MMA Thread

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Conor vs. a guy that most people love...most wins in the UFC...most finishes by submission...come on now. Cowboy is formidable and definitely no cakewalk. They can promote the shit out of it. If Conor loses, everyone knows he's not the guy anymore. He'll just be essentially what he is...a fun guy to follow. Kinda like Tyson when he started to lose.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Despite his record in his last few fights and his fallout with Winklejohn...man, how the fuck could you question it? Cowboy deserves it. I'd be interested in seeing if he'd be cool and smiling and all that shit at the staredowns for media day and the weigh-ins. And imagine if he wins...which is not outside the realm of possibility. If the time was never right before, I think it is right right now. Conor has something to prove and the UFC can make that happen by pitting him against the winningest guy that's ever fought for the promotion and a guy that submits people, which Conor has a history of problems with. I don't think it would be outside of Dana's thinking to introduce the 165 lb division with this as the title fight. Nate and Poirier weren't gonna sell many more tickets even if their fight came to fruition. Conor going for a 3rd belt in a different divsion...they'd get behind it 110%.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

stupidmonkey

Not Smrt
<Gold Donor>
My thoughts, in order:

• Is that in Brazil? That's gotta be Brazil
  • Oh my hopscotching God, look at her thighs!
  • ...I don't even like 'em thicc, but daaayyyuuuummm
  • Adebisi Adebisi Bisi bae material or what?
  • "I can fap to this"
  • I bet his elbow is getting soaking wet right now
  • BREAK IT BREAK IT BREAK IT
  • Oh lawd look at his wrist
Also, Kortney Olson, LOL

Can't stop laughing at her scream:

Yep Brazil... She's an off duty police officer and he's screaming please my arm my arm.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I didn't notice that when I first saw the fight, was in shock from the brutal elbow. On second watch that is pretty blatant disrespect to the ref.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Should be suspended for hipchecking the ref.

Dunno. I'd be pissed too if the ref threw himself sideways into my leg with my foot stuck under me like that. If he'd tried to stand up without moving the ref there would have been a lot of lateral pressure on his knee.

I'm paranoid about that because I've had a lot of knee injuries, though.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
Dunno. I'd be pissed too if the ref threw himself sideways into my leg with my foot stuck under me like that. If he'd tried to stand up without moving the ref there would have been a lot of lateral pressure on his knee.

I'm paranoid about that because I've had a lot of knee injuries, though.

I feel like I'd have more sympathy for that argument if the ref wasn't jumping in to stop you from punching an unconscious man in the head

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like I'd have more sympathy for that argument if the ref wasn't jumping in to stop you from punching an unconscious man in the head

Seriously, it's the refs primary job to protect the fighters and once a KO/TKO happens, there's only one fighter who needs protecting. I've seen refs literally tackle the top guy off to protect the loser, and the tackled guy just stood back up like it was no biggie. This was about as unaggressive as a ref can get while still adequately doing his job, the hip check was completely uncalled for.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

UFC's Rachael Ostovich Attacked, Hospitalized Cops Open Felony Domestic Violence Investigation
UFC fighter Rachael Ostovich -- who was scheduled to fight Paige VanZant in January -- was attacked in Hawaii and sources tell us it was so serious, she's being hospitalized for major injuries.

Multiple sources tell TMZ Sports ... Ostovich was in Honolulu when the incident took place. Our sources tell us she's believed to have suffered a broken orbital bone.

We're told Ostovich's attacker is someone close to her.

If Ostovich did, in fact, suffer a broken bone in her face, it would almost certainly mean her January 19 fight with Paige VanZant at the Barclay's Center in Brooklyn would be off.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Those elbows from the plum clinch by Walker were some of the most brutal I have ever seen in the Octagon. He is tall as fuck, so he can generate a ton of leverage by pulling your head down with those long arms and lean frame. Roundtree was trying to get out of that clinch, at first he tried throwing a couple of hooks, but then he tried to squeeze his way out of it. As he went for the release to explode, Walker thrashed him with an accurate, flash elbow strike, which hurt him.

Then he was in survival mode, and Walker was just waiting to hit him with another elbow. You can see how calculated this guy was, after he landed the headkick and a punch or two, he immediately went for the Thai clinch. He knew what he wanted to do, he was anticipating those elbow strikes. You can tell because after he knocked him into the nether realm he celebrated by kissing his elbow.

The hipcheck was kind of funny IMO. It shows the guy has a mean streak in him, bad news when he is in the cage. I like it, he just cant make a habit out of shit like that.

Goatface

guess will be watching the highlights for this one

UFC Fight Night 141 Blaydes vs. Ngannou 2
Saturday Nov 24th
Prelims - 3:15am (est)
Main Card - 6:30am (est)
only on UFC Mobile App

Blaydes -200
Ngannou +170

Overeem started out at -163, now +105
Pavlovich started out at +120, now -125