MMA Thread

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_563.jpg
I sat next to Jens Pulver for this one. All of the fights were fun on this card. Rory is a strange dude and there was definitely a weird vibe in the audience when he entered.

rrr_img_563.jpg

rrr_img_563.jpg

rrr_img_563.jpg

Zx88_sl

shitlord
Nice. You talk to him at all? Pulver always comes off as one of the nicest, most humble people in the sport. Wonder what MMO he is playing these days, if any at all. I remember him saying that his WoW addiction was impacting his training and he had to give it up.

Angry Amadeus_sl

shitlord
Nice. You talk to him at all? Pulver always comes off as one of the nicest, most humble people in the sport. Wonder what MMO he is playing these days, if any at all. I remember him saying that his WoW addiction was impacting his training and he had to give it up.
Yeah, we've actually trained together for a bit and his story is a really interesting one. We grew up about 10 miles apart from each other. He's a really good dude and I know the struggle these guys go through. When you have the power to fucking annihilate anyone physically, sometimes it's hard to keep yourself together mentally.

Shoeby_sl

shitlord
Yeah, we've actually trained together for a bit and his story is a really interesting one. We grew up about 10 miles apart from each other. He's a really good dude and I know the struggle these guys go through. When you have the power to fucking annihilate anyone physically, sometimes it's hard to keep yourself together mentally.
I liked his documentary, Driven. It's up for instant streaming on Netflix if anyone is interested. Definitely a bad ass dude

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This card delivered in every way possible. Watched the entire thing prelims to headliners on the edge of my seat with excitement. Dana and the UFC have to be on cloud 9 after these performances in front of Fox's massive audience.

My biggest surprise was probably Yve Edwards KO'ing TFO Jeremy Stevens. The moment I lost my shit, Cruickshank's head kick on Martinez. The guy I will probably have nightmares about, Trujillo. I was most impressed by Matt Brown and Dennis Siver. Benson Henderson is turning into a beastly champion. Good luck to anyone trying to take his belt.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy shit, I just looked at the card for the Ultimate Fight finale this Friday. HAHA, I only see the 2 finale fighters from the show representing the entire cast. Dana wasn't bluffing... I guess they hated this cast of scrubs just as much as the audience did.

I am glad that Ricci made the finals though. He was the only one on the show that looks like he has a skill set to have a career in the UFC.

Renault

N00b
Huh, took me a few days to realize what happened to the last forum.

Going with my heart on Penn and Shogun sure backfired. I really hope I never have to see Penn in the cage ever again; it hardly looked like he even knew what he was doing the whole fight. Shogun, while certainly not in his prime anymore, is at least still a hard test for any up and coming LHW's.

Amazing card overall and it's pretty funny to see how much of a weird controversy the Benson toothpick issue is.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Penn never should have left the LW division. His win over Hughes gave him the idea that he would always be able to compete at a higher weight class.

I think if he had stayed in the LW division and remained focused on it, he could have at least stayed competitive. Instead we get to see BJ get thoroughly thrashed by the better WW's. (GSP, Diaz and now Rory)

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't forget there's UFC events on FX this weekend on Friday and Saturday folks. And as with most FX events the prelims are on FuelTV.

Falmer_sl

shitlord
So I got my elbow broken by a roundkick. After the operation there's a metal plate and quite a few screws holding it together, which won't be taken out once the elbow is healed, according to the doctor. Does anyone have, or know someone who has, experience with a similar injury? How fucked am I, long term/permanent damage-wise?

Oro

Trakanon Raider
I had a pretty bad elbow break when I was younger, surgery, plate and pins. I ended up having to do physical therapy for a few months but there was no permanent damage.

Falmer_sl

shitlord
I had a pretty bad elbow break when I was younger, surgery, plate and pins. I ended up having to do physical therapy for a few months but there was no permanent damage.
Did you have plates and pins removed eventually? The break isn't itself that bad, the elbow isn't shattered into tiny fragments. But just looking at the xray makes me cringe when I think about getting armbared or hit into that area.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So I got my elbow broken by a roundkick. After the operation there's a metal plate and quite a few screws holding it together, which won't be taken out once the elbow is healed, according to the doctor. Does anyone have, or know someone who has, experience with a similar injury? How fucked am I, long term/permanent damage-wise?
I am sure it is different for all injuries, and I am not doctor, but this is my understanding. Once it is completely healed, you don'thaveto keep the plate and screws in. If you are insistent on wanting them out, the doctor can indeed remove them. However, that is yet another surgery and more recovery time.

A buddy of mine had a real bad ankle break that required screws to help heal. It has been over a year and he still has pain in it and swelling. He talked to the doctor about it and they said they can be removed if he wants. He got 2 different opinions, and one doctor said there is no need and it won't make a difference, and the other doctor said he can and it could eventually relieve some of the pain he has now.

As far as your future and long term damage, or will you be able to keep competing, I have no clue. I would imagine as with most any injury you can probably make a full recovery and be able to compete with no troubles.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I kind of hate these smaller shows because I don't know as many of the fighters as I usually do. Had to make a few of my picks just by looking at those guys records.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Haha, holy fuck that video is great. The impressions are fucking spot on.

Oro

Trakanon Raider
Did you have plates and pins removed eventually? The break isn't itself that bad, the elbow isn't shattered into tiny fragments. But just looking at the xray makes me cringe when I think about getting armbared or hit into that area.
I had everything removed once it was healed properly.