MMA Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Isn't Conor's "walking" weight fucking 170? If so, why are people acting like "going up" was too hard on him?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Because he was fighting a dude with a considerable size advantage as opposed to what he's used to.
That's what it should be about, but people are acting like he's been living on the space station up until the fight and had no idea what being 170 felt like

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because he was fighting a dude with a considerable size advantage as opposed to what he's used to.
Right,

Conor is known for crazy weight cutting so he can be a bigger man at 145. He and Nate walk around at 170 on any given day. Nate fights 155 cutting a normal 10 - 15. Conor cuts up to 28 by his own words. His kidneys must hate him.

Also, before the fight everyone from Rogan on down was saying how Mac was the bigger man, not taller but bigger. Then came in the steroid comments.

https://fat.gfycat.com/DearestBestGrunion.mp4

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I was at UFC 1 .
You sure haven't learned shit about the sport.

Nate can say he would've gotten hit less all he wants, he always gets hit. His face clearly showed that. And any Floyd pipe dream was ridiculous. Floyd would wax the floor with him and anyone else not named Gennady Golovkin in a ring.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You sure haven't learned shit about the sport.

Nate can say he would've gotten hit less all he wants, he always gets hit. His face clearly showed that. And any Floyd pipe dream was ridiculous. Floyd would wax the floor with him and anyone else not named Gennady Golovkin in a ring.
You're right. Conor should have won. He's awesome.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nate said he was caught 1 time and if he had more then a 3 day camp he would likely not even had been hit. I tend to believe him. Nate clearly ... is retarded.
Nate also said Josh Thompson didn't put a beating on him, was more scared of him than anyone he'd ever fought, and made girl sounds in the cage. These are things he said after this fight.

diazko.gif

Also the only reason he didn't protest the stoppage was that he "didn't want to make a scene".

I couldn't care less about the retard slapfight you ladies have going on, but believing something Nate Diaz says is always the wrong thing.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Tonight, watch Holly move. Although I think she is sub par in her boxing, she is good for a girl.
Good for a girl? Do you honestly think that someone who has held championship belts in at least 3 boxing promotions at a few different weight classes is just 'sub par'?

It means if Conor can't beat nate, he sure as fuck can't beat a RDA. He gassed after 3 mins. LoL
2nd round, I honestly don't think Conor gassed physically. I think he gassed mentally. He spent an entire round trying to headshot Nate, and it didn't work. Nate was just going to rope-a-dope him (using his face, a Diaz tradition) until later. Conor has mentioned several times since the fight that he should have gone to Nate's body more, but I think that's just a sign that Conor's plan was literally"KO him early"and he didn't have much else to fall back on once he realized headshots weren't going to work. Then Nate rattles him with punches? I honestly think that it was then that Conor was just like"Welp..."and realized that he wasn't going to KO Nate, he wasn't going to out BJJ Nate and that Nate was just going to grind his ass down.

The biggest issue is not being able to train for how your specific opponent fights, and that cuts both ways. IMHO Conor deserves props for manning up and taking a fight against a Diaz in the first place, considering how they fight. Nate is no Dos Anjos and Nate knew going in that all he had to watch out for was Conor pushing for an early and flashy KO, while Conor didn't have a lot of options. Was Conor going to beat him on the ground? Probably not. Was he going to get an early KO against a Diaz? Probably not.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Also, Conor prided himself on predicting *how* he would win. He predicted he was gonna beat Diaz via capoeira kick and missed the first 3 times he attempted the kick (I think he whiffed 3x and had it blocked once?). Now, I am sure throwing that kind of kick multiple times and missing is going to put a strain on your cardio, but I can also see him fatiguing mentally because he was super confident that his fancy kick would work (so much so that he talks about it on TV).. and then it didn't.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So whats the preference of everyone in regards to the exciting world that is women's mma? Tate-Holm II or Rousey-Tate III? I'd much prefer Tate-Holm II, because I am just not sure Rousey would ever actually fight Holm again. It took Tate winning for her to say shit about even fighting again. Plus I like to live in a somewhat "just" universe, but whatever.

Plus Rousey needs to lose about 50 lbs by July & wing off that ice cream diet...

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So whats the preference of everyone in regards to the exciting world that is women's mma? Tate-Holm II or Rousey-Tate III? I'd much prefer Tate-Holm II, because I am just not sure Rousey would ever actually fight Holm again. It took Tate winning for her to say shit about even fighting again. Plus I like to live in a somewhat "just" universe, but whatever.

Plus Rousey needs to lose about 50 lbs by July & wing off that ice cream diet...
Thought the word was Rousey wasn't coming back until October. I assume Tate will just rematch Holm next.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Immediately after the fight Dana said it would be Rousey-Tate 3 in October. Dunno if that has changed but I'd kinda like to see Miesha beat up Ronda to get her out of the game. I don't think Ronda can handle two losses.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Rousey doesn't deserve a title fight. She didn't even look like she belonged in the UFC when she fought Holm. It damn sure should be a rematch between Holm and Tate, not Tate and Rousey.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rousey doesn't deserve a title fight. She didn't even look like she belonged in the UFC when she fought Holm. It damn sure should be a rematch between Holm and Tate, not Tate and Rousey.
You really think everything Ronda did before that loss was irrelevant though? Its almost like everyone jumped off the bandwagon all at once because she lost to a veteran boxing striker with a ton of experience toting an undefeated record (yeah the level of opposition is nothing to write home about but the womens roster is limited given how new it is) who got Rousey to fight her fight. There was no excuse, she did look absolutely feckless, but given what she had done up to that point, I dont think its fair to completely throw her in the trash as a fighter. Everyone loses in MMA. I think she can beat Tate she already ripped her fucking arm off her body, I think she still has it.

Sucks for Holm though. She looked like a monster against Rousey but not so much against Tate. She was winning the fight but Tate was talking retirement before the bout....

McGregor kind of needed that loss IMO. He was starting to get hyper-cocky which was bordering on insufferable. His knockout of Aldo was the apex of his achievements I think. Maybe not though, he is still a great fighter, just not at 170+.