9ae52fbdeabf37e44812b5be149d4610.gif

6ebce873e66627475eb45cbd12ac8fd0.gif

082315_hou_orbit_dancing_lowres_468edy0e.gif

giphy.gif

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Congrats to the Houston fans on the board. Overall really good series. Both teams aside from the Astro's first two innings were completely gassed for game 7. If this last game had been even half the game that five was I think it goes down as one of the all time great series.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm sad.

Grats Astros fans, was a great series.

• 3Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The Hurricane Harvey Astros ladies and gentlemen!

Sucks for Magic Johnson and LA fans. Sorry guys I thought they could do it. But they only scored ONE run in a game 7 world series elimination winner takes all game.

They would have had to BLANK that Astros lineup in order to win that game.....cmon son. 1 run was, never going to be enough.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
As a Giants fan I've seen many great baseball moments, especially recently. One of the best would definitely have to be seeing the Astros celebrate a World Series title on the Dodgers' field.

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Altuve and Keuchel had to endure this. At one point, the Astros were drawing a 0.0 rating in Houston.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I fucking love that Brandon Phillips gif. When the Reds were good and now have nothing to show for it. :(

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Haha those GIFs haha. That one with three infielders trying to field the bunt...

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Man I loved this season. This Yankees team is so enjoyable to watch with Judge and Chapman and Gregorious and all the others. I am sad they couldn't close things out and make it to the series, but the 'stros and Dodgers gave us a fantastic world series featuring more than one all-time great game.

Here is my plea to this forum. I want you guys to start shaming people who talk shit about baseball. Baseball is art. People who hate it are uncultured pigs who should be shamed. Baseball is literally America, and every single baseball movie is good, and that is not an accident. In my opinion shitting on baseball is like shitting on Mozart or Beethoven. It's tantamount to admitting you're a fucking moron, and I want my fellow Americans and baseball fans to start treating these fucking morons like the morons they are.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Man I loved this season. This Yankees team is so enjoyable to watch with Judge and Chapman and Gregorious and all the others. I am sad they couldn't close things out and make it to the series, but the 'stros and Dodgers gave us a fantastic world series featuring more than one all-time great game.

Here is my plea to this forum. I want you guys to start shaming people who talk shit about baseball. Baseball is art. People who hate it are uncultured pigs who should be shamed. Baseball is literally America, and every single baseball movie is good, and that is not an accident. In my opinion shitting on baseball is like shitting on Mozart or Beethoven. It's tantamount to admitting you're a fucking moron, and I want my fellow Americans and baseball fans to start treating these fucking morons like the morons they are.
I love baseball. It's far and away my favorite sport. I certainly do enjoy the hoops and football as well and even on occassion hockey or some other random shit, but baseball will always be my favorite.

• 1Solidarity

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The old scoreboard at the dome would have been great to see a world series win on. I miss it. Anyway good deal, read an article today about Biggio and Bagwell at the game.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

I honestly just feel like the season is way too long. It makes it so regular season games feel like a throw away. If you can't figure out in 80 games who the best 10 teams are, I don't think doubling that number is going to help.

I mean if we look at the halfway point of this past season and took those teams to the playoffs, would it have looked vastly different than who actually ended up in the playoffs? I don't know. It is hard for me to care about baseball during the regular season because it is just so damn long.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I honestly just feel like the season is way too long. It makes it so regular season games feel like a throw away. If you can't figure out in 80 games who the best 10 teams are, I don't think doubling that number is going to help.

I mean if we look at the halfway point of this past season and took those teams to the playoffs, would it have looked vastly different than who actually ended up in the playoffs? I don't know. It is hard for me to care about baseball during the regular season because it is just so damn long.

I've gone back and forth on this. Another part of me compares it to other sports. Even through the season is ridiculously long, the playoff hunt is actually almost always very close. I mean, in baseball we play 162 games and people make the playoffs by like a game.

Now let's, just for the sake of comparison, look at basketball. We're about to watch what? 5 months of this complete charade when we know--all of us know--for a fucking fact there are two teams in this league and nothing else matters AT ALL. We're about to engage in this complete farce of a sport for 5 months, but let's pretend baseball is boring.

Fuck, even in baseball an appropriate amount of teams make the playoffs. In Basketball literally half the fucking league makes the playoffs, all of which are 7 game series. Here's my overall point, and this is not aimed at you at all, it's just because I am on a rant here. If you are a human person who makes fun of baseball yet somehow thinks basketball is super duper exciting, you're a fucking clown. Your sport is fucking dumb, it's playoff structure is fucking dumb, and you are a moron for liking it.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I actually enjoy the current length of the season. I mean you don't have to watch all the games, but when you do want to watch a game there is almost always one on during the season. Kind of nice to feel like you didn't miss 15% of the season because you had other stuff to do for a couple weeks.

For pure enjoyment of watching I'd rate it Hockey > Baseball > Football > World Cup Soccer >>>>>>>>>> Basketball.

• 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users