Monster Hunter (2020)

Szlia

Okay, so now I am curious. Why, after going through this portal, are these soldiers mowing everyone down and where are they getting ammo from?
That's the central point of the plot of a '70s or '80s japanese movie : a military unit accidentally find itself back in medieval times. Conflict ensure and while at first they maw people down, things get tricky as they run out of bullets and gasoline and the antagonists start to understand the strange new threat they face.

Some google fu and here we go : G.I. Samurai - Wikipedia

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This movie is being torn apart just from the trailer alone. Probably all the fanbois but I doubt this will do well. It's just being massacred.

I thought the trailer was cut really well, and if that speaks to the movie itself then the cinematography should be pretty good. I don't know what more they want from an action flick.

This trailer had me believe its going to be better than the RE movies action-wise.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I thought the trailer was cut really well, and if that speaks to the movie itself then the cinematography should be pretty good. I don't know what more they want from an action flick.

This trailer had me believe its going to be better than the RE movies action-wise.

Just make the movie in it's own world. No need for this dimensional stuff. No need for the soldiers etc...

Here's a better plot off the top of my head. And sets the franchise up in 20 minutes for umpteen movies:

One of the big ol' AT monsters lets say Xeno'Jiva has awoken because it wants coffee. Has all the other monsters fleeing ahead of it, devastating humanity. Monsters settles in the new world. Humanity rebuilds, and slowly starts to try and take out said monsters with all those weapons and gear we've been farming/upgrading in the new world so this doesn't happen again. End game? Take out Xeno. I'd watch the fuck outta that. Next movie? New AT Elder Dragon or something. Bam! I'm joining the writers guild!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Just make the movie in it's own world. No need for this dimensional stuff. No need for the soldiers etc...

Here's a better plot off the top of my head. And sets the franchise up in 20 minutes for umpteen movies:

One of the big ol' AT monsters lets say Xeno'Jiva has awoken because it wants coffee. Has all the other monsters fleeing ahead of it, devastating humanity. Monsters settles in the new world. Humanity rebuilds, and slowly starts to try and take out said monsters with all those weapons and gear we've been farming/upgrading in the new world so this doesn't happen again. End game? Take out Xeno. I'd watch the fuck outta that. Next movie? New AT Elder Dragon or something. Bam! I'm joining the writers guild!

This is 2020 dude, you forgot to mention that Xeno’Jiva was awoken by a white man doing something dumb. And that the force taking the monsters out would be lead by a black woman, a gay asian guy, and a transgendered woman. Get with the times. ;)

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This is 2020 dude, you forgot to mention that Xeno’Jiva was awoken by a white man doing something dumb. And that the force taking the monsters out would be lead by a black woman, a gay asian guy, and a transgendered woman. Get with the times. ;)

giphy (1).gif

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Also a slight name of Xeno'Jiva to Xe'Jiva to make sure it has the right pronoun.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was looking up an old movie and saw that the cams for this were out. Has anyone actually seen it in theatres yet? Is the movie any good? I cant stand to watch a Cam Rip and I sure as hell aint going to a theatre. So I wont be seeing it till a better rip is out or its on a paid service.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was looking up an old movie and saw that the cams for this were out. Has anyone actually seen it in theatres yet? Is the movie any good? I cant stand to watch a Cam Rip and I sure as hell aint going to a theatre. So I wont be seeing it till a better rip is out or its on a paid service.

Grandpa....tell me again, what's a theater?

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
How is that fucker Paul keep getting work? They only good movie he's made was Event Horizon and the two decent movies are the first two Resident Evil movies.

Funny I wonder if he'll be contacted to make a Dead Space movie?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
How is that fucker Paul keep getting work? They only good movie he's made was Event Horizon and the two decent movies are the first two Resident Evil movies.

Funny I wonder if he'll be contacted to make a Dead Space movie?
Because he specializes in low budget action horror and you get a decent and recognizable star in his wife.

• 3Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Oh god 10mins in and this is everything I expected it to be.

Update: I think my biggest beef with this is I fucking HATE the real world into fantasy world trope for movies. Just set the whole thing in the MH universe and it would be 100x better.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Dislike

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
When they were copying sets from the game, I have to admit that they did a pretty good job of it. The rest of it was pretty bad, but exactly what you'd expect from the RE crew.

I'd hate to be one of those other non-Perlman actors from the MH world. You saw their faces for MAYBE 5 seconds total. It is possible you saw the palico more than all of them combined. It was certainly more memorable.

Goatface

don't mind real world fantasy crossovers, but they should had made to where the people in the other world were descendants of earthlings. also should have shorten up the 1st boss, then had time for group boss fight before rushing to the end game

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Tried watching this.. really boring, couldn't get halfway through. Not my kind of movie.