Monster Hunter Rise

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
That wire attack to get monster into a mountable state. No matter what I do with Lancer with jump attacks it doesn't seem to work. I really liked just hitting Tab and turning the monster to a wall. Have to do too much maneuvering now. I liked the stamina gauge when fighting to stay mounted. That's gone, replaced with wire bugs.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That wire attack to get monster into a mountable state. No matter what I do with Lancer with jump attacks it doesn't seem to work. I really liked just hitting Tab and turning the monster to a wall. Have to do too much maneuvering now. I liked the stamina gauge when fighting to stay mounted. That's gone, replaced with wire bugs.
Huh, didn't even notice that.

Oh wait you meant from world to rise, the wire bugs just allow you to doge and take a hit, there is still a stamina meter. You can do some insane damage with mounted monsters.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yes I get this screen door looking effect effect even at 5120x1400/120Hz.

I have an AMD RX6800 card. You?
3060ti here, from what I've read elsewhere, this is most likely an issue with how shadows are rendered in PC due to how they had to be rendered on the Switch. It seems to be possible that modders could fix the issue.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
3060ti here, from what I've read elsewhere, this is most likely an issue with how shadows are rendered in PC due to how they had to be rendered on the Switch. It seems to be possible that modders could fix the issue.

Cool. I didn't notice until you pointed it out though!

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Huh, didn't even notice that.

Oh wait you meant from world to rise, the wire bugs just allow you to doge and take a hit, there is still a stamina meter. You can do some insane damage with mounted monsters.

Ok. I must not have noticed it in the training. I was only unmounted after a couple wall bangs and remounts. No more wire bugs so I was unable to remount after that.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
From brief glance at the reddit sub it seems that the monster riding is OP as shit and removes the threat of fighting multiple monsters as it's just a welcome DPS addition.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
From brief glance at the reddit sub it seems that the monster riding is OP as shit and removes the threat of fighting multiple monsters as it's just a welcome DPS addition.

Yeah the strat is go hop on the monster 2 and bash monster 1, then go hop on monster 3 and bash monster 2, then hop on monster 1 and bash whatever to maximize part drops.
Or gang bang the main hunt for some awesome damage, really nice early game as 3-800 dmg is a fuck ton.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Ok broke down and jumped in the demo. Hammer runs 2 color system now? Looks like yellow is mostly never going to be used outside of spin into big bang? Also whats with the added swing to standard big bang combo >_>

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Looks like launch is 10AM CST.
Ok broke down and jumped in the demo. Hammer runs 2 color system now? Looks like yellow is mostly never going to be used outside of spin into big bang? Also whats with the added swing to standard big bang combo >_>
Hammer is pointless now, unless you hate the move set hunting horn has the same if not better knock out power. Guess what has the best knock out power now? LBG...
Only thing hammer has going for it is style when you land the earth shatter but may as well use longsword if that is goal.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So in the Demo, how do you sprint? I thought it would be simply pressing down on the right or left stic but apparently not?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
LS / Right Button on top of controller.

Looks like launch is 10AM CST.

Hammer is pointless now, unless you hate the move set hunting horn has the same if not better knock out power. Guess what has the best knock out power now? LBG...
Only thing hammer has going for it is style when you land the earth shatter but may as well use longsword if that is goal.

Hammer will always be my #1 favorite and played over everything even if it's not the best and it takes a couple minutes longer than some speed clearing zoomer bis weapon.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Why can't we preload on steam!! Damnit. Played demo a bit, my muscle memory needs some serious help (been a while since Worlds I guess) but the counter for LS is so stupid. I guess that's the playstyle for LS? Just constant counters? Also jumped in with DB (still as fun as I remember), GS (I was dreadful at this), and LBG (still like this playstyle). IG looks cool here too. Pumped for tomorrow to get back into it.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
That is why I did a fresh PC run of world this weekend through the story =D

IG looks like you could be fucking around in the air forever with it and the wire mechanic.

It's probably just excitement over new game but I might actually branch out of my play style once I hammer smash the story from what I've messed with so far in the demo.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Why can't we preload on steam!! Damnit. Played demo a bit, my muscle memory needs some serious help (been a while since Worlds I guess) but the counter for LS is so stupid. I guess that's the playstyle for LS? Just constant counters? Also jumped in with DB (still as fun as I remember), GS (I was dreadful at this), and LBG (still like this playstyle). IG looks cool here too. Pumped for tomorrow to get back into it.
Counter is fastest way to max spirit but all about the helm splitter.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
This guy is insane. Watched a bunch of his videos but here is him on the PC demo. Obviously counters are OP in Rise but the way he weaves in between counter and helm splitters are a thing of beauty.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This guy is insane. Watched a bunch of his videos but here is him on the PC demo. Obviously counters are OP in Rise but the way he weaves in between counter and helm splitters are a thing of beauty.

I always loved watching the top SA players because the movements are so small but calculated.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
May give LS a go then, did the ammer on switch and was very boink boink to the head always. Also a year of gunlance on mhw. Cant wait!