MMA Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So far it is not. Scoggins looked great, rest has been pretty meh. I am not fully caught up on the DVR yet, watching Bader/Perosh right now.

Pat Barry has to go. I love the guy but he's not UFC material. He's kind of stuck in that no mans land where he's a bit too big/thick to comfortably make 205, but he's not big enough to hang with the 265 guys. Doesn't have the build/skills to manage those guys like Cain/JDS etc do without being max size. I'll watch every fight he has until they get sad, but they need to be in Bellator or WSOF or something.

edit: THAT is the Ryan Bader that I thought would be a title contender after his season on TUF. He's got such savage GnP and he just doesn't use it. Hopefully his most recent losses have convinced him to focus more on controlling where the fight is before opening up his offense. As much as I love a guy that goes out there balls to the wall someone like him is really not doing himself any favors with that style. He's got the tools to dominate in other ways, he should really use them. Also he's still only 30, his best fighting years could still be ahead of him.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Is it just me, or does Bigfoot have abnormally skinny arms in comparison to the rest of his body? As I am watching this fight something seemed odd about his body, and it hit me that his arms just seem not well proportioned to the rest of him.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Hoooooooly shit at that round! That was fucking unbelievable. I have no idea how either of them are going to make it back for the 5th round.

shishare

Golden Knight of the Realm
Good lord, that was brutal. Props to both guys, those were some serious shots. Easily fotn

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand how neither of them went down. That was a serious amount of punishment dished out on both sides. Props to Hunt for staying active while he was mounted so they didn't stop the fight.

That shit was awesome. Bigfoot gonna take it 3-2
I had it 3-2 Hunt

Oh fuck me. A draw?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had it 3-2 Hunt as well but absolutely could have gone either way.

Hunt definitely hurt his right hand, right? He doesn't throw standing elbows that much normally.

Thought Bigfoot was ending it in the 4th for sure. In general once he gets on top the fight is over. Maybe no guys that is worse to have on top of you. Also if he hadn't gassed out too much to throw kicks he'd have worn Hunt out. You see those kick and knee attempts in the 5th? That shit was slow motion.

God, those guys beat the everliving shit out of each other.

SPOILERS - UFC Mark Hunt vs. Antonio Silva Ultimate Fight Night 33 Full Event GIFs : MMA

Also because no one watched it and I think I'm the only one DVRing these AXStv events=P

SPOILERS - Legacy Fighting Championships 26 Aguilar vs. Garcia Full Event GIFs : MMA

edit: Also the announced Cormier vs. Rashad headlining UFC170 for Cormier's LHW debut.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is it just me, or does Bigfoot have abnormally skinny arms in comparison to the rest of his body? As I am watching this fight something seemed odd about his body, and it hit me that his arms just seem not well proportioned to the rest of him.
Just to get back to this: He is oddly proportioned. He had a tumor on his pituitary gland removed a few years ago. So he had(has?) gigantism/acromegaly. Hence the giant weird jaw and deep Andre the Giant voice. So yeah, he's built weird. His arms aren't small, but compared to that weird super-wide torso of his and that giant Easter Island head they look small to your eyes.

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Made this after watching Rua Smash!

rrr_img_52294.jpg

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Shout out to the judges and referees down in Australia. That was the best judged and officiated card I have seen in a long while.

Big Foot and Hunt should just fight every 4 months till they cannot do it anymore. That fight was one of the ages.