MLB 2015 Season

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Votto is hitting .468/.600/.790 with 5 doubles, 5 HR, and 11 RBI in 80 PA since July 6th.

So glad that shitty leg injury is behind him.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
So, this is pretty good

YjvmEk5.gif

Generol_sl

shitlord
Raines was probably the second best leadoff guy for a long period of time. Again, comparing him to Henderson is a joke, because comparing basically anyone to Henderson is a joke. Nobody who's reached base as much as he has (Rose aside) is not in the HoF. He never did get to 3k hits, but that's largely due to how much he walked. Henderson and Raines essentially changed the leadoff position.
There are quite a few with a higher career OBP who aren't in the HoF. Here is the all time list:

Career Leaders &amp Records for On-Base% | Baseball-Reference.com

Currently he ranks 136 on the all time list. I personally would never compare him to Henderson as I agree with you but going by the statistics I just don't see it as nothing he did is really hall worthy outside of the steal percentage and total stolen bags.

On a side note, I had no clue Berkman had such a high OBP. I think Rock is the most perfect borderline candidate I have ever seen to be honest with you. It could really go either way. In the end I don't see him getting in because the upcoming classes are incredibly stacked with the roiders still on the list which hurts him. The other reason, and this one sucks, is that I am sure some of the voters will hold the cocaine shit against him. These writers hold grudges and play the asshole card more than any group I've seen. Another issue I have is that he only broke 100 runs 6 times which is incredibly low for someone considered the second best leadoff hitter of all time.

I see him as a rich mans Kenny Lofton who was a great player but not Hall worthy based on the stats. Really close call but in the end the hall has to remain for the elite in my view but I respect others saying he gets in as I see how close it is.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It is glorious. And doing it with just 2 HR.
They are definitely on fire. Best record in MLB for the month (16-5). The amazing thing about that game last night was after the 5 run 1st inning, Texas didn't get a hit the rest of the game.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
They misspelled Johnny Beisbol.

I'll try to tune in tomorrow night to catch his first start.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The best 55 seconds of your day

I want my 55 seconds back. Quite possibly the worst thing I have seen in awhile.

Anyways, I'm still scratching my head on the Zobrist deal. We gave up some good pitching prospects for a guy that we don't really need and likely won't even be starting come October.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Zobrist is a pretty big upgrade over Infante, once Gordon comes back from the DL and Zobrist has to move from LF to 2B.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah Zobrist is solid because he can literally play any position. Guys like that are a rarity.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Glad to see him tanking. He's such a douchebag with his tipped cap and his stupid arrow thing.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Zobrist is a pretty big upgrade over Infante, once Gordon comes back from the DL and Zobrist has to move from LF to 2B.
I honestly don't see Yost benching Infante. He seems to be pretty big on him for some reason.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Just read an article where Yost said he has no intention of replacing infante. Basically zobrist will be in left until Gordon comes back, and then he will just be used as a replacement when he is resting players. Doesn't seem like that will help much in october

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Wonder what's going to happen with Guthrie. Can't see him staying in the rotation, I think Young will be the#5 starter over him. Maybe he will stick around as a middle reliever?

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
The Tigers appear to be lining up for a sale, as Jayson Stark of ESPN.com tweets that the team is telling rivals that they are "rebooting." Detroit is reportedly ready to listen on David Price, Yoenis Cespedes, and other pieces.