MMA Thread

Goatface

couple on notable names on prelims.
also dude needs to fix his ears

1595997809864.png

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I understand the notion that just because one fighter beats another, doesn't mean he can beat everyone that guy bested.

Porier beat Geathje pretty handily, but lost convincingly to Khabib, yet Justin fucked up Tony. But I dont see Gaethje beating Khabib at all. Porier is a better fighter IMO. Although I think Tony would beat Dustin.

That division has been the best for a while now.

Goatface

so last week, Usman called out GSP. GSP said he is was able to retire healthy and wealthy and would be best to stay retired.
the other day
1596127134828.png

GSP's reply
“Damn! Just when I thought I’d have peace of mind.. .I look forward to watching Khabib and Gaethje in October. Best of luck to them.”
current odds have Khabib at -170 to -250 / GSP +200 to +210.
with odds off it happening in 2021 at -1000 no / +550 yes

GSP would be almost 40 and around 3 1/2 years from choking out bisping

in other shit that an't happening
Ariel said Conor is wanting to fight, but UFC is holding off till they can get a full gate

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ariel said Conor is wanting to fight, but UFC is holding off till they can get a full gate
Fuck off Conor. Dead men don't talk and retiree's don't ask for fights. Fucking clown.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
so last week, Usman called out GSP. GSP said he is was able to retire healthy and wealthy and would be best to stay retired.
the other day
View attachment 289042
GSP's reply
“Damn! Just when I thought I’d have peace of mind.. .I look forward to watching Khabib and Gaethje in October. Best of luck to them.”
current odds have Khabib at -170 to -250 / GSP +200 to +210.
with odds off it happening in 2021 at -1000 no / +550 yes

GSP would be almost 40 and around 3 1/2 years from choking out bisping

GSP wanted the Khabib fight but the money wasn't right.

In 2020 nothing has changed on that front. The money isn't there for the Usman fight.

Both Brock and GSP had problems with the UFC current business model. The PPV buyrate system was destroyed by the ESPN deal.

When they went to the table, both GSP and Brock had the same exact problem with the numbers. Both camps requested large guaranteed money up front to fix the current gap between PPV buyrate cuts from pre-ESPN and current payouts, and UFC declined. UFC doesn't want to set a trend of paying out "Old days PPV money" to big stars in the modern ESPN era. UFC stance is the business model changed, the pay changes, period. They want fighters to accept the current model.

Was kind of sad to see GSP go out like that since he really did want to do a superfight and met multiple times about it. Brock walking away had not much effect on the other hand.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i mean it looks bad...

but he never "tapped" on ahmad, he tapped on the mat

and ahmad is not looking anywhere, he's cinching while looking down

so it's highly reasonable ahmad thinks that goddards hands is the other guy fighting the choke.

but then, don't shove the ref 2x time, even if he's a shit bag like goddard.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
I would hazard to guess the ref is also telling him to let go fucking moron.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gak

<Gold Donor>
but he never "tapped" on ahmad, he tapped on the mat

At 12 seconds it looks to me like he starts tapping ahmad's leg with his left hand, then again multiple times, I'm glad godd told him to fuck off.

ufc.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

gak

<Gold Donor>
Ya I've really enjoyed most of the covid-cards after fast-forwarding the women and midget bouts...

u.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>