MMA Thread

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I just don't understand the benefit of supplements. If it's any kind of risk at all I just don't see the point. I joined the military at 29 and performed better than most new recruits in excellent shape just on water and heavy doses of bud light on the weekends. I'm 6'0'' and 190 lbs. A guy that is 6'4" and naturally 230ish with an 84" reach with two brothers who play professional football doesn't seem like the kind of guy to need steroids by themself by any means. I just think there is something fishy about this whole thing. I could very well be totally wrong. I'll be cool with that if I am, but I don't think Jones did anything malicious here. It just doesn't add up. I get that he's stupid as fuck, but even this seems suspect to me after his other ordeals.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I just think there is something fishy about this whole thing.

There's something fishy alright, and it's that he failed a second test for PEDs. He's making piles of cash. If I'd already genuinely failed one test and had his kind of income riding on failing another I'd have USADA-equivalent labs test everything I put in my body before I used or ate it.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
He should go fight the old has been CANs at bellator on an indian reservation juiced and coked out of his mind.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Forty-two supplements, including some that are available at GNC, can trigger a positive test for Turinabol, baseball officials said. Clubs again were reminded this week that players should use only supplements certified by NSF International, an independent organization that tests and approves products.

Facing possible lifetime ban, Cody Stanley is living every player's nightmare | FOX Sports

Sounds like fake news. Multiple people int his thread have claimed it's impossible to pop for Turinabol without having underground hookups with illegal overseas roid dealers. Baseball officials probably don't know what they're talking about.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's illegal to produce turinabol, which has been pointed out multiple times. If GNC is selling supplements with turinobol, the producers of the supplements and GNC would get into a lot of legal troubles.

This is also the MLB. Steroid is rampant as fuck, and they had a hearing with the whole scandal. Those that got popped used steroids not some "tainted supplements" 100%.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
All these athletes make millions of dollars, and they can afford to have their supplements tested. To say it's tainted supplements is just so laughable. The responsibility is on the athletes or at the very least their training camps.

Captain Suave

is there a reason this is so big?

People are fucking stupid.

It's really not very hard:
1) If it's illegal/forbidden in your sport, don't take knowingly steroids.
2) Everyone knows that it's possible for supplements to be tainted. Don't take any supplements that you aren't 100% sure are pure and won't produce byproducts that will mimic PED metabolites. You don't even have to take the supplement producers' word about the ingredients. Pay some other guy to take the stuff and then test him. Can't afford that? Stick to brown rice and chicken.
3) Profit.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Never heard of David Branch or watched any of his fights but he did better than I thought he was going to. Luke is still a douche and obviously still salty AF to losing to Bisping though lol.

Shano

Mike Perry is such a douche lol, he's fun to watch though. Hopefully he gets some tougher competition after annihilating this Reyes guy. Calling out Robbie Lawler is pretty funny and unlikely considering he's the #1 contender but I'd like to see him go up against someone like Masvidal or Cerrone.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Mike Perry is such a douche lol, he's fun to watch though. Hopefully he gets some tougher competition after annihilating this Reyes guy. Calling out Robbie Lawler is pretty funny and unlikely considering he's the #1 contender but I'd like to see him go up against someone like Masvidal or Cerrone.
Cerrone took a fight with some up and coming scrub, I think.

So it's gate keeper masvidal, or is wonder boy the gate keeper of ww?

Shano

I would say after draw and then loss to Woodley, Thompson would be the gate keeper now

Goatface

Cain Velasquez’s coach reveals back surgery didn't go as planned, unsure of return date

won’t be returning to action any time soon.
“The surgery has not gone the way it was supposed to have gone. So, we'll see with time,” Mendez told Starsport. “But Cain has been spending time with his family and doing other things. He comes in here once in a while.

“He's not back training yet. But he didn't pull out, the fight was pulled from him from the state athletic commission.”

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Clearly Cain's body is simply not built for combat sports, and at this point he just needs to hang it up.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Back pain is no joke. A friend of mine had an uncle who committed suicide because his nerve pain progressed to the point where not even morphine was working.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Clearly Cain's body is simply not built for combat sports, and at this point he just needs to hang it up.

He's got the biggest gas tank PFP across all leagues.

He's built for this but he's gotta walk soon because he keeps getting fucked up in training

if Cain could donate his gas tank to someone before leaving, yeah, that would be great

Last edited: