MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Agreed. And I am with Tuco, I really hope Cormier takes another fight and doesn't sit on the shelf. It feels like such wasted time when they do that.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cormier tweeted that he just wants to sit it out and wait.
Fuck Cormier. So far at 205 he's beat a nobody and an underweight over the hill Hendo. He hasn't even earned a title shot yet, much less the right to sit on the shelf for 6-9 months with a guaranteed title shot.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, as good as Cormier has been at HW, I really don't like him acting all entitled to a title shot at LHW. I was really pulling for him when he as an underdog at HW, but he is getting a bit on the obnoxious side now.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't call it obnoxious, just safe and not confident. For cormier it makes a lot of sense. Be knows he probably only gets one shot at the belt because of his age. Now that he has it he doesn't want to risk it. But yeah as a fan its a shame he will be shelved for so long.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's undefeated and beat, decisively, the UFC ranked 4, 5, 9, 10, and 15 heavyweights. He didn't do the usual move of dropping weight after a loss or two. He's earned a title shot and has been told he'll get it, which is probably why he's so insistent about it. He hasn't ducked anyone at 205 either, his first fight was supposed to be Rashad Evans until he pulled out, not DC's fault. Plus he's 35, he can't afford to waste years campaigning for something he's earned while guys like Chael or Diaz can just talk their way in to title shots.

We're allowed to hate him obviously, but let's not pretend he's someone who hasn't earned the right to fight for a belt. And he's certainly done enough to try and talk his way in to it.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That was pretty crazy, never seen anyone tap out like that. So they called it a TKO, but isn't any verbal tap out considered a submission, regardless of if it was caused by strikes?

Fedor

<Banned>
iE2cZBI3CVwIl.gif

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well that was some shitty reffing. High got fucked over there.

*edit*

To clarify, dude got struck in the back of the head several times and instead of warning his opponent, the ref called it a TKO. He was intelligently defending himself by burying his head so that his opponent couldn't cleanly strike his head, and the ref just let the other guy throw illegal strikes without a warning.

Glad he shoved the ref.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I may agree with you on that. High was clearly rocked as his legs went total rubber on him. But he tried to get himself in the best position possible to try and regain his senses, and took a few strikes to the back of the head for his efforts. Not sure he would have recovered in the end, but was definitely questionable.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Huh, stopped the fight due to a broken nose? Was there a bone sticking out or something?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Huh, stopped the fight due to a broken nose? Was there a bone sticking out or something?
Dude a strong shot to a broken nose could force the cartilage up into the brain and kill you!!!

No, but seriously, I assume you can get pretty fucked up if you take another strong hit to an already broken nose. Don't want to end up looking Irish.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Da fuck? How in the world does Diego win that fight? And a 30-27, you have got to be kidding me.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The judge who scored it 30-27 for Pearson was the only one who had it right. What a fucking joke.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh look, Diego "earns" another decision. Though to be fair I only half paid attention, maybe the half of the fight where I was looking away featured Diego landing hundreds of clean shots and avoiding everything.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh look, Diego "earns" another decision. Though to be fair I only half paid attention, maybe the half of the fight where I was looking away featured Diego landing hundreds of clean shots and avoiding everything.
I love how every single highlight of Diego's "win" involves him getting punched in the fucking face, hard.

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
Obviously Diego got the decision because Jesus. That's the only logical explanation here.

(Joke about Diego praising Jesus after every single fight in case you didn't get it)

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm glad Kenny flat out said the judges were wrong and should be ashamed. Not that it really changes anything, and most people who are fans already know it, but it needs to be continually spotlighted in hopes that something will eventually change.