MLB 2019 Season

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Not a recording but confession nonetheless.

“I used inappropriate language for which I am deeply sorry and embarrassed," Taubman said in a statement on Tuesday. "In retrospect, I realize that my comments were unprofessional and inappropriate. My overexuberance in support of a player has been misinterpreted as a demonstration of a regressive attitude about an important social issue.”

What a fucking tool.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
So who is the favorite here? I don't really pay attention to baseball. Figured I'd try watching the world series this year or at least try.

Sterling

El Presidente
So who is the favorite here? I don't really pay attention to baseball. Figured I'd try watching the world series this year or at least try.
Astros are a pretty huge favorite. Betting sites have them anywhere from -200 to like -450 lol.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Yeah Astros definitely huge favorite. Nats shouldn't have even made postseason haha. At least at early year evaluation.

I honestly don't have a preference. As both a Reds and A's fan I have "rival" status against the Astros but they dealt with some real shit years for a while. So as a Reds and A's fan I empathize and don't really mind their success. Plus I like Altuve and JV. Also Nats are an unexpected success and I always like those teams. Guess I'm American and like the lovable loser story.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
giphy.gif

1 Down

• 1Cutler
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
All the predictions I heard on the radio today said this series was going 7. It was fairly split on who would win. So it will probably be over in 5 or something.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Guess I'm a near lifetime Astros fan. Went to my first game in the late 70's for my great grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. My great grandmother was a huge astros fan and she was a true believe. When the Astros got Ryan it was going to be non stop World Series wins.

I still have a rainbow hat I got signed by a few Astros on the day we went. The only one on the front that I recognize is Enos Cabell. Still have the photos of their names on the big scoreboard at the Astrodome. Then went to the last game there. Was a sad day. I used to go to the games often when I could get there in about 2 hours from East Texas. I think they have quadrupled the number of red lights since then on the East Tex freeway. Probably 5 hours lol.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Acuna has gotten most of the rage as the big-time young potential mega-star. While I think he certainly might be that, people are sleeping on Soto a little bit. That kid (literal kid), is crazy talented with the bat.

Also, I guess for what it's worth, the Nats have the best winning percentage since late May-ish.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Good start, need Stras to get through the first couple innings unscathed and we'll be in business.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is perfect, don't have to send Stras out there again. Bullpen can get 9 outs with 6 runs to work with.