MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm not sure if it is April Fools stuff or what but I'm seeing news saying McGregor vs Ferguson for 249 now
pretty sure it's april fools, mcgregor is in ireland w/ lockdown, basically if you're in America, you can fight...

hell weili zhang has been here since she turned jj into a zombie, cuz she can't leave, let her fight again lulz

shes just training in her air bnb

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
As far as I can tell it's from an article from some site I've never heard off based on a fake tweet of Dana's. That ain't happening and there shouldn't be any fights happening for a few weeks. But lord knows Dana wants his money so we'll see.

Goatface

April 1st and Russian news couldn't ask for more

translated lol
1585756496753.png

1585756229735.png

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
same rules as NA. private charter is able to fly anywhere any time.

Khabib is ducking like Tony said. Unless he's only trying to fly commercial for religious reasons.

Goatface

khabib_nurmagomedov's profile picture

khabib_nurmagomedov

Staying home in quarantine and reading the reaction of people to the situation around my fight, it turns out that the whole world should be in quarantine, governments of all countries, famous people around the world urge people to follow all safety requirements in order to limit the spread of the disease, to save people, and Khabib is the only one relieved of all obligations and must demonstrate free will and train flying around the world, for the sake of fight? - I understand everything and I’m definitely upset more than you to cancel the fight, probably like all others, I had many plans after the fight, but I can’t control it all.
The greatest countries and the largest companies of our time are shocked by what is happening, every day the situation changes unpredictably.
But Khabib still has to fight, is that what you saying? -
Take care of yourself and put yourself in my shoes.
-

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
khabib_nurmagomedov's profile picture's profile picture

khabib_nurmagomedov

Staying home in quarantine and reading the reaction of people to the situation around my fight, it turns out that the whole world should be in quarantine, governments of all countries, famous people around the world urge people to follow all safety requirements in order to limit the spread of the disease, to save people, and Khabib is the only one relieved of all obligations and must demonstrate free will and train flying around the world, for the sake of fight? - I understand everything and I’m definitely upset more than you to cancel the fight, probably like all others, I had many plans after the fight, but I can’t control it all.
The greatest countries and the largest companies of our time are shocked by what is happening, every day the situation changes unpredictably.
-
lulz, quack quack

he and his team could be on a private jet to florida within the hour with the UFC's immense connections dana white/President Trump, along with Putin himself being a judoka and fedor being a national hero.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I doubt Florida or any other state athletic commission will sanction the fight, and it's a really bad look to be openly flouting travel restrictions right now even if some third world shithole like the UAE was willing to host the fight.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I find the idea of this card happening in this situation just bazaar. I'm not seeing a UFC event being anything remotely as essential and the only person making sense is Khabib.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

1585841324714.png

Tony - says khabib should be stripped and he isn't going to accept a replacement until a location is picked.
main card fight Alexander Hernandez vs Islam Makhachev is probably off too as Makhachev was or is in Russia. Hernandez said ufc isn't giving them any updates other than their official statements, so he is just following social media.
=
stipe says he is still seeing spots and has no timetable to return now and is focused on being a 1st responder for now. think he is very likely to get stripped, UFC is going to have to make up a lot of ground here soon. think DC will retire rather than face Francis.
=
rizen just canceled all events to july

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
khabib_nurmagomedov's profile picture's profile picture

khabib_nurmagomedov

-

called it. religious reasons.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
=
stipe says he is still seeing spots and has no timetable to return now and is focused on being a 1st responder for now. think he is very likely to get stripped, UFC is going to have to make up a lot of ground here soon. think DC will retire rather than face Francis.
=

Called it. and you all said the DC match was looking good. i said that eye is gonna crop up unless some jon jones ink gets signed. hes got no interest in a DC matchup. its all lipservice

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

that would be the dumbest pr move in UFC to strip a first responder hw champ cuz he's out there fighting covid (firefighters assist w/ ambulance calls, someone tell me how it works)

Goatface

that would be the dumbest pr move in UFC to strip a first responder hw champ cuz he's out there fighting covid (firefighters assist w/ ambulance calls, someone tell me how it works)
they wouldn't strip him until they can have crowds again, and would guess Stipe will still need months after the covid peak, i don't know if he has even been doing light training in last 4 months. he keeps saying he is getting ready to start, then weeks later more eye stuff comes out. now, i guess whatever training he was doing is on hold. i am sure UFC doesn't like Stipe and would be 1000% happier for DC to regain the belt and retire to the booth. if they could get DC in title fight with anyone other than Francis would be worth the negative pr hit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I would refuse to fight DC again if I were Stipe. Bad eye pokes in BOTH fights.

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wait another few weeks for ANOTHER Stipe interview "Eye is good, I'm ready for whatever. Whatever UFC wants, D.C. rematch this summer".

Then wait another few weeks for "ah man eye is fucked".

He's doing this cycle twice now. The point is probably to make it look like he's not ducking D.C. Serves two purposes 1) makes it difficult for UFC to strip him since he agrees at first but then there is a sudden circumstance (ala a staph infection, a random injury, etc.) that cancels the scheduling for the fight. 2) it keeps the fans on his side, obscures the fact he's ducking D.C. by giving early agreement and positive signals toward a D.C. rematch, AND YET ink never gets signed. Despite the fact he just said he's good to go last interview that was posted right here on FOH.

It's obvious what the deal is now.

The cycle repeated itself already. I'm not saying it will go through another cycle-- because UFC is going to start applying pressure since D.C. is a "company man" . But its obvious what's going on here.

Additionally, Jones had a bad last performance and just recently got into trouble. Prior to the bad performance and trouble, the eye was fine. Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmm.

• 1Like

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Stipe isn't part of the UFC marketing machine. Dude is criminally underpaid for his performances. He's looking out for his own self-interest, because there's nobody out there that wants to help the dude succeed.

The DC-Stipe fight is set up as DC's retirement fight: the dude can call it quits as a champ and one final payday. UFC has made DC the A side in all its talks and fuck that nonsense.

Stipe is the baddest man on the planet and has cleared out the HW division.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's why boxing is called the sweet science, and what ultimately, in my opinion, is the one defining trait that separates and even somewhat elevates pugilism over MMA--the fight is pure.

Mano e mano, one man against another, in a agreed upon conditions and sanctioned rules and regulations, to see who is the superior fighter, by way of punching.

My point is, they still have to fight. Styles make fights etc, but at end of the day, the fans dont matter, the trainers dont matter, the conceptions of the fighters themselves dont even matter. It comes down to a very pure contest, governed by skill, will and stamina.

MMA is somewhat more interesting as it is the ultimate version of fighting, more than just punching. But that added complexity is not as sweet a science. Guys like Stipe get overlooked and underappreciated in MMA, whereas in boxing he would be much more popular.

Cant blame him for DC being a fat faggot either.