MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

Looks like DH in both NL and AL for 2020

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Looks like DH in both NL and AL for 2020

universal DH is a good change, pitchers hitting is dogshit, and the occassional double switch is hardly some real clever strategy. The runner on 2nd in extra innings is something I don't really like though. I get that it's an unearned run, but it's still pretty stupid.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
It's an opportunity to end the extra inning games quickly, and save teams from A) burning out their bullpen and B) having a position player pitching.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Runner on first makes much more sense to me as a way to help speed things along (obviously not as much) and more importantly doesn't entirely fuck the pitcher. I just hate the idea that you could record two outs but lose the game with two sac flies (even though I know a second to third one isn't going to be that common).

Oh well, I guess we'll see if fans actually like it. That will probably determine if it stays or goes.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean I get why they'd do it. Runner on 2nd with no outs is about 61 percent to have at least 1 run in that inning when a normal inning is around 27 percent. similar ratios for expected runs for the inning. you'll still have a decent number of ties after 10 innings and I'm not sure there's enough 11+ inning games to warrant something like this.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
574280E3-5B14-4AA3-817B-8844D5138DBC.jpeg

• 1Like
Sounds like we're getting a 60 game season starting late July with fully prorated contracts and a normal playoff system. Very curious to see how they do from a business perspective. I'm thinking not well at all but at the same time it might be a necessary expense to have a legit season in 2021.

Why would it help looking forward to 2021? b/c if this is what it takes to make sure we have a real 2021 baseball year, I'm down with it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The baseball season needs to be cut in half anyway. So im totally fine with the short year.

• 1Like

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
Padre fan here. With such a short season throw all your best shit towards winning and see what happens.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Padre fan here. With such a short season throw all your best shit towards winning and see what happens.
Padres' Tommy Pham: Tests positive for COVID-19