MLB 2019 Season

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This is a cost cutting move. Not a good sign.
I actually think this is a good sign. Lots of talk that minor league pay is about to raise quite a bit, and that there is going to be a lot of renovations to past minor league parks and facilities. Sounds like MLB thinks they've really been missing out on potential money.

Following MiLB is borderline impossible if they could clean it up, you could stretch some more money out of people having easier accessibility to high end prospects.

But I'm not naive enough that I'd be surprised that it's truly that. MiLB has always felt a little to unnecessary in size. Way too many levels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
The only thing better than salty Yankees tears is a world series win.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 2 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
giphy-3.gif

Sterling

El Presidente
Unfortunate that my guys didn't win the series, but it was a good series. 3 run differential over 6 games. A lot of the games were close late, was pretty damn good baseball even if the wrong team won.

• 1Solidarity

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unfortunate that my guys didn't win the series, but it was a good series. 3 run differential over 6 games. A lot of the games were close late, was pretty damn good baseball even if the wrong team won.

This is probably a minority opinion, but I think Chapman is overrated. Also somewhat annoyed me that he throws a meatball to Altuve and starts smiling as soon as he swung the bat.

Probably the most frustrating was that Yankees had their chances throughout the series. I can understand if they just got shut down by Astros pitching but they left a ton on base, especially with RISP in big spots.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This is probably a minority opinion, but I think Chapman is overrated. Also somewhat annoyed me that he throws a meatball to Altuve and starts smiling as soon as he swung the bat.

Probably the most frustrating was that Yankees had their chances throughout the series. I can understand if they just got shut down by Astros pitching but they left a ton on base, especially with RISP in big spots.
Leaving runners on base reminds me of the Dodgers post season 2 years ago. Lot of wasted opportunities.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean he's good, but he's not Rivera and never will be. The strength of the bullpen has been there a few guys that could be closers for teams all on the same staff. I really hope they go after a frontline starter and a good lefthanded bat. Which is exactly what they should have done last season.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Tons of talk that the Angels' are a big favorite for Cole. Also some opining by national guys that Lindor could be the big target the Yankees chase this off-season (I'd die, which means it won't happen): either in a big prospect haul or a potential Kluber & Lindor deal and some prospects to alleviate money for the Indians. I'd absolutely take a shot at Kluber on a one year deal.

Also some Dodgers writers thinking moving Seager could be a possibility. I love Seager but totally get that the Dodgers might use him to address the bullpen/elsewhere while moving Lux into full-time. I could see the Yanks & Dodgers potentially lining up on a deal there.

• 1Picard