MLB Hot Stove 2020: Congratulations to the nations capital

Cybsled

Looks like DH in both NL and AL for 2020

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Looks like DH in both NL and AL for 2020

universal DH is a good change, pitchers hitting is dogshit, and the occassional double switch is hardly some real clever strategy. The runner on 2nd in extra innings is something I don't really like though. I get that it's an unearned run, but it's still pretty stupid.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
It's an opportunity to end the extra inning games quickly, and save teams from A) burning out their bullpen and B) having a position player pitching.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Runner on first makes much more sense to me as a way to help speed things along (obviously not as much) and more importantly doesn't entirely fuck the pitcher. I just hate the idea that you could record two outs but lose the game with two sac flies (even though I know a second to third one isn't going to be that common).

Oh well, I guess we'll see if fans actually like it. That will probably determine if it stays or goes.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean I get why they'd do it. Runner on 2nd with no outs is about 61 percent to have at least 1 run in that inning when a normal inning is around 27 percent. similar ratios for expected runs for the inning. you'll still have a decent number of ties after 10 innings and I'm not sure there's enough 11+ inning games to warrant something like this.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
574280E3-5B14-4AA3-817B-8844D5138DBC.jpeg

• 1Like
Sounds like we're getting a 60 game season starting late July with fully prorated contracts and a normal playoff system. Very curious to see how they do from a business perspective. I'm thinking not well at all but at the same time it might be a necessary expense to have a legit season in 2021.

Why would it help looking forward to 2021? b/c if this is what it takes to make sure we have a real 2021 baseball year, I'm down with it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The baseball season needs to be cut in half anyway. So im totally fine with the short year.

• 1Like

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
Padre fan here. With such a short season throw all your best shit towards winning and see what happens.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Padre fan here. With such a short season throw all your best shit towards winning and see what happens.
Padres' Tommy Pham: Tests positive for COVID-19