Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

Goatface

1697995140387.png

• 7Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So glad they were able to find the one african american woman with dreads in Tokyo that had the IQ and tech knowledge to decrypt ~40+ year old tapes. Seems more out of place than the monsters.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
So glad they were able to find the one african american woman with dreads in Tokyo that had the IQ and tech knowledge to decrypt ~40+ year old tapes. Seems more out of place than the monsters.
Will wait for the season to be over so I can watch a Monsters supercut minus the humans.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Will wait for the season to be over so I can watch a Monsters supercut minus the humans.

Probably sensible - I was hopeful at the start where time to first giant monster fight was like 10 seconds, but after that the rest of the first episode was just talking and family drama with some flashbacks to godzilla movies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I really like all the 'Godzilla evacuation route' signage all over the place in Tokyo along with the gun batteries etc. it's the sort of dramatic over-the-top reaction to events that society seems to have embraced (TSA for example)

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
not amazing but not that bad, the few monster scenes were awesome. Decent cast and the story keeps you on your toes switching time periods around so much. Like the Russells although I assumed going in we'd see them together, in hindsight its obvious how they will use the two of them.

The young asian chick is pretty damn annoying but i guess her hotness lets you sorta ignore the constantly dumb things she is doing, just like RL

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Enjoyed what we've seen of monsters in the first two episodes. I think the writing is pretty good outside of anything regarding the hacker chick and her "cheap" 1,500sqft studio in Tokyo.

Do you guys think LEGACY OF MONSTERS might be referencing the people too?! So deep. Anyway, I mostly just hope the graphics keep delivering.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Watched the 3rd episode and thought it was as good as the first two. It's got a decent story going on.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Enjoyed what we've seen of monsters in the first two episodes. I think the writing is pretty good outside of anything regarding the hacker chick and her "cheap" 1,500sqft studio in Tokyo.
Yeah I called bull shit on that after having discussed this previously with Chysamere Chysamere .

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i'm really enjoying the show, especially the older characters and the 1950s stuff. The 3 zoomer kids are annoying as fuck, asian tits mcgee is fine since her tits are stunning but holy shit every time she opens her mouth its nothing but stupidity. the other two can die in a fire/eaten by a muto and i wouldn't care at all. Kurt is awesome, more him less three whining tards.

there is a lot more monster stuff than i thought a TV show would do which is great. I wonder if this show only acknowledges the 2014 movie or if King Kong and Godzilla vs Kong is also canon, since the latter brought over Ghidora, Mecha Godzilla, Mothra, etc.

This scene was great, obviously spoilers so dont play/click if you havent watched episode 3. Makes me wonder what the fuck though is going on from 1954 to 2014 lol

they REALLY should have been freaking the fuck out way more haha

• 1Like

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
yeah i'm really enjoying the show, especially the older characters and the 1950s stuff. The 3 zoomer kids are annoying as fuck, asian tits mcgee is fine since her tits are stunning but holy shit every time she opens her mouth its nothing but stupidity. the other two can die in a fire/eaten by a muto and i wouldn't care at all. Kurt is awesome, more him less three whining tards.

there is a lot more monster stuff than i thought a TV show would do which is great. I wonder if this show only acknowledges the 2014 movie or if King Kong and Godzilla vs Kong is also canon, since the latter brought over Ghidora, Mecha Godzilla, Mothra, etc.

This scene was great, obviously spoilers so dont play/click if you havent watched episode 3. Makes me wonder what the fuck though is going on from 1954 to 2014 lol

they REALLY should have been freaking the fuck out way more haha

Godzilla 2014, Kong skull island 2017, Godzilla king of the monsters 2019, Godzilla vs Kong 2021, Godzilla vs Kong new empire 2024, are all connected to the show since it's all part of their monsterverse. MonsterVerse - Wikipedia
John Goodman is the older Bill Randa in Kong and in the beginning of the show throwing the tapes into the sea after the giant spider crab fight. But the show takes place in 2015 after the first godzilla attack, the other films take place 5+ years after the 2014 godzilla attack.