MMA Thread

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Your rage about cheating is hilarious. He committed a foul that had zero impact on the fight.

It's no more cheating than a block or moving screen in basketball or delay of game in football.

Adding to the irony is that hit isn't illegal in most states. It's also not illegal if Smith rises up on his hand another quarter inch. Dude was on his feet.

It's okay though, keep on blindly hating on the most talented MMA fighter alive.

I didn't say he won because he cheated, I said he won while also cheating. But it's ok, I'm sure an entire career of juicing, including failing two more drug tests before this fight, definitely didn't affect his success in the octagon.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I'm a brown belt in BJJ and have been grappling for 10 years. I've been choked out and have choked people out. I think this is a dead-on take on what happened.

tldw; Robbie was obviously in twilight when his arm dropped and recovered nearly instantly when the choke released.

Edit: Robbie. I get him and Eddie Alvarez confused for some reason. Something about head shape.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 4 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Eddie?

Was a very fun PVP, prelims were great too.
Happy that Smith did not take teh DQ after beeing owned for 4 rounds. Good Honorable guy (who was very much outmatched)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I'm a brown belt in BJJ and have been grappling for 10 years. I've been choked out and have choked people out. I think this is a dead-on take on what happened.

tldw; Robbie was obviously in twilight when his arm dropped and recovered nearly instantly when the choke released.

Edit: Robbie. I get him and Eddie Alvarez confused for some reason. Something about head shape.

Yuppers, dude in the video is spot on.

If you have ever been choked out or choked people out you know exactly what happened.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Goatface

well was pretty wrong about Walker's new rankings, only up 2 to 13th

few big movers,
Munhoz up 5 to 4th
Zabit up 7 to 6th
Ben enters at 6th
Zhang up 8 to 7th WSW

• 1Like

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Good God. BJ Penn vs Clay Guida being added to UFC 237.

Why the fuck do they let Penn keep going out there?

Goatface

wonder what the record is for time between wins, BJ will be 8 years 5 months

-
no surprise, cowboy already appears tired waiting on conor
said sticking point now is UFC wants the fight to be a co-main event, which conor doesn't want

why in the hell would ufc even care about that, they could probably headline conor with 4 chick fights and still sell 800k
wonder if it would cut into his ppv points

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
With the next four cards being on ESPN+, I am thinking about just giving ESPN their $5 a month. A google search has me slightly concerned though.

I have a Samsung 75 inch smart TV I got last November. It can download app's, but someone says even after signing up for the app and logging in, it asks you for your cable provider information, which I don't have.

If I am going to pay the monthly, I don't want to watch it on my computer... but if they have all these hoops you have to jump through to watch it on TV, well then they can fuck off. Anyone have any experience?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Do they have like a 7 day free trial or something that you can sign up for and test it?

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wonder what the record is for time between wins, BJ will be 8 years 5 months

-
no surprise, cowboy already appears tired waiting on conor
said sticking point now is UFC wants the fight to be a co-main event, which conor doesn't want

why in the hell would ufc even care about that, they could probably headline conor with 4 chick fights and still sell 800k
wonder if it would cut into his ppv points
imo, WME

i think since they purchased UFC, no numbered UFC has gone on w/o a title fight (conors 2 nate fights were b4 WME)

• 1Like

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
With the next four cards being on ESPN+, I am thinking about just giving ESPN their $5 a month. A google search has me slightly concerned though.

I have a Samsung 75 inch smart TV I got last November. It can download app's, but someone says even after signing up for the app and logging in, it asks you for your cable provider information, which I don't have.

If I am going to pay the monthly, I don't want to watch it on my computer... but if they have all these hoops you have to jump through to watch it on TV, well then they can fuck off. Anyone have any experience?

You can watch espn+ on anything if you sign up but if it's regular espn then you have to enter in network provider info. Kinda silly and even more so when a card is like: early prelims on espn+, regular prelims on espn and then main card espn+. You won't be able to watch reg prelims on espn app (unless enter cable / sat provider) but can watch everything else.

• 1Like

gak

<Gold Donor>
Rothwell is funny 'cause when I first watched him I couldn't figure out if he's crazy or retarded. whynotboth.jpg
Hopefully he got the pulsing-'roids-for-life exemption too.

r.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

imo, WME

i think since they purchased UFC, no numbered UFC has gone on w/o a title fight (conors 2 nate fights were b4 WME)

good point
wonder how many of those have been for interim belts, just saw a stat that max-dustin will be the 15th interim fight in last 7 years

--

i guess this is positive for "intentional" users
Walt Harris tested positive for "LGD4033, an selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) like ostarine"
proved it was a tainted supplement, csac agreed, gave him 4 months and ruled fight with Arlovski a no contest

Arlovski moved up one in the rankings 14th
in May, unranked Harris will fight #9 Oleinik

-

follow up comment to that post

The 5 biggest UFC PPV estimates since 2017:
UFC [229] Conor/Khabib 2.4M
UFC 217 Bisping/GSP 875k
UFC 214 Jones/DC 860k
UFC 232 Jones/Gus 700k
UFC 235 Jones/Smith 520k-650k early estimate

-
also