Monster Hunter Rise

Janx

<Silver Donator>
What did you kill to unlock it? If that is the S version.
Nah thats Zinogre transmute (what i could afford anyway). I do have it unlocked though. Me Hatorade Hatorade and Brahma Brahma were rodeoing damn near everything around during our runs so probably was a victim of one of our outings.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Hatorade Hatorade is like "FUCK THAT". Think images look washed out due to playing in HDR =/
1642375261937.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anyone unlock Azuros S armor? There are no high rank missions specifically for Azuros at all, so far (I'm only hr24). I've killed Apex Azuros from the 7* mission, but the materials I got from it did not unlock the armor. Kinda annoying as I'd like to get the legs.
You mean Arzuros, the bear? There's 2 different HR quests for it, HR 4stars, Divine Comedy has Arzuros+Kulu and if you scroll to the other page, there's Blue, Round and Cute with a solo Arzuros capture quest.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You mean Arzuros, the bear? There's 2 different HR quests for it, HR 4stars, Divine Comedy has Arzuros+Kulu and if you scroll to the other page, there's Blue, Round and Cute with a solo Arzuros capture quest.
Yea, I kept thinking that 4* wasn't HR.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some Random clips from tonight. Janx Janx Brahma Brahma
Minus 50DKP for lack of Fanning Vault styling.

Made pretty good progress towards Deco collection for LBG last night, though getting Wyvern Gems is a pain. Got 1 Pierce deco, 2 Spare Shot, 3 Recoil Down, 3 Quickload, getting the Rapid Fire deco will be boring since its the Narwa fight at least 9 times. =/

Have to comment that the fights with
Kushala and Teostra
are quite a bit better in Rise than they were in World, imo.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Minus 50DKP for lack of Fanning Vault styling.

Made pretty good progress towards Deco collection for LBG last night, though getting Wyvern Gems is a pain. Got 1 Pierce deco, 2 Spare Shot, 3 Recoil Down, 3 Quickload, getting the Rapid Fire deco will be boring since its the Narwa fight at least 9 times. =/

Have to comment that the fights with
Kushala and Teostra
are quite a bit better in Rise than they were in World, imo.
Meh vault is wasted motion values, efficiency is everything.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So gave HH a good spin now, did HR4 and HR5 with it, and damn it's strong. It's so much stronger than in World, and already in Iceborne they made HH pretty good. It's also so much easier to get into. Don't have to memorize songs per horns, don't have to do the little buffing dance before the fight, don't have to think "oh I should rebuff soon, time to do a little dance again". Takes like 7-8secs to do both the moves and the perform to get all your songs and you can "store" the moves way ahead of time(I mostly have to remember to do a forward triangle > circle combo to get both of these notes saved up and then it's ready for next opening to refresh all songs at once). Can refresh songs just by attacking if you don't mind doing them one by one. Healing song is actually useful now cause you don't need to perform it, just spam the button for heal as your main attacks and boom healing every 2 attacks(+antidote on some horns).

Does big fucking damage too with the silkbind attack and you still have the HH self improvement buff so you have perma mind's eye and higher movespeed, and since it's still a HH you get stuns and exhaust too, so you get to do a bunch more damage.

It has almost everything, only downside is you can't cut tails obviously, but honestly that's not even a huge deal unless you need a bunch of tails for a specific items(and then you'd better be off playing some shit like slice LBG with partbreaker 3 and just cutting tail, carving and leaving anyway regardless of what you play).

It's really really fucking good now, and feels really nice to play without the micro management of songs. Still have to do some things, but it's so much easier it's not even close.

Now switching to Insect glaive in HR6, see what's with the changes. Need to unlock the silkbind skill via quest so first thing I'll do, I originally wanted to wait for power prolonger jewels but with the dual kinsect it's probably not gonna be too much of a problem, especially dual attack(you get attack out of any extract, so no missing the head 5times cause the monster is flying and jumping around and shit, just hit whatever and boom you have red).

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I've done Bow, HH, Longsword, and Lance in other series. May try out something new like an Axe or Dual Swords just to get in to it. Not 100% concerned about a meta build really, just always enjoy having fun.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've done Bow, HH, Longsword, and Lance in other series. May try out something new like an Axe or Dual Swords just to get in to it. Not 100% concerned about a meta build really, just always enjoy having fun.
DB's are great in this one and Hammer is also stupid af fun - nothing better than ending a hunt on a 1k impact crater (happened to me twice yesterday lol)

• 1Like

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
If anyone needs help plowing through anything, I'm happy to help. Running CB and Healing HH, ~50HR.

Discord: Budos#9022

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Allmother dead, but there is still 1 mob I haven't fought yet, which is blocking my ability to see the final weapon in a few trees. Don't want it spoiled, but when does this last monster appear? I'm at HR52 now.

• 1Like

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Been enjoying the mobility of Insect Glaive a lot. I am hoping to unlock my super stab wirebug switch skill soon but I've been wondering if I should switch to something more direct like the Hammer. Why would someone do Hammer over Hunting Horn for example.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really hope MHW2 doesn't include Rampage, I just don't find them fun to do at all. Sadly, if I want to upgrade some weapons, I need to do quite a few Rampages to find one with certain Apex mobs, which are part of getting those Apex mobs to appear as quests at hr100. Too many hoops for that.

Been failing Narwa over and over and over the past couple days. Not a single group I've joined has gotten it down to near death (blue capture icon). Its been well over 20 attempts, I think. Thankfully you still get some materials, so I've gotten my set of Spare Shot decos at least.

I still think MHW is the better game overall, but I sure do like the combat in Rise a lot more, the Wirebug is such a nice addition... please carry that over to MHW2!

• 1Like