Monster Hunter Rise

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't there a strange thing in World where it locked the Monster level to assuming 3 or 4 player multi even if there were only two people? Could be way off just some conversation fragments, but I didn't do much multi in World.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Wasn't there a strange thing in World where it locked the Monster level to assuming 3 or 4 player multi even if there were only two people? Could be way off just some conversation fragments, but I didn't do much multi in World.
Yes they fixed it in rise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I just mean that on solo play hub vs village of the same star rank are objectively harder.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
There's apparently a patch for the emulator that allows for 1080p and 1620p, also one that unlocks framerate. But again, not going to fiddle with it much because I love the series and will just buy it for PC. Unfortunately don't have a Switch and would probably just wait until this next refresh coming up if I were to get one.

Is it an official build, or do you have to build it yourself + install many "mods" ?
Edit: Sounds like you need the PR build plus somehow mod it to work with both PPTC & exefs. I'll wait for pc...

Last edited:

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So my quest for the 3rd sub finally showed. Had to get to six star and get the 5 star urgent quest completed in village before it finally popped.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Is it an official build, or do you have to build it yourself + install many "mods" ?
Edit: Sounds like you need the PR build plus somehow mod it to work with both PPTC & exefs. I'll wait for pc...

Yeah, I gave up at the PPTC & exef stuff after getting the PR build. Maybe it'll just be incorporated at some point in the future. Was fun testing but too much trouble and I like the series too much to both. But it did make me itch to get my hands on this!

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am just now reaching high rank.

While I like a lot of the changes it's all pros and cons. I've played Generations Ultimate (on the switch), World, and Rise. So I am a relatively new entrant to the series. I definitely think that things like the village layout being convenient and not just deliberately wasting your fucking time by elevators and other shit with how it is spaced out is good. Hi MHW before Iceborne. In Ultimate the village was less annoying but it had a lot of archaic game mechanics comparatively. But I also understand that a little of the complexity is lost with each streamlined feature.

The hard line to draw is when you get between complexity, which is good, and tedium for the sake of tedium. Which is bad.

Rise does not hurt the actual mechanics of the game at all, it just improves it. The older stuff in ultimate where you had to craft nets,mining picks, shovels for getting other mats and so on can suck a dick. That's annoying. Using potions in Ultimate was also way more annoying. Ultimate has a fuckton of features and it took me a long time to figure out. But on the plus side ultimate had a FUCKTON of monsters in it. So overall it was a great game I sunk a lot of hours into.

I don't think Rise has crossed the point of making things so easy and "accessible" that it legitimately dilutes and cheapens the series in the same vein as Elder Scrolls from Morrowind to Skyrim.

But something does tell me that the MH title that comes out in a few years will hit that point. Seems to be inevitable these days.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You prob shouldn't watch this but I listened to it while working so it wasn't a complete waste of time. It was interesting from a design perspective to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm still waiting for a newer game to get Raviente or Dalamadur , I was really hoping for them in Iceborne Dalamadur's skeleton and the blue blood pools are what is in the Rotten Vale..

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I always loved fights like Jhen Moran, Dalamadur, Lao Shan Lung, etc. I know some people hate them, but the thought of four hunters using melee weapons, fighting the rough equivalent of Godzilla brings a smile to my face. Also their armor/weapons tended to be pretty good too. Sadly Rise doesn't even have a Zorah Magdaros type monster, much less a Gogmazios or Alatreon or Dire Miralis.... yet!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah only way around this is to make sure you do slay quests but even then some of these idiots just capture and then fail.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I have time starting Thursday night again if you want to play more Hatorade Hatorade - I am almost HR7 in gathering hub just have 2 quests to finish up.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Beat the "final boss" game feels unfinished... World had second credits this one just keeps on with no way to pursue the "threat". First free hopefully adds an actual ending.
Going to knock out the quests I haven't done yet then finally branch out and try something other than the Switch Axe.
Also is it just me or are the Nargacuga weapons ridiculous, 190ish attack and 40% affinity...what?

Rajang is also SUPER easy compared to World thanks to wirebug stuff.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Beat the "final boss" game feels unfinished... World had second credits this one just keeps on with no way to pursue the "threat". First free hopefully adds an actual ending.
Going to knock out the quests I haven't done yet then finally branch out and try something other than the Switch Axe.
Also is it just me or are the Nargacuga weapons ridiculous, 190ish attack and 40% affinity...what?

Nargacuga weapons have always been OP , but are usually the "starting" gate for G-Rank.

Also you probably won't see anything majorly new till an Ultimate Version is annouced.... welcome too non-DLC MH(some minor DLC will get released eventually, but it will be free)

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Time for some weakness exploit II melding farms! That one takes awhile...

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Time for some weakness exploit II melding farms! That one takes awhile...
I’m in, have like 1000 hours in world back 800 is deco farming mostly. After farming Fatalis the game kinda died for me it was the set and weapon to have. Killed him 40 or so times made the gear I wanted and barely played after that.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Sharing here because I learned three things like you can speed up the dragonator reload using the kilns.