Monster Hunter: World

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I just watched the hunting horn guide video thing earlier today since I was thinking about it, it does look pretty cool, like a non shitty hammer tbh, and the songs look pretty OP even for solo play.

There's not many attacks for the hunting horn though. There's a bunch of holding back while doing something to get another hit, and the big hit is when you do an encore, which is play a song then play the same song again right after, the encore does devastating damage so that was probably that. I think you just R2 again, or hold it not sure, it'll do a bunch of powerful attacks then play the same song again(so it maxes it at lvl 2).

Watch a HH tutorial vid, you got enough wrong to be confusing what does what.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone know if PC is running the same balance patch that PS4 runs? Sorry if this has already been answered but I'm behind like 5 pages and can't find answer on google.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Does anyone know if PC is running the same balance patch that PS4 runs? Sorry if this has already been answered but I'm behind like 5 pages and can't find answer on google.

It has to be, SnS is hitting like a truck on elder dragons.

Delly

Trakanon Raider

Fairly certain it is just because Ivy is able to be put into the botanical research which wasn't possible at the beginning of MHW on ps4.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Kinda annoyed that rarity 5 Rathian legs require a rarity 7 Rathian Ruby.

That rarity in the end doesnt mean much as long as its high rank. Plus its worth it for the current meta until Lunastra arrives. 2pc Rathalos lets elemental damage crit which is pretty important if your elemental damage. You also get weakness exploit on the chest which is pretty big as well, you might want to double check your weapons gear setup because the BP uses a gem also.

For example SnS I am going to use 2pc Rath (Helm+BP) which will give me Weakness Exploit 2 as well, ill reach WE3 with Teostra gloves. Thats the kind of interactions at least for SnS which made me go from 13 minute tempered elders down to 8 minutes.

** Anyone make a clan for us yet? Someone please make one so we can all join the same instance automatically

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
That rarity in the end doesnt mean much as long as its high rank. Plus its worth it for the current meta until Lunastra arrives. 2pc Rathalos lets elemental damage crit which is pretty important if your elemental damage. You also get weakness exploit on the chest which is pretty big as well, you might want to double check your weapons gear setup because the BP uses a gem also.

For example SnS I am going to use 2pc Rath (Helm+BP) which will give me Weakness Exploit 2 as well, ill reach WE3 with Teostra gloves. Thats the kind of interactions at least for SnS which made me go from 13 minute tempered elders down to 8 minutes.

** Anyone make a clan for us yet? Someone please make one so we can all join the same instance automatically

No squads, it is all based on steam stuff. Makes Fires of Heaven steam group your main, then join a friend session to play with them.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Man I am really liking this game. Now that I have a handle on the UI, armor crafting, weapon types etc. I also captured my first monster! The skull on the map is so finicky. It has showed up once out of 5 times. I also had to KEEP using powders. Is that normal?

Finally joined some SOS games. Aaaand I'm not a big fan at these levels as mele. There is always a gun or bow user that keeps the mob bouncing all over the place because Billy wants to stand a bazillion feet away.

I went with normal lance, as opposed to gunlance, and shit is sooooo much more consistent. Plays a lot more like the Tera Pally. But I think I like Gunlance more.

Anyone wanna hook up with a total noob let me know.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On Console, I ran with Rath Chest / Belt, and Lavasioth Legs (spread gem was elusive). Not really sure what build I'll be doing on PC yet; really tempted to get Bagel Helm/Belt + Earplug gem to ignore roars.

I think I'm missing something really simple, but I cannot yet upgrade my Powercharm / Armorcharm. I have both, and I have enough Bagel Talons to upgrade them, but I see no option to do so at the Forge? What am I missing?

Edit: Found it, Crafting menu.

Last edited:

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Man I am really liking this game. Now that I have a handle on the UI, armor crafting, weapon types etc. I also captured my first monster! The skull on the map is so finicky. It has showed up once out of 5 times. I also had to KEEP using powders. Is that normal?

Finally joined some SOS games. Aaaand I'm not a big fan at these levels as mele. There is always a gun or bow user that keeps the mob bouncing all over the place because Billy wants to stand a bazillion feet away.

I went with normal lance, as opposed to gunlance, and shit is sooooo much more consistent. Plays a lot more like the Tera Pally. But I think I like Gunlance more.

Dude group with us, we know whats up and way more fun to group while in chat. Join the discord, go from there.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'll be on tonight, I would like to group up for some monsters with you guys.

I'm not very far yet, just got to the Pukei-Pukei hunt.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'll be on tonight, I would like to group up for some monsters with you guys.

I'm not very far yet, just got to the Pukei-Pukei hunt.

Yeah, I JUST finished the story yesterday. Still trying to figure out what's what.

Think I fucked up and made the next set of bone armor. It says it has slots? I THINK? Just see an exclamation point.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
HTF do I get jewels? I have one, and no idea where I got it. Looks like I have a slot in all my gear, which is good.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You get one when you unlock the system, after that you get them from mission end screen sometimes, but it's super uncommon from anything but investigations it seems like. Each set has 2 versions though, one that has no slots with a bunch of premade skills and one with slots, so far I'm mostly crafting the no slots ones since I don't have shit to put in slots. The bone chest and gloves are a good start since they have attack boost, I also went with Zora helm for handicraft. Rest is some random garbage, I'm trying to figure out what set to farm now since I'm starting to get fucked again against stuff in the elder recess.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I JUST finished the story yesterday. Still trying to figure out what's what.

Think I fucked up and made the next set of bone armor. It says it has slots? I THINK? Just see an exclamation point.
I think you finished the first half of the story, you still a lot more to do and kill. =)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You get one when you unlock the system, after that you get them from mission end screen sometimes, but it's super uncommon from anything but investigations it seems like. Each set has 2 versions though, one that has no slots with a bunch of premade skills and one with slots, so far I'm mostly crafting the no slots ones since I don't have shit to put in slots. The bone chest and gloves are a good start since they have attack boost, I also went with Zora helm for handicraft. Rest is some random garbage, I'm trying to figure out what set to farm now since I'm starting to get fucked again against stuff in the elder recess.
You'll see slots on both versions of the HR armors sometimes, just different in how many and what quality.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

Watch this vid for normal lance. I actually learned a lot from it. I had be ignoring the guard dash and it is SOOOO fucking good.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have tempered investigations waiting for FoH bros who are HR13+, gonna join steam group now.

@a_skeleton_00 dad you would be so proud, just did 2m tempered rath on SnS

Thank you Derpa Derpa

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user