Monster Hunter Rise

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
For gunlance, isn't there a way to do the wyrmstake shot in Rise like there is in World? Where you lodge the wyrmstake into the mob and it sticks there and instead of auto exploding, it triggers when you hit it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Investigations were like you'd loot tracks/break parts from monsters and get limited supplies of purple quests for a monster, like say kill Nergigante quest and can redo it 3 or 5times, and you'd have 3-5boxes on them and the additional boxes would provide a chance at drops(and when tempered it'd be decos instead), so you could run Nergi investigations and get 5 drops per kill more basically. The buddies stuff only bring back shitty mats(I still send them cause why not) and I do have a thief cat to get additional drops but that was the same in MHW, Investigations was just more loot on top of that.
Ahhh right. As much as I liked that lord I hated cleaning up all the shitty ones.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Where is @Jin_Furai to show us some super fast kills on hard stuff?

Still on the fence with buying this one. Don’t wanna be the only one playing it amongst my friends, and was also hoping for a follow up to MHW/Iceborne, as that was my first MH title.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The summer xpac should be pretty large though, and I'm sure we'll all eat it up. =)

Edit: Can anyone explain the talisman crafting a bit? Will better stats become available at certain HR lvls? Right now, there isn't one I'd want to waste materials on to craft. Also, how decorations, will the better ones become available at higher HR?
What I did this time round is just play till HR8 and join online HR7 rampage. You gain tons of level and tickets then use them and the monster parts to meld pots of only weakness exploit tails.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Key bind customization is pretty good in this, outside of being unable to bind some keys or have them blank. Can set up two separate key bind types and assign those types to specific weapons.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Hit HR 20, about to do the Chameleos quest but man I'm broke as fuck... Went from like 300k to basically 10k and can't upgrade shit. Any tips for gold farming??

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I got like 500k at HR6. Selling off cash drops, pelico gathering/pilfering and looting a gold egg every 5 hunts etc. Probably have another couple hundred k in low rank parts that aren't needed too that I'll sell eventually. I am methodically doing every hunt/quest though which probably helps.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Still on the fence with buying this one. Don’t wanna be the only one playing it amongst my friends, and was also hoping for a follow up to MHW/Iceborne, as that was my first MH title.

Myself, Hate and Janx play daily...

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Jin is too busy playing with the pokemains

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hatorade

A nice asshole.

If you still have stuff to do in world is all worth doing.
Myself, Hate and Janx play daily...
We crushing it as well, except we died twice to first boss all my fault, LBG is awesome but when I manually aim wire bug and launch myself forward instead of pulling out the gun to shoot I die...

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

We crushing it as well, except we died twice to first boss all my fault, LBG is awesome but when I manually aim wire bug and launch myself forward instead of pulling out the gun to shoot I die...

git gu…. Wait. You are already good. Never mind.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

At least you didn't do this *reenactment of me using a dragonator/nuke on "final" boss*
Challenge Miss GIF by Survivor CBS

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We farmin deco's now. Got the gun I want, got the armor pieces I wanted... now just to fill them out. Having the LBG stay within its optimal range seems to be a bit more touchy in Rise than in World. I feel I end up having to be too far away, and with the bullets having travel time, it kinda sucks. I've tried various combinations of barrels and ballistics (aim boost) and nothing feels quite right.

Fought the first of the elder dragons, aside from the two Story ones and it was an interesting fight. There are still 4 monsters left which I haven't encountered (according to my weapon tree), 2 of which I know of due to the Event quests, 1 I can guess, so just 1 mystery left.

I don't understand having the game "split" between Hub and Village. It seems that the Village path is solo focused with more Story? While the Hub is multiplayer focused with a few cutscenes here and there... like it was pretty jarring to get a mission for the second Story boss but with so little build up (compared to World). Dunno if the Village path has more too it.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
We farmin deco's now. Got the gun I want, got the armor pieces I wanted... now just to fill them out. Having the LBG stay within its optimal range seems to be a bit more touchy in Rise than in World. I feel I end up having to be too far away, and with the bullets having travel time, it kinda sucks. I've tried various combinations of barrels and ballistics (aim boost) and nothing feels quite right.

Fought the first of the elder dragons, aside from the two Story ones and it was an interesting fight. There are still 4 monsters left which I haven't encountered (according to my weapon tree), 2 of which I know of due to the Event quests, 1 I can guess, so just 1 mystery left.

I don't understand having the game "split" between Hub and Village. It seems that the Village path is solo focused with more Story? While the Hub is multiplayer focused with a few cutscenes here and there... like it was pretty jarring to get a mission for the second Story boss but with so little build up (compared to World). Dunno if the Village path has more too it.

This will all come together when G-Rank hits, World is the first game were they held off on any G-Rank stuff till the Expansion..

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I can't get the Anjanath gem, probably literally 25+ kills & nothing. Fucking thing sucks.

That said, did get the Tigrex hammer (Crater crits for 500-700 dmg pretty often) and Night Blades for DB and just shred shit now at HR 39 or so. I just want my fucking gem man so I can never see Anjanath again...

Now that I'm pretty set on weapons and armor (at least, until I unlock the last few elders) I want to try a ranged weapon - which is most noob friendly? Seeing a ton of LBG users - also seeing a ton of HH users which is great as it makes hunts so comfy in a party

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Also per Steam I've already got like 50+ hours in this since release.... these games just suck my time like nothing else - "just one more hunt"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone unlock Azuros S armor? There are no high rank missions specifically for Azuros at all, so far (I'm only hr24). I've killed Apex Azuros from the 7* mission, but the materials I got from it did not unlock the armor. Kinda annoying as I'd like to get the legs.