MLB 2019 Season

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Tons of talk that the Angels' are a big favorite for Cole. Also some opining by national guys that Lindor could be the big target the Yankees chase this off-season (I'd die, which means it won't happen): either in a big prospect haul or a potential Kluber & Lindor deal and some prospects to alleviate money for the Indians. I'd absolutely take a shot at Kluber on a one year deal.

Also some Dodgers writers thinking moving Seager could be a possibility. I love Seager but totally get that the Dodgers might use him to address the bullpen/elsewhere while moving Lux into full-time. I could see the Yanks & Dodgers potentially lining up on a deal there.
Yankees fan already looking to a market to solve their problems.

No one wants to go to your muff cabbage team. Less than 2 years ago your fan base was singing the praises of Didi, now you are wanting to replace him with another oft injured SS? The only reason Cashman bought Didi from the Diamondbacks is because he read this Fangraphs article and got a raging clue.

I do think that the Yankees are on borrowed time with not having a few lean years to build from within. They have done well in staving it off with growing Sanchez, Judge, and making shrewd trades/low risk moves for the likes of Torres and Urshela.... but what you do not have is starting pitching.

The Astros grew Keuchal and McCullers leading up to 2017. Low risked Morton, and traded for Verlander to make it happen. In 2019, Cole was traded for in 2018, Greinke had to be traded for with the loss of McCullers and Morton. Trading for all 3 of those aces came at the price of good farm talent. Will they pan out? Who the fuck cares as another WS is at stake.

Outside of Tanaka, who do you have? You are looking in the wrong place if you think you need another bat.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yankees fan already looking to a market to solve their problems.

No one wants to go to your muff cabbage team. Less than 2 years ago your fan base was singing the praises of Didi, now you are wanting to replace him with another oft injured SS? The only reason Cashman bought Didi from the Diamondbacks is because he read this Fangraphs article and got a raging clue.

I do think that the Yankees are on borrowed time with not having a few lean years to build from within. They have done well in staving it off with growing Sanchez, Judge, and making shrewd trades/low risk moves for the likes of Torres and Urshela.... but what you do not have is starting pitching.

The Astros grew Keuchal and McCullers leading up to 2017. Low risked Morton, and traded for Verlander to make it happen. In 2019, Cole was traded for in 2018, Greinke had to be traded for with the loss of McCullers and Morton. Trading for all 3 of those aces came at the price of good farm talent. Will they pan out? Who the fuck cares as another WS is at stake.

Outside of Tanaka, who do you have? You are looking in the wrong place if you think you need another bat.

Did you even watch the series? Houston fans... almost Philly quality. Fucking Astros fans coming out of the woodwork, didn't even exist in Texas before the 2017 run. Now you guys are migrating north shitting up DFW with that Houston stench.

Yankees had the lowest postseason era (which is misleading because of the bullpen, but starting pitching wasn't the biggest issue). Anyone that watched that series knows the main issue was lack of scoring with RISP. Postseason at bats get tougher, Sanchez, Edwin, Stanton etc get exposed. Can they upgrade the starting pitching? Absolutely, that's a no brainer. But this whole shit about the Yankees are on borrowed time is retarded. Severino was a Cy Young candidate just last year, and other than potential catastrophic injury has nothing in his past saying he cannot be that going forward. Tanaka is still more than a serviceable arm, especially in the postseason. Paxton is injury prone, but they have the back-end depth to withstand that. There is something called prospects, and you can acquire other pitchers through trades - just as Houston did. Shocking, I know.

Severino, Tanaka, low-risked Paxton for a back end top 100 prospect that won't be anything. Montgomery and other high minors arms to fill out the back end. This staff is one good arm away from being more than enough.

Didi has been good, and there is a reason they grabbed him just as all the other overachievers they pick up. But if you wouldn't jump at the possibility of adding an elite shortstop in Lindor, you're brain dead. Thankfully for you the Astros don't listen to that sort of logic.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't know what the Dodgers are going to do but outside 2017 Seager has been fairly meh in the post season. Guy is a great defender though. I just want them to get some better pitching finally and another guy or two that puts the ball in play rather than trying to hit home runs all the time.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I don't know what the Dodgers are going to do but outside 2017 Seager has been fairly meh in the post season. Guy is a great defender though. I just want them to get some better pitching finally and another guy or two that puts the ball in play rather than trying to hit home runs all the time.
R-E-N-D-O-N

Muurloen

Did you even watch the series? Houston fans... almost Philly quality. Fucking Astros fans coming out of the woodwork, didn't even exist in Texas before the 2017 run. Now you guys are migrating north shitting up DFW with that Houston stench.

Yankees had the lowest postseason era (which is misleading because of the bullpen, but starting pitching wasn't the biggest issue). Anyone that watched that series knows the main issue was lack of scoring with RISP. Postseason at bats get tougher, Sanchez, Edwin, Stanton etc get exposed. Can they upgrade the starting pitching? Absolutely, that's a no brainer. But this whole shit about the Yankees are on borrowed time is retarded. Severino was a Cy Young candidate just last year, and other than potential catastrophic injury has nothing in his past saying he cannot be that going forward. Tanaka is still more than a serviceable arm, especially in the postseason. Paxton is injury prone, but they have the back-end depth to withstand that. There is something called prospects, and you can acquire other pitchers through trades - just as Houston did. Shocking, I know.

Severino, Tanaka, low-risked Paxton for a back end top 100 prospect that won't be anything. Montgomery and other high minors arms to fill out the back end. This staff is one good arm away from being more than enough.

Didi has been good, and there is a reason they grabbed him just as all the other overachievers they pick up. But if you wouldn't jump at the possibility of adding an elite shortstop in Lindor, you're brain dead. Thankfully for you the Astros don't listen to that sort of logic.
Keep being you Yankees fan. Never change.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
Like the Astros hitting was business as usual.

Yankees fans complaining about bandwagon fans is hilarious though. Out of all the teams to make that complaint. Oh have they made it all the way up to DALLAS!? Whoaaaa! You’d never find a Yankees fan that far from home. They’re all die hards who definitely don’t like them because they had the most stars and championships when they were growing up.

I’ve lived in Houston the last 18 years, and have gone to games since 92, the casual fan of course comes and go, that’s sports, but the people who are baseball fans have been here. Maybe they weren’t as loud and you didn’t have the internet to find them but only when the Astros were a train wreck from ‘11-‘14 did the questions about going to a game fade, because even in the 80 win years they were out buying Bagwell jerseys and when Clemens had his stint here the city became baseball over everything. When they were in the NL central they’ve always fielded a fairly competitive team, if you follow the AL there would’ve been no noise there though, especially as a Yankees fan as we were used to our “pretty good” regular season followed by our usual early Playoff exit. It’s how baseball works for most cities that aren’t regularly fielding title teams, and we don’t call for anyone’s head most of the time. These last three years have been unlike anything else because now Houston expects to win, where before we were just happy to be there.

And that smell is just Dallas in general, everyone’s least favorite Texas city.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Keep being you Yankees fan. Never change.
Just remind those idiot Yankees fans that 2009 - 2019 is the first 10 year stretch in history that the Yankees haven't won a WS. Their franchise is now shit.

• 1Solidarity

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

I agree, starting pitching continues to be the issue with this team. It was an issue 2 years ago, last year and now this year. They made no move to bring a pitcher in at the trading deadline (Grienke wasn't playing in NY though) and instead brought in Encarnacion which at the time I thought was a waste of time and sure enough he did jack shit in the postseason. Waste of spot in the lineup. Tanaka is a big time pitcher and I'll give Paxton credit, he pitched a hell of a game in GM5. Who knows what your going to get with Severino, he hasn't been good in the postseason and Domingo Herman was fools gold even before the suspension (although it killed whatever depth they had). Happ was a bad pickup. CC's been finished for the last 3 years. Yankees need a lock down ace and they don't have it.

For as good as the lineup was, some of these guys are just not big time postseason hitters (which as a yankee fan is all that matters). Sanchez is a good hitter but not a great catcher and didn't do anything this postseason. Stanton hasn't done anything is gets injured all the time. The only ones you can count on to get big hits are Judge, DJ and Gleyber. Meanwhile the Astros not only have two lockdown starters but have hitters that get big time hits like Springer, Altuve, Brantley, Bregman, Correa, the list goes on.

Hopefully he focuses on pitching this offseason. They still got pieces in the farm system to make trades plus money for FA's. Stop bringing in extra power like Encarnacion when you didn't need him in the first place.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Just remind those idiot Yankees fans that 2009 - 2019 is the first 10 year stretch in history that the Yankees haven't won a WS. Their franchise is now shit.
What is great is that they think that getting more bats is the answer. Throwing more money and more prospects is a great way for them to maintain that 10 year status quo.

• 1Like

Muurloen

I agree, starting pitching continues to be the issue with this team. It was an issue 2 years ago, last year and now this year. They made no move to bring a pitcher in at the trading deadline (Grienke wasn't playing in NY though) and instead brought in Encarnacion which at the time I thought was a waste of time and sure enough he did jack shit in the postseason. Waste of spot in the lineup. Tanaka is a big time pitcher and I'll give Paxton credit, he pitched a hell of a game in GM5. Who knows what your going to get with Severino, he hasn't been good in the postseason and Domingo Herman was fools gold even before the suspension (although it killed whatever depth they had). Happ was a bad pickup. CC's been finished for the last 3 years. Yankees need a lock down ace and they don't have it.

For as good as the lineup was, some of these guys are just not big time postseason hitters (which as a yankee fan is all that matters). Sanchez is a good hitter but not a great catcher and didn't do anything this postseason. Stanton hasn't done anything is gets injured all the time. The only ones you can count on to get big hits are Judge, DJ and Gleyber. Meanwhile the Astros not only have two lockdown starters but have hitters that get big time hits like Springer, Altuve, Brantley, Bregman, Correa, the list goes on.

Hopefully he focuses on pitching this offseason. They still got pieces in the farm system to make trades plus money for FA's. Stop bringing in extra power like Encarnacion when you didn't need him in the first place.
Someone reasonable. This is a good post. I do think Domingo German is another bright spot for yall. I believe he hit a bit of a wall as last season was his most innings he has ever pitched. For your sake, and my fantasy team, I hope he isn't suspended to start the season next year for too long.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah, I'd like to see them upgrade at starting pitching. They could use a left handed bat specifically though for better lineup balance. I don't want them to unload a bunch of prospects for a marginal upgrade hitter though, that's just dumb.

• 1Like

Muurloen

- WC Picks -
Brewers
@ Natinals
Rays @ A's

- DS Picks -

Brewers vs Dodgers - Dodgers in 5
Cards vs Braves - Braves in 3
Twins vs Yankees - Twins in 4
As vs Astros - Astros in 5

-LCS Picks -
Braves vs Dodgers - Braves in 6
Twins vs Astros - Astros in 5

- WS Pick -
Braves vs Astros - Astros in 6
Sticking with that Astros in 6.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
And that smell is just Dallas in general, everyone’s least favorite Texas city.

"Everyone's". Spoken like a true Houstonian. America's most boring big city! Luckily Verlander & Cole came from even shittier cities, or they might've pulled a Hamels and said no to Houston.

"Yankees need an ace". "Yankees need some lineup balance". Everyone's agreeing on the same thing. Cashman will have to use prospects though. Moreno is gonna spend a quarter of a billion on Cole, feeling the pressure to get Trout a better team after that contract. Strasburg & Boras will negotiate a few more years onto his deal, he's not leaving Washington. So an "ace" isn't happening.

Might as well explore a trade for a better contact hitter.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
What is great is that they think that getting more bats is the answer. Throwing more money and more prospects is a great way for them to maintain that 10 year status quo.
So do nothing? Your trolling is at least more fun than this ITIL training...

I'd say "classy" but we got some ruffians as well. Sadly one of them was smart enough to even do it at a Manfred party right before the postseason.

Last edited:

Muurloen

So do nothing? Your trolling is at least more fun than this ITIL training...
Glad I can entertain.

I am not saying do nothing, but what I am saying is that you gotta develop from within to be able to sustain control of the AL East. I mean yeah you can buy an ace free agent pitcher, but you will lose a draft pick and international $$. If you grow your own talent, you can spend that talent on addressing actual needs & have club control of that purchased talent at a fraction of the cost. The Gerrit Cole trade is a prime example of it.

Not to mention.... you need to sign your draft picks when you draft them.

Gerrit Cole
  • 2008 June Amateur Draft - Round: 1, Pick: 28, Overall: 28
    • Team: New York Yankees
    • School: Orange Lutheran HS
OUCHIES.

I'd say "classy" but we got some ruffians as well. Sadly one of them was smart enough to even do it at a Manfred party right before the postseason.
^fake news

Unless someone comes up with a recording with him saying those words directly at her, I do not buy it.

Last edited:

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Glad I can entertain.

I am not saying do nothing, but what I am saying is that you gotta develop from within to be able to sustain control of the AL East. I mean yeah you can buy an ace free agent pitcher, but you will lose a draft pick and international $$. If you grow your own talent, you can spend that talent on addressing actual needs & have club control of that purchased talent at a fraction of the cost. The Gerrit Cole trade is a prime example of it.

^fake news

Unless someone comes up with a recording with him saying, I do not buy it.
Team has more than enough of a cheap core, but past spending is certainly an Achilles. There is a very fine line between be "smart with your money" & "don't be a jew, your franchise is worth $4+ billion". Really Verlander vs. Gray, Cole & Greinke vs. Paxton is the difference. HOU gave up more and it paid off. That being said the only way I'd be cool with them getting into retard bidding mode with Moreno & the Angels for Cole, is if they supplemented his salary with Didi's & Chapman's outgoing ones. They better be extremely confident in Andujar's return if so, because Didi is a good bat.

My temporary dislike of the Asstros is still way outweighed by SJWSpin. It would be shitty if true, but it smells of false "rape allegation" type noise.

Muurloen

Team has more than enough of a cheap core, but past spending is certainly an Achilles. There is a very fine line between be "smart with your money" & "don't be a jew, your franchise is worth $4+ billion". Really Verlander vs. Gray, Cole & Greinke vs. Paxton is the difference. HOU gave up more and it paid off.

Agreed. So this is where the Astros are with Cole to me.

If they want to keep Cole, they have to move Greinke, Reddick, and a club control piece to be able to pay Cole. That club control piece has to be someone that will entice a club just enough with the talent that player has to eat 2 more years of Greinke and a year of Reddick. My guess that it is Correa, and also with Greinke moving shipped out, the Astros will have to target a pitcher is a solid #3.

My guess the Syndergaard/Wheeler talks will strike up again with the Mets.

We will see.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unless someone comes up with a recording with him saying those words directly at her, I do not buy it.

Not a recording but confession nonetheless.

“I used inappropriate language for which I am deeply sorry and embarrassed," Taubman said in a statement on Tuesday. "In retrospect, I realize that my comments were unprofessional and inappropriate. My overexuberance in support of a player has been misinterpreted as a demonstration of a regressive attitude about an important social issue.”

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
A08DEDF6-68DD-4E31-A971-FE7D06E95F4F.jpeg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users