MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dana and other UFC management ruined the sport by selling out to Rhonda, Conor and chasing bigger PPV buys. Free, instant title shots. Letting the belts go uncontested (350 & 511 days) while Conor went off and fucked around in a THIRD weight division and did boxing. The miss-management of the sport and the UFC brand is so greedy and pathetic.

I haven't looked into it or studied the time period that close, but I figure not stripping Cain Velasquez is at least partly responsible for letting the HW division die and letting HW talent go and/or "waiting talent out" until they were past prime and out of their moment.

Cain is the record holder for not being stripped right? I can't remember

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I haven't looked into it or studied the time period that close, but I figure not stripping Cain Velasquez is at least partly responsible for letting the HW division die and letting HW talent go and/or "waiting talent out" until they were past prime and out of their moment.

Cain is the record holder for not being stripped right? I can't remember
naw off the top of my head, it would have to be Dom Cruz

Jive Turkey

Karen
I'

I love Derrick Lewis but I don't see him beating DC, Stipe, or Cain. Would like to see him against Blaydes, JDS, or a rematch with Ngannou first.

It's Lewis v DC in November at MSG

Daniel Cormier vs. Derrick Lewis set for UFC 230 in New York

My initial thought was Cormier by wrestlefuck, but there's a huge weight discrepancy. That's gotta give DC some trouble. If Lewis is too big for him, Cormier might be fucked.

Joanna v The Bullet is back on for 231 in Toronto

Valentina Shevchenko vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk back on for UFC 231

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hope Lewis gets his cardio in order because he is going need all he can get against DC.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I hope Lewis gets his cardio in order because he is going need all he can get against DC.
i don't see black beast having a chance in hell against DC

however, i don't see DC even coming close a fan favorite, lulz.

It's gonna be the black beast train!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Goatface

How can Lewis fight nov 3rd while med suspension?
Suspended 30 days with 21 days no contact
from the link above

Jive Turkey

Karen

Would've liked to see what would've happened if that red shirted dirtbag didn't jump in. Conor popped black shirt pretty good and he backed right off

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't expect Lewis to turn down a fight but come on...

And I don't think anyone seriously thought we were going to see Poirier-Diaz. "Cancelled". Yeah, we know.

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
DC vs Lewis is going to be a one sided beatdown. Unless Lewis can somehow catch DC with some crazy punch, which I just don't see happening, this is going to be a totally lopsided fight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
DC vs Lewis is going to be a one sided beatdown. Unless Lewis can somehow catch DC with some crazy punch, which I just don't see happening, this is going to be a totally lopsided fight.
bro, did you see ufc 229? that shit was nail biting. fucking every minute black beast was slogging along, i thought he was done, then he gets pummeled against the cage...

then WHAM, he launches a haymaker that misses, but volkan backed the fuck right off, even if you whiff as a heavy, volkan probably felt that air!!!

unrelated

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Why the fuck is Stipe not in any discussion? Do they not want to give this guy another shot? Wtf?

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
The weight discrepancy doesn't really matter. Remember DC ragdolling Josh Barnett? Lewis has a puncher's chance here and DC might be cocky enough to entertain standing with him but DC may even be too quick for Lewis on the feet as well. At least we know this one won't be going the distance.