MMA Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't understand why Conor wants to fight him again at 170. Nothing was even on the line. Why have that as your main event at UFC 200? Hopefully Jon Jones can have a quick turn around after killing Cormier next month.
This is the only real head scratcher for me. If Frankie wants to headline MSG, or his groin needs more time, Nate/Conor 2 makes the most sense money wise for 200, but why do it at 170 again? Diaz will have time for a full camp, wouldn't it make more sense to do it at 155 so that it has more relevancy to the LW division for either guy? Just odd to do it at 170 again.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I just don't see what a rematch is going to prove. I honestly don't think he's going to have much of a chance of breaking a Diaz' head open with punches, and I don't think he has good enough BJJ to plan a fight around taking a Diaz out on the ground. And even if you say"think of the money it would make", potentially two losses to Nate is going to risk ruining Conor's "brand", so to speak. He's already going to be known as the guy that got pwnt by Nate; now imagine it happening twice.

I'm not sure if Conor will be one of those guys who will be susceptible to losing a big fight or two and then drops to gatekeeper status and can never regain his past performance and status. Dana probably wont care, they'll still have highlight reels and will be able to throw him at people left and right. Plus there will always be fresh meat for Dana/UFC to pick up as replacements. But if I was one of Conor's people I'd be trying to get him back to where he had been.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
A little known fact about Conor is that he can sometimes be a little cocky. I'm sure he thinks his loss against Diaz was a fluke, and if he had another chance he'd definitely win and avenge his honor or whatever

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ameraves;1435778 said:
Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz 2: Latest News, Rumors on Potential Rematch | Bleacher Report

This fight doesn't make a lot of sense unless it's Conor asking for it. As a fan, I'd love to see Conor fight Frankie, hell even a rematch vs Aldo would be better. The only way I can see Conor beating a "full camp" Diaz is if he kicks the hell out of his legs. Anything is possible in MMA but Nate already beat Conor on his feat and on the ground.

Conor needs to swallow his pride and not hold up his division.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A little known fact about Conor is that he can sometimes be a little cocky. I'm sure he thinks his loss against Diaz was a fluke, and if he had another chance he'd definitely win and avenge his honor or whatever
If he thinks how it happened was a fluke, he'll almost assuredly just get beat again. If he realizes he isn't going to knockout Nate with one punch and stops loading up, it might prevent him from gassing out. I'd think he'd have a better shot at 155, doing it again at 170 I think makes his chances even slimmer.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Yeah...not a good look at 170. Maybe he'll train for a bigger opponent and it'll make some difference, but I don't see it going much differently than the last fight.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I would imagine he is demanding it, ego and all that. Hope Nate rips him apart.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't even get this rematch. I could see if Conor won a close fight, Nate could say I had no camp but Nate Cleanly beat him in 2 rounds after rolling off the couch. (no, he was not training for a triathlon)

Fights that make more sense Frankie>Aldo>Nick(after suspension)>Max>Full camp Mendes>Ronda>Nate

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Frank Mir looks like someone's creepy old uncle that lived wild back in his day. Now he drinks a six pack a night and doesn't get off the couch in the evenings and weekends. He looks like a guy they pulled out of the crowd at a Tough Man contest to swing punches for 30 seconds before he gases and gets knocked into oblivion. His face looks like that of a gazelle already in the jaws of a lion, just waiting for the lights to go out for good. He should have hung it up in 2012.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Frank Mir looks like someone's creepy old uncle that lived wild back in his day. Now he drinks a six pack a night and doesn't get off the couch in the evenings and weekends. He looks like a guy they pulled out of the crowd at a Tough Man contest to swing punches for 30 seconds before he gases and gets knocked into oblivion. His face looks like that of a gazelle already in the jaws of a lion, just waiting for the lights to go out for good. He should have hung it up in 2012.
I lol'd.

Ohhh man, poor Frank. Even Hunts reaction after the punch was great. He was slightly confused, yet satisfied. Like "BAM...take tha...oh I hurt him im gonna finish! wait...wut...hes done? lol"

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
5gMB9Xd.gif

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Even Hunts reaction after the punch was great. He was slightly confused, yet satisfied. Like "BAM...take tha...oh I hurt him im gonna finish! wait...wut...hes done? lol"
I thought he was wondering if he was going to have to hit him some more, looked at him turtling, then was like"PFFFTT...you're done."

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hunt's seen a decent amount of people he's KO'd. He probably can read the signs pretty easily at this point.