? no.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
already addressed--

when you first started posting here, you decided to prove how much of a big dog you were by confronting Utnayan. he started being antagonistic towards you because you were antagonistic towards him. does he shit up threads? honestly, yes. but does he decide he has a problem with someone before they decide they have a problem with him? no.

That's a pretty big leap. I took issue with Utnayan because he posted illogical things. I'm not obsessed with how long someone has been been a part of a community, I don't really care.

You're the one that seems to believe that intrinsic value comes from how long a poster has been a part of a community, so don't project that elsewhere.

I'm not interested in continuing to shit up this thread by retreading old ground. Guy was a cunt, he got banned for it. Reply in PMs if you want because I'm not replying here again.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
You're the one that seems to believe that intrinsic value comes from how long a poster has been a part of a community, so don't project that elsewhere.

it's mostly been in jest, mr. serious. the one time i said i thought you were too new and seriously meant it was when you talked about the post history of someone that has been here literally 60x as long as you.

I'm not interested in continuing to shit up this thread by retreading old ground. Guy was a cunt, he got banned for it. Reply in PMs if you want because I'm not replying here again.

you also revel in this shit, don't "play coy". you joined this forum because you wanted drama, i'm pretty sure.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
cross posting Chuk's drunk uncle analogy because it probably was really the best way to put it

i look at it like this. Utnayan is part of this forum for maybe as long as i have been around. hes our fucking family, when your uncle gets drunk and starts spinning a yarn about how much pussy he grabbed or how many Faulty Armors he killed during the war, it could get uncomfortable at times, but at the end of the day he's still your uncle. we have nutters like Lumie here talking all kinds of nonsense nobody here can decipher, yet he is still a board member and more than that he's family. i hope crazy Lumie never gets banned and i still want crazy Utnayan here talking about how many Minnesota Vikings footballs he caught by the pussy and how many bald children he hugged during the cancer war. this was a moderately classic thread til he got banned. now its just a fucking downer and we lost one of our homies for no reason.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Eh, I don't care one way or the other really about the year timeout. Ut's shtick wasn't really any more annoying that Screams "lol i'm rich hollywood writer, you're a filthy poor" is. Then again, I wouldn't be sad if Scream got a year long timeout either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
yeah, well, gavinmad is still here, so that shouldn't make a difference?

FVKHewI.jpg

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Hey, I know that game!

Seriously, though: What's with us pushing away popular, contributing posters over petty shit?

Yeah. Why are we banning Utnayan when Tardnoomba is still here? Even if only 1 person on this whole forum liked Utnayan (I didn't but i'm sure someone did) he's infinitely more popular than Tardnoomba who has 0 popularity.

Also: :emoji_fork_knife_plate::emoji_poop::emoji_coffin::emoji_gay_pride_flag:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Yeah but is this any way to treat a man who put his body on the line playing NFL for years??

Shame on you all.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Tan has gotten a little better and isn't shitting up tons of threads like Ut was. Being more popular means nothing, just look how that turned out for Keg or Ryanz.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
A 1 year ban is far too much unless there is a lot more going on behind the scenes. Ut is a drunken asshat at times, but at least he has made efforts to contribute to the community.

Reduce the 1 year ban to a month or two in the shaw. Once he's out, infract and shaw him as necessary if he starts this shit back up.

• 10Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 12 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
A 1 year ban is far too much unless there is a lot more going on behind the scenes. Ut is a drunken asshat at times, but at least he has made efforts to contribute to the community.

Reduce the 1 year ban to a month or two in the shaw. Once he's out, infract and shaw him as necessary if he starts this shit back up.
Some people don't learn from getting shawed/infracted and they need a heavier punishment.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.