Monster Hunter Rise

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope people want to play it still by then. I wanted to do World with other people but I started late and everyone here was end gaming already so wasn’t anyone to play with. Tried it for a bit but it didn’t hook me solo. I like the idea behind it and would like to give the series another go. I’m not doing it on switch though. I hate the controllers, hate the lag.
I'm sure millions will play MHR when its released on other platforms. You'll have Ps5/Xbx and PC all at once.

Edit: What I'm curious about is how long Capcom will support Rise knowing that there will be a MHW2. I can't see a MHW2 coming out too soon after Rise is on the other platforms. So maybe we'll see a MHW2 is 2024?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
The Haikus are growing on me, switchaxe as well. Learning how to use any weapon is key to having fun with it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like that this game is way more goofy than MHW.

Bishatan was cool. What are you supposed to do with his fruits though? Hunting Horn is a lot of fun. Will go dual blades or gun lance for awhile soon.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Just started with the hammer. This thing is a blast :)

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
OK so evade extender and evade window plus wirebug skills you are a god, doing no hit runs with it.
Also wups still not HR, hit credits and started unlocking a bunch of shit I thought was HR.
Fucking love this game.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I am loving the continual quality of life improvements they are doing since World. Teleporting around the (excellent and very compact) town is great, instant loads between town sections on the Switch is also excellent. Being able to start a hunt without having to go to the gate (even in Single player) A+.

But my favorite is the update to the joining hunts in progress. If you didn't play with a static group in World, joining a hunt is progress was a pain (ironically due to the popularity). You had to search by Monster (or whatever other qualifier you want), then look through a list of rooms, then select the room, then select connect. Half the time someone else had already sniped the open spot in the room before you could even hit connect, at which point you start the process all over again. Now, you just select the particular quest you want, and the game will automatically find you an open room and drop you right in, thank god. I play weird hours cause I work nights so I don't typically run a static with you guys, so this is a god send for me.

I am also a fan of the changes to mounting. Actual Wyvern Riding is cool, but not super necessary. The part I like is that it is now based on jumping attacks and Silkbind attacks, and the threshold to get a mount is much higher. I don't know if you guys played/remember MH4U, but it was filled with Insect Glaive spam, and "Je Suis Monte!", cause that was the only meta thing to do. Spam jumping attacks to mount and wail away on a defenseless monster. This system is much better, more fighting, less jumping around like an asshole trying to disable to monster.

• 2Like

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
So, I have played MHW but no other MH title. Is there a compelling reason to play this instead of patching and playing MHW instead? Think the last think I did in world was fight a Raging Brachydos.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
There we go now we onto HR quests, have to do multiplayer quests not village stuff.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This may be even better than World.

Rampages can suck a dick though. I always hated Zorah Magadros and siimilar type events. Trying to get on a ballista to get rid of flying monster while they just knock you off of it is really annoying. They also take forever.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So, I have played MHW but no other MH title. Is there a compelling reason to play this instead of patching and playing MHW instead? Think the last think I did in world was fight a Raging Brachydos.
Lots of new monsters and mechanics and all kinds of shit. Absolutely.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also help a retard out. I've failed the first quest rampage three times. What am I supposed to do? I seemingly can't do enough damage to them quickly enough playing solo.

EDIT: Am retard. Auto turrets.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Also help a retard out. I've failed the first quest rampage three times. What am I supposed to do? I seemingly can't do enough damage to them quickly enough playing solo.

Yeah and get off them when the counter timer starts, your weapon damage becomes godlike.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Yeah I was going to mention that. You can set to manual or auto when building. Was that the tutorial quest you got stuck in?

I am now into HR4. Taking my time and doing all the quests because I know that I ended up missing a lot of bonus items in cooking and such when I didn't do that in World and blasted through it. Looking forward to upgrading my hammer. I have a full set of Tetranadon upgraded to level 3 which should sustain me for a bit.

• 2Like