MMA Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Why the fuck is Stipe not in any discussion? Do they not want to give this guy another shot? Wtf?

Stipe, as good as he is in the cage, is too nice to ignite the media frenzy. The UFC never put the marketing machine behind him, always paid him like crap, and there was bad blood between him and Dana/UFC over the money. This isn't surprising.

I also don't think DC wants to rematch Stipe. Dude has too much to lose – his legacy and his big payday against Brock would take a massive hit with a loss. Meanwhile he gets to fight an often-injured guy a month after he received a 30 day medical suspension from the damage he took at UFC 229.

I'm a Lewis fan. The dude, like Ngannou, has a high performance ceiling. He's got that classic heavyweight style and is what you're looking for in that division. He deserves a title shot, but so does Stipe.o

I wouldn't have blamed either of these dudes for being inactive for another 9 months waiting for DC to retire, going on to fight each other for the vacant HW belt. Lewis coming back a month after the punishment he received at 229 isn't ideal, but I'm sure the dude is collecting a nice paycheck and won't have to go through an entire camp. Once DC retires, he'll have another shot at the title anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
A heavyweight with a recent win deserves a title shot. Lewis is frankly pretty awful. his standup is trash.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Lewis' cardio is trash. He'll be dead on his feet after 45 seconds in the clinch with DC.

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
and then he'll still knock out dc somehow

More power to him. I'm indifferent to "I want to collect paychecks and then retire" DC and the HW division is dogshit until Jones makes it entertaining by moving up and roflstomping everyone.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Goatface

DC to be stripped of LHW belt

edit tweet not loading
Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson 2 is set for UFC 232 on Dec. 29 in Las Vegas

Goatface

need new HW rules, 3 min rounds, 5 min breaks
allow them to use oxygen between rounds too
sure ESPN would love to be able to cram more ads in between rounds

===

“I really don’t think I’m ready for a title shot, because that’s five rounds,” Lewis said. “(Expletive), I can barely go three rounds. I used to train 30 minutes a day, whenever I train. This camp, I trained for an hour. I guess I’ve got to hype up my hours a little bit more in training.”

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Heavy only rules lol.

Endurance is one of the most important aspects of being a UFC fighter. A lot of guys can smash you....in the first 3 minutes of a fight.

But when you get into the 15 minute mark of cage fighting, it's almost a different sport.

Goatface

XBVNPpP.jpg

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't see a victim to root for in any of this, but... I can't wait to see slimy Dana White and the other UFC worms squirm.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They just just lolcut him. Fuck it, he will just wrestlefuck everyone anyway. Keep his money and cut him.

They really dont need that retard.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
whelp looks like no more khabib

i'd like to see tferg and conor for the interim

why? lulz if conor can't handle khabib, no way in hell he can handle a machine like tferg.