MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
He's got the biggest gas tank PFP across all leagues.

He's built for this but he's gotta walk soon because he keeps getting fucked up in training

if Cain could donate his gas tank to someone before leaving, yeah, that would be great
I think DJ would have something to say about that. For a HW, no doubt Cain has the greatest gas tank ever. Across all weight classes, no.

And my statement still stands. Yes, he has some amazing tools to be a fighter, but his body as a whole clearly can't stay healthy. So he isn't made for it.

Goatface

i don't follow Cain that much, but he seems to be pretty active
seems to be having fun doing autocross

think it is just a shame that he is still ranked #3 after not fighting for 14 months
not that there are that many impressive HW out there right now.

don't know if over blown or not, but Hunt's comments about possible brain damage
would make me think he won't be around much longer

Also in HW news
The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Carlos Felipe of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an out-of-competition sample collected on July 29, 2017. Because of the proximity to Felipe’s upcoming scheduled bout in Sao Paulo, Brazil, on October 28, 2017, against Christian Colombo, Felipe has been removed from the card and UFC is currently seeking a replacement.

Felipe, 22, is 8-0 was going to make it debut with UFC

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Speaking of HWs

This guy has a great deal with Glory (probably way way over the 60k per fight that the UFC is willing to offer)

Chi

Will try to find a highlight later. Really too bad he isn't younger. He would clean house. Really damages the UFC credibility by letting "cheap" talent walk around like this.

The more amazing HWs I see outside of the UFC, the more I realize the UFC no longer has the best guys and the less I care about it (specifically talking about HW)

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The UFC needs to find some new stars outside of Conor or they are going to find themselves in trouble here.

Goatface

Conor and others are apparently heading to Washington to lobby to get the “Ali Act” to cover MMA fighters.

the expanded bill was proposed last year, but don't know how much support it has

---

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Conor and others are apparently heading to Washington to lobby to get the “Ali Act” to cover MMA fighters.

the expanded bill was proposed last year, but don't know how much support it has

---

You can bet Lorenzo is behind this gesture as Conor McGregor has been meeting directly with Lorenzo at his office for the Mayweather fight. Anyone familiar with the history of the UFC purchase knows what Lorenzo did as Nevada State Athletic Director and his role in getting the UFC taken off of PPV so that Meyrowitz would firesale it to him on the cheap. Then used his political connections to reverse the PPV ban and reverse the NSAC's lack of support for the UFC.

This is straight up racketeering behind the scenes all over again. In 10 years time, the Fertitta's see themselves dominating the new boxing style model of MMA PPV where its just big fights, no circuit cards. They will still have the UFC with the circuit cards, but the MMA Ali Act will allow fighters to deal directly with Lorenzo and Dana and promote themselves. The UFC will no longre be able to hold fighters against their will.

The knife is hitting WME-IMG in the back, and they are going to bleed in 5 years or less.

The Fertitta's realized the rodeo NASCAR/WWE touring model will become outdated due to irreplacable talent and mismanagement. The MMA Ali Act is the best way to scoop up the big money while leaving the UFC WME-IMG holding the bag.

This is too rich if you follow the behind the scenes, you're smiling and shaking your head-- business acumen.

Last edited:

Goatface

UFC Fight Night 117 ‘St. Preux vs. Okami’

Fight Pass Early Prelim 7:30PM/4:30PM
FXX
Prelims 8PM/5PM

Main Card 10PM/7PM

Mizuto Hirota ruled unfit after having issues standing at weighins

---

Nick Roehrick has accepted a one-year suspension from USADA after failing an out-of-competition urine test conducted on Aug. 8.
The UFC light heavyweight tested positive for clomiphene and its metabolite, 4-hydroxyclomiphene. Roehrick’s sanction is retroactive to Aug. 17, the date his provisional suspension was imposed. Per USADA:

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Can we just skip this event and go straight to UFC 216 pls. LHW division is so thin they had to bring back Okami to fight at LHW on short notice lol..

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Should be renamed the St. Preux choke now, he has three of them in the UFC which is kind of absurd considering it requires your opponent to set themselves up for it.

Also Andrade is a fucking monster. Comes down from 135 and fights harder without gassing than Gadelha who is a natural 125er. It really goes to show how good Joanna is that she beat them both with ease.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
Daaamn I completely forgot this card was Saki's debut. Missed it and didn't even record it :( Looking at the clip Fedor posted it looked like he was getting whooped up on until he just ktfo that guy out of nowhere lol. Really surprised Andrade just basically man handled Claudia so easily. Didn't realize she was that good and like Cyrus said just shows you how incredibly good Joanna is.

edit: And LOL @ that Saint Preux / Okami clip. Could tell Okami was kind of surprised and then looked like he was getting ready to tap but went out before he could. Pretty impressive submission. Also it looked like Saki was already gassing out before the 1st round was even over wtf?? Reading the "pros react to x" a lot are saying it was an early stoppage but I'm not seeing it. Dude went down like a ton of a bricks and his reflexes were ultra delayed, turned to the ref on ground with guard up like he didn't know wtf was going on.

Last edited:

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Gassed LHW saki still throws heavyweight caliber shots. Good to know!

That guy was laid out.

HOLY FUCK! I knew Saki had a chin, but holy fuck. I'm mad I missed that fight. Damn.

Watch any Saki/Ghita fight. Both of them throw the most brutal of strikes.

Edit: They need to get that english guy as the main announcer. So good.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
HOLY FUCK! I knew Saki had a chin, but holy fuck. I'm mad I missed that fight. Damn.

Watch any Saki/Ghita fight. Both of them throw the most brutal of strikes.

Edit: They need to get that english guy as the main announcer. So good.

Saki has this... hatred behind everything he does. You end up wincing a lot. Ghita and Saki were so hateful in those fights. That is no "Rampage- Rashad" beef

I mean look at Saki check this leg kick in 2015 without any fear of injury, he goes for a full check with vicious intensity. I've never seen anyone in the UFC check that hard... That is no accidental break.

^ and yeah, the Jon Anik of kickboxing announcing took over I guess.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sadly Spong went to boxing and won't amount to anything. I wish I could say other. Spong was the future of kickboxing or mma.