MLB 2015 Season

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Is Pete Rose officially undead? Holy crap is he terrible as an analyst on TV. He just kinda sits there and stares off into the distance. I'm almost surprised he isn't drooling too.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really don't get the celebrating upon making the playoffs in MLB. Even back in the day when is was a lot harder to make the playoffs it was dumb because you still haven't won shit till you win the World Series.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I really don't get the celebrating upon making the playoffs in MLB. Even back in the day when is was a lot harder to make the playoffs it was dumb because you still haven't won shit till you win the World Series.
Realistically, its a huge accomplishment for some organizations just to make the playoffs. 162 games and you made the playoffs, congrats celebrate a little. But I do get what you're saying.

Game is getting harder and harder with even more advanced scouting and the really successful teams fading away from retaining overpaid players, and bringing up prospects more efficiently than ever. Even teams with a lot of money are striking out quite a bit, definitely a shift to a young mans game.

My end of the season awards (no one cares but fuck it!): NL MVP: Harper, AL: Donaldson (Trout isn't a poor choice at all, just think that Donaldson really killed it when they need to. Don't usually put much stock into the whole best player on the best team talk, but I believe its applicable here). CY's NL: Arrieta (his second half was just too incredible, you really can't go wrong with Kershaw or Greinke), AL: probably Keuchel? Or Price? Fuck, Cy Young races were great this year!

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Mother fucking Dish Satellite. Not getting the Royals game because FS1 isn't in their basic + plan. Fuck them, and fuck MLB.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gravy

Bronze Squire
No internet. Well, no hardline internet. Gotta pay to play on 4G. I'll just keep hitting update.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It is a big deal when for teams like the Astros that lost 92 games the year before and were picked to be about the same this year.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It's still pretty hard to get into the MLB playoffs, compared to the other leagues that let nearly half the teams in. Plus they play 2x-3x the games of most the other leagues.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
October baseball is so fucking nice, games are constantly on. Unlike NBA where it takes half a year to finish the playoffs.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
October baseball is so fucking nice, games are constantly on. Unlike NBA where it takes half a year to finish the playoffs.
I'm not a NBA fan, but do 75% of the teams make the playoffs in the NBA? Seems like it.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Taking out the favorites to win it all would be nice.

cWNH118.gif

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I was watching that last night. I am a Dodger fan. I don't think he was trying to hurt him but he definitely came in way hot on someone not looking . Going to hurt not having him but it could have been worse .

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The press immediately was badgering Joe Torre about what he was going to do about it. I'll admit I don't watch enough baseball lately to know if the penalty is out of line or not .

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Being an Ms fan I don't have a horse in the race, but even tho he wasn't trying to hurt him he didn't even try to slide into the base. I don't follow enough baseball any longer to know if the suspension for 2 games in the playoffs is bullshit or not. Though it does seem to be eye for an eye given the results of the play.