Monster Hunter: World

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How do you get a lot of dash juices btw? I don't need them currently with glaive but wondering since it seems I've only dropped like 4 extracts or something.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
How do you get a lot of dash juices btw? I don't need them currently with glaive but wondering since it seems I've only dropped like 4 extracts or something.

Hunt flash face Tzitzi, good idea to make legiana 3/kirin 2 for maximum chance to get the extracts.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hunt flash face Tzitzi, good idea to make legiana 3/kirin 2 for maximum chance to get the extracts.
Oh there's no better way than that, that sounds terrible. Oh well don't need them for now, thanks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Not enjoying this, probably picked the wrong weapon to start with. I can't figure out how to do actually do dps instead of avoiding every single attack that seems to be thrown my way. And after the 2nd dumb giant elder dragon quest, mobs I was farming are now 1-shot'ing me and I have no idea why. The feedback this game gives to people like me is so frustrating.

Oh well, got 15 hours of frustrating gameplay in and I'm throwing in the towel.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Fuck I was pretty sure I was done with weapon mats farming but for some reason even though I though I saw 1 horn then 2horns on my black diablos kills, I only had 1. Wonder if I hit sell all somehow or some shit. Still need some Nergigante tails too, I did some group investigation to get investigations(apparently doing the optional doesn't give them? That or I was super unlucky since I inspected like 40tracks and shit and never got one but got it on the first investigation group I did) to help with that. I can cut the tail solo generally, but can't fucking cut it in a good group, dies too fast.

After I'm done with the weapon I should finish the story though before I finish farming nergigante, pretty sure I'm missing some of the shit I can do. Like the blue tracks seem to do nothing and I believe there's a way to meld decos for good ones but atm the old lady is only selling me elemental resist/damage shit.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not enjoying this, probably picked the wrong weapon to start with. I can't figure out how to do actually do dps instead of avoiding every single attack that seems to be thrown my way. And after the 2nd dumb giant elder dragon quest, mobs I was farming are now 1-shot'ing me and I have no idea why. The feedback this game gives to people like me is so frustrating.

Oh well, got 15 hours of frustrating gameplay in and I'm throwing in the towel.

It can be super frustrating learning this game, especially with how the attacking animations work. Everyone dies though, literally everyone gets carted at some point or another. Last night with Janx I think our entire team got carted on Laviasoth and we know what were doing. I would check to make sure your armor is upgraded all the way. When I played on PS4 I used defensive setups like the no stun / flinch free stuff while I learned. If youre fighting a lot of fire mobs (Anja, Rathians, Teostra, Lavaiasoth, Bazel etc) you should try for fire +3 on your armor or gems. The difference resists make is night and day when your getting hit.

Fuck I was pretty sure I was done with weapon mats farming but for some reason even though I though I saw 1 horn then 2horns on my black diablos kills, I only had 1. Wonder if I hit sell all somehow or some shit. Still need some Nergigante tails too, I did some group investigation to get investigations(apparently doing the optional doesn't give them? That or I was super unlucky since I inspected like 40tracks and shit and never got one but got it on the first investigation group I did) to help with that. I can cut the tail solo generally, but can't fucking cut it in a good group, dies too fast.

After I'm done with the weapon I should finish the story though before I finish farming nergigante, pretty sure I'm missing some of the shit I can do. Like the blue tracks seem to do nothing and I believe there's a way to meld decos for good ones but atm the old lady is only selling me elemental resist/damage shit.

I would burn through the story and do the optional quests with the marks which let you know its a canteen ingredient or upgrade.

For tempered investigations (purple) or even the elder dragons what I did and do is once you get a single one just start it and AFK for like 30 minutes. You can then put on your ghillie mantle and pick up all the blue tracks your monster left and get at least a handful of investigations. I did this twice a couple of nights ago and have 20+ purple quests. As your HR rises your chances of getting investigations goes up from breaking parts or tracks etc anyway.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It can be super frustrating learning this game, especially with how the attacking animations work. Everyone dies though, literally everyone gets carted at some point or another. Last night with Janx I think our entire team got carted on Laviasoth and we know what were doing. I would check to make sure your armor is upgraded all the way. When I played on PS4 I used defensive setups like the no stun / flinch free stuff while I learned. If youre fighting a lot of fire mobs (Anja, Rathians, Teostra, Lavaiasoth, Bazel etc) you should try for fire +3 on your armor or gems. The difference resists make is night and day when your getting hit.

I would burn through the story and do the optional quests with the marks which let you know its a canteen ingredient or upgrade.

For tempered investigations (purple) or even the elder dragons what I did and do is once you get a single one just start it and AFK for like 30 minutes. You can then put on your ghillie mantle and pick up all the blue tracks your monster left and get at least a handful of investigations. I did this twice a couple of nights ago and have 20+ purple quests. As your HR rises your chances of getting investigations goes up from breaking parts or tracks etc anyway.
You would only need to use a Ghillie if you're "farming" Nergi tracks, all the other Elder dragons just ignore you.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I just might have been unlucky but I'm max rank with Nergigante and I used a lot of tracks, but it never popped in normal investigations until I did the group thing.

I took a break before finishing the story because Nergigante was annoying as fuck and I figured I might as well gear up a bit before I do the other 3 fuckheads. I'm almost done though, I'll ignore the 3set nergigant bonus for now so I don't have to farm the tails, just need to get the 2 black diablos horns which should be pretty fast since he's not too bad, get my final Diablos weapon upgrade and then go kill the rest.

Made a gathering set to make some money too and it's pretty good. Those dragon ore shit sell for a lot of money, I was at like 15k yesterday after buying/upgrading some shit and back at 130k now.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
You would only need to use a Ghillie if you're "farming" Nergi tracks, all the other Elder dragons just ignore you.

Tempered investigations are all monsters not just elder dragons. I padded my HR30s for weapon stones by letting Anjanath and Rathians wander around for 30 minutes.

Yeah I just might have been unlucky but I'm max rank with Nergigante and I used a lot of tracks, but it never popped in normal investigations until I did the group thing.

I took a break before finishing the story because Nergigante was annoying as fuck and I figured I might as well gear up a bit before I do the other 3 fuckheads. I'm almost done though, I'll ignore the 3set nergigant bonus for now so I don't have to farm the tails, just need to get the 2 black diablos horns which should be pretty fast since he's not too bad, get my final Diablos weapon upgrade and then go kill the rest.

Made a gathering set to make some money too and it's pretty good. Those dragon ore shit sell for a lot of money, I was at like 15k yesterday after buying/upgrading some shit and back at 130k now.

I can take you through some Nergi investigations later if you want. I saved all of the elder dragon investigations just in case anyone from here needed to farm them. I have multiples of each with 3-4 rewards. I still need 2 theostra gems for charm crafting myself.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I'm not far enough into the game to have any of that stuff unlocked. I can't increase resistances. I can increase armor on shit armor I was trying to farm replacements for, but then I'm wasting mats on something I was able to farm replacements for just one mission ago but am now being literally one shot by mobs I was able to farm before.

Why can't I hover over something in my stat pane and be told what it does? I made an elemental weapon and my damage didn't change.

I've come to realize that while I may have free time (being a worthless human irl) I just don't have the patience to spend 80% of my gameplay picking plants so that I can craft potions and eating a meal before every "hunt". Hell, I don't even know how to get mats for the canteen. I pick everything I see and none of it is the correct stuff apparently.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm not far enough into the game to have any of that stuff unlocked. I can't increase resistances. I can increase armor on shit armor I was trying to farm replacements for, but then I'm wasting mats on something I was able to farm replacements for just one mission ago but am now being literally one shot by mobs I was able to farm before.

Why can't I hover over something in my stat pane and be told what it does? I made an elemental weapon and my damage didn't change.

I've come to realize that while I may have free time (being a worthless human irl) I just don't have the patience to spend 80% of my gameplay picking plants so that I can craft potions and eating a meal before every "hunt". Hell, I don't even know how to get mats for the canteen. I pick everything I see and none of it is the correct stuff apparently.

You don't have to dog. You unlock the farm and just farm most of the critical plants you need (tell the botanist what you want, then fertilize it and every quest you go on the farm generates bugs/mushrooms/plants). Then change as needed. You're clearly suffering from a lack of game knowledge that you haven't acquired yet... just because you haven't played enough.

Only thing I can figure here is that you are currently hunting high rank versions of monsters you already hunted and they are fucking your shit up right now. It's is almost guaranteed because you are running a lower tier armor set and need to upgrade it... or something. You don't pick canteen ingredients you just unlock them. Optional quest descriptions/deliveries will tell you if the quest unlocks a canteen ingredient (there is a shitload of them).

I played on PS4 but if you go into the inventory you can see a skill stat and click some button that shows the details of that skill then it explains what each level gives you. Bounties will be your main source of armor spheres other than hunting and you will drown in them soon enough. Elemental damage doesn't work like you'd think. What is your weapon? If you made an elemental weapon with element lock you can't use that element until you equip some armor/gem or something with free element on it.

15 hours into MHW is barely getting your feet wet. I'm telling you.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The expeditions say low level. I don't know how to increase my rank, still stuck at 10. How could I have flipped over to high level mobs?

Farm guy doesn't make enough mats to power my current potion consumption rate (because I'm getting flattened by everything I fight). It restocks when? After a successful hunt in which I went through 5-7 mega pots? Power coating is prohibitively costly to use, I don't even think he can grow that.

How do I get meal components for the canteen? I'm basically out and after wandering around for 30 minutes picking up everything until my pack is full, nothing changes.

Why can't I get a formula for what defense does? I'm asking why the UI is so worthless for giving me feedback on what things do. Why should I upgrade my gear with an extra 2 defense if I don't even know what it does with respect to overall damage reduction?

The game was never like the videos I've watched. Nothing ever stands still in my experience and I spend most of my fights dodging around in circles avoiding every attack under the sun and taking 4 monster moves to finally kill something because my damage is so shit. Spending 20 minutes to kill entry level monsters isn't fun.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The expeditions say low level. I don't know how to increase my rank, still stuck at 10. How could I have flipped over to high level mobs?

Farm guy doesn't make enough mats to power my current potion consumption rate (because I'm getting flattened by everything I fight). It restocks when? After a successful hunt in which I went through 5-7 mega pots? Power coating is prohibitively costly to use, I don't even think he can grow that.

How do I get meal components for the canteen? I'm basically out and after wandering around for 30 minutes picking up everything until my pack is full, nothing changes.

Why can't I get a formula for what defense does? I'm asking why the UI is so worthless for giving me feedback on what things do. Why should I upgrade my gear with an extra 2 defense if I don't even know what it does with respect to overall damage reduction?

The game was never like the videos I've watched. Nothing ever stands still in my experience and I spend most of my fights dodging around in circles avoiding every attack under the sun and taking 4 monster moves to finally kill something because my damage is so shit. Spending 20 minutes to kill entry level monsters isn't fun.

I really have no idea why you're getting one shot by monsters you already killed at the same level with the same equipment. Something has changed or you're just on some hardcore tilt. Likely culprit is high level hunts. Did you get a quest to go kill a certin Pukei Pukei?

I go through like 4 - 10 mega pots each hunt. The farm gets significantly bigger as you play through and eventually produces an inordinate amount of mats.

Meal components come from quests and bounties. You need to register bounties at the guys near the Tradeyard bulletin board in order to complete them. The limited/critical bounties AND deliveries will say, "Unlocks canteen ingredient" on them or something like that. Same goes for the optional quests. The description will tell you if it gives you an ingredient. Make not here. Ingredients do not go into your inventory. You can see the ingredient list if you look at the canteen menu.

Monsters do not usually stand still but if you get better you understand their patterns more you can just walk all over and curb stomp them. Make sure to upgrade your weapon. I haven't used bow a lot but bow does get a damage bonus from quick dodging right into another bow shot. If you do three small charge shot in succession that red glow is a damage boost. On top of that try using close range coating and be right up in their grill. You can do a lot of damage that way. Hatorade Hatorade has and can guide you here better than I can.

That being said. If something isn't working for you the best bet is to change some shit up. Are you using items? Flash pods are god. If you aren't using them you should start. They can drop all flying monsters right out of the sky, for example.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I can't do a high level hunt as far as I'm aware. I haven't unlocked at least 5 more monsters that I know about. I died to a Barroth 3 times in a row before I rage quit last night. I've never died to one before and I've been able to eat every single attack without being flattened in one go. But his head butt is enough to end me now.

How does defense work? Is it a % damage reduction or a flat cut off where each additional 2 points is a direct decrease in damage taken?

My farm only has two slots at the moment and makes 2 items per rotation (I don't know what actually triggers a rotation, but if it's a successful mission/investigation/bounty, then I'm way behind due to being stuck at the moment).

If canteen mats only come from the bounties, then I've been picking the wrong ones entirely.