MLB 2019 Season

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I personally like the guy, but this was too funny not to share

diehomer.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Thank you Kershaw for giving the Cardinals a free pass to the World Series. Never change!!

• 1Worf

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Smart move Roberts: Put in Kershaw (who has reliably given up multiple first inning runs as a starter)to relieve when we're ahead by only two runs

Telling you, this is like starting Darvish in game 7 back in 2017: you don't put in people with a track record of failing in similar situations

Don't know how Roberts manages us to a franchise win record then makes such boneheaded decisions in postseason.

I'm starting to wonder if the Dodgers are a paper tiger and that the NL is just not a competitive league

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Smart move Roberts: Put in Kershaw (who has reliably given up multiple first inning runs as a starter)to relieve when we're ahead by only two runs

Telling you, this is like starting Darvish in game 7 back in 2017: you don't put in people with a track record of failing in similar situations

Don't know how Roberts manages us to a franchise win record then makes such boneheaded decisions in postseason.

I'm starting to wonder if the Dodgers are a paper tiger and that the NL is just not a competitive league

In the postseason there is no reason why you should not have a reliever warming for immediate backup. Hate how these managers put in their starters in relief, and then just ride with them.

I feel for Kershaw, he's one of my favorite players ever coming from Dallas, but he has had a very rough go in the postseason. Looking at that Rendon pitch again, that's a good pitch, and Rendon just got the better of him. But results are results.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

I don't see how Roberts survives this, and I am not sure he should. That team is still stacked with talent

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Guess the Yankees probably only have to face Cole twice, which is nice.

Or once if there is some sort of a sweep!

• 1Worf

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Apparently Dave Roberts will be back next year. Ehhhhhhhhhh.

• 1Worf

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
With the Dodgers out I was kind of hoping the Rays would move on. I'm starting to think I am bad luck. Maybe I need to cheer for the Yankees.

• 1Cutler

Jovec

?
Apparently Dave Roberts will be back next year. Ehhhhhhhhhh.

I think they need to address their hitting philosophy moreso than Roberts issues. Too many HRs. HRs create runs, but hits create pressure. They had that pressure in 2017 but not in 2018 or 2019.

I also think they have a Kershaw problem. I just cannot believe that Kershaw has the support of the majority of his teammates anymore, regardless of what they might say publicly. His postseason/pressure track record of failure is just too long at this point.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I think they need to address their hitting philosophy moreso than Roberts issues. Too many HRs. HRs create runs, but hits create pressure. They had that pressure in 2017 but not in 2018 or 2019.

I also think they have a Kershaw problem. I just cannot believe that Kershaw has the support of the majority of his teammates anymore, regardless of what they might say publicly. His postseason/pressure track record of failure is just too long at this point.

Roberts riding and dying with him so often are just bad, costly mistakes. I'm surprised he survived this one.

Kershaw is a Dodgers legend, and an all-time great pitcher... Who you should let start game 3 or 4 on a very short leash in the postseason. Do not bring him in for relief. He doesn't throw hard enough anymore, and continually gets hit hard. They need to stop expecting the "image" and "aura" of, Kershaw the regular season legend, to translate in the postseason. Help the guy out by expecting less of him. You have your horse in Buehler, strengthen the bullpen. It's not rocket-science.

• 1Solidarity

Sterling

El Presidente
Pulling Sanchez in the 8th with a no hitter going. Was at 103 pitches and didn't even let him finish the inning.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pulling Sanchez in the 8th with a no hitter going. Was at 103 pitches and didn't even let him finish the inning.

Didnt they pull him immediately after giving up the first hit the Cardinals got?

• 1Like