MMA Thread

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Lesnar does it and Ngannou can. Having a gas tank is something you can train for. It's not like he has a glass chin which you can't. His ground game is obviously shit too and he can improve on that. The guy is 31 and will improve hopefully. The heavyweight division needs him to improve.
Lesnar does it with steroids. Until Lesnar fights under USADA and doesn't piss hot, I'm just going to assume he's on steroid 100% of the time.

Fedor

<Banned>

Jbrm7An.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Volkan had no time, so he lost in the second round. Maybe he had to go to a court hearing or something. Who else do you pair against DC after Gus if DC wins? There are only a bunch of second rate guys DC hasn't beat. I think this is why DC wants JJ to get the shortest sentence so he can fiight JJ again before he retires and be a GOAT.

Well DC isn't going to beat JJ. He's a fool. He has his number. Gus will own him too.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
nganou gassed inside the first minute of the first round!!! after the second round stipe was just rapin nganou at will. he baited nganou like 18x facing off, nganou just swinging at air, he can't judge distance for shit. he overcame stipes takedowns and gnp by just being bigger and having a big head to absorb all that damage.

fuckin volkan was no better he gassed in 2mins of the first round and towards min 3 DC was done toying w/ him

this is a sad day for fresh meat, they should be demoted to top 10 rankings

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
So apparently Whittaker got a staph infection in his stomach which wasn't treated properly and started to attack his organs. That shit can be life ending, much less career ending. MW division is cursed.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
nganou gassed inside the first minute of the first round!!! after the second round stipe was just rapin nganou at will. he baited nganou like 18x facing off, nganou just swinging at air, he can't judge distance for shit. he overcame stipes takedowns and gnp by just being bigger and having a big head to absorb all that damage.

fuckin volkan was no better he gassed in 2mins of the first round and towards min 3 DC was done toying w/ him

this is a sad day for fresh meat, they should be demoted to top 10 rankings

Ngannou's spatial reasoning ended up being pretty sad. Stipe replay will show him head movement out of the way.

He gassed on air. Had one good connection but it wasn't enough to rock Stipe's head and foot movement. 40 pound difference, no problem for Stipe.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think Miocic needs to be looked at in a different category now.

When you talk the legends of MMA heavyweights, you have to mention guys like Bas Rutten, Mark Kerr, Fedor, Randy Couture, Mark Coleman, and D Sev. Im probably forgetting a few guys but Stipe has to be mentioned among them now. Most defenses of title, all of them against destroyers. A guy like Ngannou would of blown away a Randy Couture, and Miocic would probably beat the Coutures of the world and is probably one of the greatest MMA heavyweights ever.

Its hard to believe but you cant deny this guy anymore. His chin is ridiculous, he doesnt really get tired, which is astonishing for a heavy. His punching power and technique are obviously world class, so when you combine chin, heart, stamina, and power, you get Stipe Miocic. Who can beat him? Surely not DC.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Origin

Molten Core Raider
The Miocic vs. Ngannou fight was embarrassing and disgraceful in so many ways, it's hilarious. But the thing that pisses me off the most was the hype being played up and the disrespect that Stipe got in the build up. Ngannou was favored to win, he was promoted to win; every thing was being thrown his way in order for him to be the champ. I understand that Stipe is a humble and boring guy (not very marketable) and you want every single one of your champs to be a Conor McGregor clone for the revenue, but fuck...

Then you turn around to the fight and have a clinic. Ngannou looked like some random body builder that jumped in from the stands to fight the champion. The skill discrepancy was absolutely MASSIVE! Ngannou looked like a joke and the dude got man handled. If he wasn't so roided and jacked up, he'd have gotten killed.

Not really sure what to think. I've been looking forward to this fight and was hyped up about it, since it was being presented as the next coming of Jesus (as far as Ngannou goes), but ended up getting a joke on boxing levels. That was fucking bad.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Jive Turkey

Karen

And he wasn't even trying to set up any of his punches. It was the same "combination" every time; a lazy jab that wasn't even intended to land followed by his uppercut. I probably could've avoided that punch

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I'd like to think Cain is only legitimate HW threat for Stipe. I'd say he definitely has the better gas tank. Stipe is a gritty dude though and he stays healthy. Both the same age. I'd give DC and JJ a good shot at beating Stipe as well, but DC isn't going to do that as long as Cain is around and JJ can't stop losing to JJ.

Goatface

Don't know if they would give Cain straight shot at the title, would be close to 2 years from his last fight

Werdum's lost to Stipe was almost 2 years ago and he has went 3-1, so rematch should be in order.

what i like to see
around July
Stipe/Werdum
Cain/Reem

then title fight at end of the year

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Don't know if they would give Cain straight shot at the title, would be close to 2 years from his last fight

Werdum's lost to Stipe was almost 2 years ago and he has went 3-1, so rematch should be in order.

what i like to see
around July
Stipe/Werdum
Cain/Reem

then title fight at end of the year
2 years, and it was Travis brown he beat, not exactly top competition

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'd like to think Cain is only legitimate HW threat for Stipe. I'd say he definitely has the better gas tank. Stipe is a gritty dude though and he stays healthy. Both the same age. I'd give DC and JJ a good shot at beating Stipe as well, but DC isn't going to do that as long as Cain is around and JJ can't stop losing to JJ.

Stipe is the cowboy Cerrone of heavyweight. We finally get a guy who could defend the belt x3 a year and there is nobody home.

Stipe being healthy just exposes the lack of depth. I don't see anyone threatening him and I don't see anyone worthy of fighting him. He was marketable with that adrenaline dump speech right before he demanded more money. Did the UFC even play that clip in the run up? If not, that shows what the UFC thinks about Stipe. That shit was Chuck Liddell-level.

A bittersweet night.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I still think Overeem is legit, not as legit as Ubereem but I think he could challenge Stipe better than Nganou. Overeem underestimated Nganou and got caught, it happens. I hope Overeem can climb back up, but make no mistake Stipe is the most legit HW we have seen in the UFC in awhile.

Last edited:

Goatface

was just going to comment on Reem, but found this
Reem has been knockout 11 times in MMA (5 while in UFC) and 3 in kickboxing
Alrovski 10 times
Bigfoot 9 times
Mir 8 times

for some reason can not find out how long Reem's Medical Suspension was after Ngannou.

do think he should get another shot, guess the debate is who he has to beat before.
certainly need to be after Werdum, but think should only need 1 more win to get title shot.

--
Dana predictions to take with a grain of salt
4 mins in, Dana is giving odds on different stuff happening in 2018
Conor will have more than 1 fight
Jon Jones, Brock, GSP and a Diaz will all fight , no to Ronda

• 1Solidarity